Listening to MotH - Magus Orbis Terrae Hereditas

Whispers In The Dark

Damn, I am a fan of that guitar tone! The chorus effect sounds very good on this one.

Once again, the vocals are great. I'm finding it a little hard to hear the bass guitar on this one through all the keys at times, but overall the song sounds beautiful.

Edited by BowlCity
  • Like 1

The Dividing Line - Another blow-out. All 3 of you guys are hitting a home run with this one. Great stuff going on here.

Wanderlust - Is that some single-coil tone going on in the guitar? It sounds very good for this. The bass guitar is on fire, and another great guitar solo, very spacey.

• Like 1

Disturbing The Universe was a lot of fun to listen to!

Time for that cool cover of Vital Signs :D

This album is great, even better than the last one for sure. Very strong throughout. Will definitely listen to again and throw it in my rotation.

• Like 1

Whispers In The Dark

Damn, I am a fan of that guitar tone! The chorus effect sounds very good on this one.

Once again, the vocals are great. I'm finding it a little hard to hear the bass guitar on this one through all the keys at times, but overall the song sounds beautiful.

This was a real tricky one to mix, given all the moving parts. I wrote the lyrics to the choruses on this one, Mike wrote the verse lyrics. This is my official nod to prog...the verses are in 7 and in the choruses are in 4...and there's a little 5/4 & 6/4 switch-up near the end.

• Like 1

The Dividing Line - Another blow-out. All 3 of you guys are hitting a home run with this one. Great stuff going on here.

Wanderlust - Is that some single-coil tone going on in the guitar? It sounds very good for this. The bass guitar is on fire, and another great guitar solo, very spacey.

Yes to the single-coil (good catch)...Mark of Man is all single-coil as well.

A little late I know but...... :blink:

Actually, BC and Lorraine have advanced copies of the CD...check back in a week for the official release info and vids.

• Like 1

A little late I know but...... :blink:

Actually, BC and Lorraine have advanced copies of the CD...check back in a week for the official release info and vids.

Thanks for the explanation. I wasn't sure what was being discussed... :)

I agree this one is stronger for fans of a certain style. Mike's songs were underrepresented on the first album (he had two compared to three each from Jeremy and I) so I intentionally reserved some strong songs from each of us for this album to try to shift the balance a bit in Mike's favor and to complement his heavier songs.