What are you doing right now?

GeddyLee

sitting on the couch listening to music after doing chores. i essentially have the house to myself for the next 10-15 minutes until my brother gets home.

Just checking my internet stuff before heading out to the yard to build a brick garden planter for my wife.

First time I'm doing a brick and mortar project. Hope I don't screw it up.

• Like 1

Just checking my internet stuff before heading out to the yard to build a brick garden planter for my wife.

I screwed it up.

Dumbass that I am, I left my bags of mortar outside for a month. I place them on and covered them with plastic, thinking they wouldn't get wet, and if they did, no big deal.

Yeah, no big deal. I now have 9 bags of 80 pound rocks. Didn't take a lot of moisture to do it.

LMAO. Now I have to figure out how to get rid of this stuff.

Ordered new , smaller bags from the Home Depot. Will keep them in the garage this time until I need them. Which is what I should have done in the first place.

So that was my day..... but at least I got the first level of bricks placed and flat. So next weekend, weather permitting, should make short work of the build.

• Like 1

I screwed it up.

Dumbass that I am, I left my bags of mortar outside for a month. I place them on and covered them with plastic, thinking they wouldn't get wet, and if they did, no big deal.

Yeah, no big deal. I now have 9 bags of 80 pound rocks. Didn't take a lot of moisture to do it.

Ordered new , smaller bags from the Home Depot. Will keep them in the garage this time until I need them. Which is what I should have done in the first place.

So that was my day..... but at least I got the first level of bricks placed and flat. So next weekend, weather permitting, should make short work of the build.

Maybe the newborn rocks can be used as a part of some element in the garden - as a support, sign or decoration if painted? Hope you have better luck next time, you live and learn! :)

• Like 1

I screwed it up.

Dumbass that I am, I left my bags of mortar outside for a month...

:oops:

Lesson learned, I suppose. Good luck on the rest of the project!

I love Sun and Moon's idea of using the "rocks" you made in a decorative way. Not only would it be a fun creative challenge, but it would make for a funny story when guests come over.

• Like 2

I screwed it up.

Maybe the newborn rocks can be used as a part of some element in the garden - as a support, sign or decoration if painted? Hope you have better luck next time, you live and learn! :)

That's a good idea. Break up some of them, spray paint the larger pieces - some bright yellwos, oranges, blues.... might have something to it.

Thank you. Gonna' try. For at least some of the material.

• Like 1

I screwed it up.

That's a good idea. Break up some of them, spray paint the larger pieces - some bright yellwos, oranges, blues.... might have something to it.

Thank you. Gonna' try. For at least some of the material.

Maybe your wife will find a beautiful, big heart of many colours in the garden one of these days, or something really creative. Go for it! :rose: :) :rose:

• Like 1

Grading student work, eating a late breakfast, and half-paying attention to the soccer on in the next room.

Premier League?

• Like 1

Right now, I am lamenting how I didn't do squat today. Nothing of substance. :eh:

The new work week rapidly approaches. My 3:00 am alarm will be cruel....

Grading student work, eating a late breakfast, and half-paying attention to the soccer on in the next room.

Premier League?

Yep; it was Spurs v Burnley at the time, I think.

Yes, that slaughter, with great contribution by Bale.

• Like 1