Any Marillion fans out there?

Relayer2112

I love Marillion and would love to see them in Montreal at some point. Instantly was a fan of Steve's voice although it's taking me a while to get through the entire discography. It's relaxed. I like Fish era as well, my personal favourite of the albums being, unsurprisingly, Fugazi.

I'm not sure I could listen to really old things like Grendel and Market Square Heroes.

I love those two, that original EP was fantastic and the version of Market Square Heroes is stellar.

• Like 1

I don't like H's nasal whine.

I like the second half of FEAR the first half is just a drag.

HAHAHA!!

Amazing! We agree yet again!

I'm friends with all the Enchant guys and they always ripped FISH for being too nasal.

I said, "Really? You guys think that FISH is too nasal?? Fuckking hilarious man! HOG WART IS MORE NASAL THAT DARTH FUKKING VADER!"

FISH RULES!!!!!!

H FANS ARE IPHONE ZOMBIES!!!!! MILLENNIALS!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I love Marillion and would love to see them in Montreal at some point. Instantly was a fan of Steve's voice although it's taking me a while to get through the entire discography. It's relaxed. I like Fish era as well, my personal favourite of the albums being, unsurprisingly, Fugazi.

I'm not sure I could listen to really old things like Grendel and Market Square Heroes.

I love those two, that original EP was fantastic and the version of Market Square Heroes is stellar.

I love all FISH MARILLION!

Each album is perfect.

Come on man.

"The Web" is one of the greatest songs ever made!!!!

"Clutching At Straws" is my number two album in the world. Right under "Hemispheres!"

I'd like to see FISH and Captain Hogwash fight it out to the death! :madra: <<< HOG

Dude!

FISH WOULD KICK THE SHITE OUT OF HOWARTH!!!!!!!!!!

I would pay to see that man!!!

HOGWARTH is such a pretenscious little prick.

He's Neil Peart with a shittier voice with a deeper fake phobia.

FEAR!!

FUKK EARL AND RUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1

The new album is easily their best since Marbles. Can't wait to hear some of these songs live in November.

I the only albums that don't do much for me are Brave, Afraid Of Sunlight, and Less is More.

Marbles seems to be a favorite for many, but I also really like what they've done since. Somewhere Else was kind of like Signals to use the Rush analogy. It seems like there was an intent to do something completely different. Somewhere else was so low key that they never did anything special for it. They just released a regular CD and didn't to a lot of touring for it. Somewhere Else doesn't grab you like Marbles might. I don't think it was intended that way.

FEAR has really hooked me with each listen. I wasn't that impressed at first but the music reveals itself over time. The second half is really exploded for me over time. Maybe that's how it was sequenced. Haven't thought about that much.

• Like 1

The new album is easily their best since Marbles. Can't wait to hear some of these songs live in November.

I the only albums that don't do much for me are Brave, Afraid Of Sunlight, and Less is More.

Marbles seems to be a favorite for many, but I also really like what they've done since. Somewhere Else was kind of like Signals to use the Rush analogy. It seems like there was an intent to do something completely different. Somewhere else was so low key that they never did anything special for it. They just released a regular CD and didn't to a lot of touring for it. Somewhere Else doesn't grab you like Marbles might. I don't think it was intended that way.

FEAR has really hooked me with each listen. I wasn't that impressed at first but the music reveals itself over time. The second half is really exploded for me over time. Maybe that's how it was sequenced. Haven't thought about that much.

I've played it every day since I got it. It is still revealing little secrets.

Lyrically, their best. And musically, swathes of Floyd, traces of Sigur Ros, and Rothery channelling some of his 80's sounds too. Stunning.

I have to sit with this and the headphones. It's a f***ing terrible disc for the car. :D

I had no trouble with it being in the car. It was in all week except I finally pulled it out for the drive home on Friday.

It didn't seem to be a a Friday drive home kind of album so I put Vapor Trails in instead. I imagine it's going to be a while before I can force myself to take Vapor Trails out too.

I appreciate Marillion, but I need to get more into them. The band is great. :D

I like many songs since the very beggining until nowadays.

Fish is an excellent artist, he's complete.

To me, the band sound more sensitive than technical.

I like Steve's voice, but I belive there's huge difference between him, the one who sings, writes and interprets and a complete artist who does all these and is connected with a real performance, like an actor.

Fish also seems connected to Visual Arts and these features earn him more credits.

I listened a lot of their recent stuff and the tracks avaiable on official sites and channels. Their last album *does fit beyond what fans would expect.*

In fact, a great talented band.

Impressing.

F.E.A.R. actually put me to sleep.

I'm actually in love with this record. I'm a hypocrite!!!

Seeing them on Friday night!!!

I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Only hoping H just sings and doesn't open his f***ing trap about the current political landscape of doom!!

I'd like to see FISH and Captain Hogwash fight it out to the death! :madra: <<< HOG

HAHAHA!!!

FISH would kick that little poser's arsehole!

Hey Duck!

I'm going backstage on Friday nite to hang with the band. I have a buddy who is best friend with Rothery. I've met Steven many times.

If I bump into H I will tell him to his face that Fish would kick his fuckking ass. Fish would break his "Splintering Heart!"

Can't wait for FRIDAY!!!!!!

• Like 1

F.E.A.R. actually put me to sleep.

Brave is my quick cure for insomnia. That's the Marillion album that puts me to sleep.

Your timing is impeccable.

I put on "Brave" last night.

Man, I almost fell asleep.

Overrated record.

Ironically I love the pop infused "Holidays In Eden" lp.

I love "Season's End" too.

That's about it.

"Marbles" good.

f**k EVERYTNING AND RUN IS GREAT!

Minus the H.