Awkwaaarrd. . . .

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#41 WorkingAllTheTime

WorkingAllTheTime

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 2018 posts
  • Interests:Writing code for the priests of Syrinx.

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:40 PM

It seems lately sex dreams are the only action I get.  Seriously, I am at a point where I purposefully leave something in my pocket to get a TSA pat down when I am flying....

:facepalm:

Sponsored Post

#42 Babycat

Babycat

Party Animal

• Members *
  • 79247 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:19 AM

I never get any dreams like that! I'm fairly sure that no one's ever had any about me, either..!

:P

#43 Janie

Janie

Rush Caption Queen

• Members *
  • 16549 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:17 AM

I wish I could have some naughty dreams about certain people. The things I would let Robert Downey Jr do. The wonderful, wonderful things.

#44 The Analog Grownup

The Analog Grownup

The Dane of the Culinary Arts

• Members *
  • 6125 posts
  • Interests:Slay the dragon, grab the gold, get the girl.

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:15 AM

View PostJanie, on 03 November 2014 - 02:52 PM, said:

View PostMara, on 03 November 2014 - 09:13 AM, said:

View Posttroutman, on 03 November 2014 - 06:12 AM, said:

View PostMara, on 02 November 2014 - 07:22 PM, said:

Had a rather vivid sex dream about my supervisor last night.  OK, yes, he's hot, and sweet, and funny as hell.  The other woman in my department and I often giggle about it - "dammit, A, STOP BEING SO SEXY!"  He's a married father of 3 (and I am a happily married pet owner), around my age, and there is absolutely no flirting going on between anyone.  But we're all very laid back about everything in my department - no one worries about "inappropriate" wisecracking and getting reported for it.  And we swear freely and tell off-colour jokes.

He works mostly from his home office since he lives a rather long way from the home base and he does a fair amount of traveling.  But he texted me earlier today to let me know he's coming in tomorrow to work on some prep for an upcoming conference call on one of my projects; I know the jurisdiction and the officials there, but he's taking over at the point where someone has to go appear at the board hearing (I hate that kind of shit and he's good at it).

So yikes - in light of last night's dream - it's going to be weird to look him in the eye.

Why would it be weird?

It's just a dream. Unless you have other intentions. :P

You've never dreamed about having raunchy sex with someone not your significant other?  And then had to interact with them shortly thereafter?  
I think everyone does this. It's totally normal and healthy. It's fun to think about getting all down and dirty with someone else. It's only thinking about it, not acting on it. Man the things I have had Lifeson doing. Or some of you TRF people. Or my friends. Or that really cute barista at Starbucks. Or that guy who works at my local grocery store.

And I bet all the males of TRF are now scratching their head and wondering :P

#45 The Analog Grownup

The Analog Grownup

The Dane of the Culinary Arts

• Members *
  • 6125 posts
  • Interests:Slay the dragon, grab the gold, get the girl.

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:17 AM

The only saucy dreams I get are with ex girlfriends which is not that fun again. I've had them and I'd rather fantasize about someone I haven't been with.

#46 Babycat

Babycat

Party Animal

• Members *
  • 79247 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:20 AM

View PostJanie, on 05 November 2014 - 10:17 AM, said:

I wish I could have some naughty dreams about certain people. The things I would let Robert Downey Jr do. The wonderful, wonderful things.

Hot Damn! Dress him up as a certain Victorian detective and let me..!  *ahem*   :blush:

#47 troutman

troutman

My views are fishy

• Members *
  • 44549 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 01:19 PM

View PostBabycat, on 05 November 2014 - 11:20 AM, said:

Hot Damn! Dress him up as a certain Victorian detective and let me..!  *ahem*   :blush:

Such silly girls! :D

#48 Janie

Janie

Rush Caption Queen

• Members *
  • 16549 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 02:49 PM

View PostThe Analog Grownup, on 05 November 2014 - 11:15 AM, said:

View PostJanie, on 03 November 2014 - 02:52 PM, said:

View PostMara, on 03 November 2014 - 09:13 AM, said:

View Posttroutman, on 03 November 2014 - 06:12 AM, said:

View PostMara, on 02 November 2014 - 07:22 PM, said:

Had a rather vivid sex dream about my supervisor last night.  OK, yes, he's hot, and sweet, and funny as hell.  The other woman in my department and I often giggle about it - "dammit, A, STOP BEING SO SEXY!"  He's a married father of 3 (and I am a happily married pet owner), around my age, and there is absolutely no flirting going on between anyone.  But we're all very laid back about everything in my department - no one worries about "inappropriate" wisecracking and getting reported for it.  And we swear freely and tell off-colour jokes.

He works mostly from his home office since he lives a rather long way from the home base and he does a fair amount of traveling.  But he texted me earlier today to let me know he's coming in tomorrow to work on some prep for an upcoming conference call on one of my projects; I know the jurisdiction and the officials there, but he's taking over at the point where someone has to go appear at the board hearing (I hate that kind of shit and he's good at it).

So yikes - in light of last night's dream - it's going to be weird to look him in the eye.

Why would it be weird?

It's just a dream. Unless you have other intentions. :P

You've never dreamed about having raunchy sex with someone not your significant other?  And then had to interact with them shortly thereafter?  
I think everyone does this. It's totally normal and healthy. It's fun to think about getting all down and dirty with someone else. It's only thinking about it, not acting on it. Man the things I have had Lifeson doing. Or some of you TRF people. Or my friends. Or that really cute barista at Starbucks. Or that guy who works at my local grocery store.

And I bet all the males of TRF are now scratching their head and wondering :P
I never realized how appropriate my avatar was until just now.

#49 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 83475 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 03:28 PM

I never have dreams like this because I suppose my daytime fantasy life I so vivid. :hail:

#50 anima

anima

The Seeker

• Members *
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Rush, lots and lots of books, sixteenth century music (seriously), cycling

Posted 24 November 2014 - 05:27 PM

Less fun but just as awkward: has anyone else dreamt about having a blazing row with someone they know well, and then the next time you see them you still remember the things they said in your dream, and you keep having to remind yourself that they didn't actually say them...

#51 Narps

Narps

Official TRF Pace Car Driver

• Members
  • 27720 posts
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 24 November 2014 - 05:33 PM

View Postanima, on 24 November 2014 - 05:27 PM, said:

Less fun but just as awkward: has anyone else dreamt about having a blazing row with someone they know well, and then the next time you see them you still remember the things they said in your dream, and you keep having to remind yourself that they didn't actually say them...
Is a "blazing row" what I think it is?.... ;)

#52 GeddysMullet

GeddysMullet

Non-Binary

• Members
  • 5293 posts
  • Interests:music, books, documentary films, parrots, long hair, big noses

Posted 24 November 2014 - 05:44 PM

View PostNarpski, on 24 November 2014 - 05:33 PM, said:

A blazing row is a big fight :yes:

#53 Narps

Narps

• Members
  • 27720 posts
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 24 November 2014 - 05:47 PM

View PostGeddysMullet, on 24 November 2014 - 05:44 PM, said:

Thanks. I had never heard that one.... :)

#54 Aikenrooster

Aikenrooster

Freightdreamliner

• Members *
  • 8725 posts
  • Interests:Empathy.

Posted 06 December 2014 - 08:59 PM

View PostNarpski, on 24 November 2014 - 05:47 PM, said:

View PostGeddysMullet, on 24 November 2014 - 05:44 PM, said:

Thanks. I had never heard that one.... :)
I didn't think it meant that either, based on context.  Lol

#55 Mara

Mara

Hindu Goddess of Death

• Members *
  • 25526 posts
  • Interests:Reading (historical fiction, Cold War political intrigue esp). Playing with my dogs, hiking, working out like a maniac. Thoroughbred racing.

Posted 07 December 2014 - 02:20 AM

A few years back I dreamed I got caught web-surfing by the Big Kahuna of the company I work for.  We were ALL web-surfing a lot during that time as it was a particularly slow period in the industry.  Anyway, in my dream he was behind me looking over my shoulder as I was perusing a non-work-related website.  I didn't know he was there until his voice boomed out, "Oh, so THIS is what I pay you for?!?!?!?"

I swear I felt guilty about it every time I saw him for the next month.

#56 Maverick

Maverick

SWEDGIN!

• Members *
  • 24277 posts
  • Interests:Painfully Geeky

Posted 07 December 2014 - 10:11 AM

View PostMara, on 07 December 2014 - 02:20 AM, said:

A few years back I dreamed I got caught web-surfing by the Big Kahuna of the company I work for.  We were ALL web-surfing a lot during that time as it was a particularly slow period in the industry.  Anyway, in my dream he was behind me looking over my shoulder as I was perusing a non-work-related website.  I didn't know he was there until his voice boomed out, "Oh, so THIS is what I pay you for?!?!?!?"

But did you have sex with him?

#57 Babycat

Babycat

Party Animal

• Members *
  • 79247 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 11:42 AM

View Posttroutman, on 05 November 2014 - 01:19 PM, said:

View PostBabycat, on 05 November 2014 - 11:20 AM, said:

Such silly girls! :D

:lol:

#58 Mara

Mara

Hindu Goddess of Death

• Members *
  • 25526 posts
  • Interests:Reading (historical fiction, Cold War political intrigue esp). Playing with my dogs, hiking, working out like a maniac. Thoroughbred racing.

Posted 07 December 2014 - 05:38 PM

View PostDr. Sheldon Cooper, on 07 December 2014 - 10:11 AM, said:

View PostMara, on 07 December 2014 - 02:20 AM, said:

But did you have sex with him?

GOOD GOD NO!!!!  Don't get me wrong, he's a good guy (if a little bit on the loud and opinionated side), but, um, not the kind of person I'd knock socks with.  For  one thing, he'd flatten me.  Also he has a mustache. Never.

#59 ThatLightInYourEyes

ThatLightInYourEyes

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1596 posts
  • Location:"Underwater by the end of this century!" rave the climatologists.
  • Interests:Trying. Just trying.

Posted 07 December 2014 - 10:12 PM

Ugh, why am I always the one with the sex nightmares instead?? I really need to change my world view. :facepalm:

#60 Narps

Narps

• Members
  • 27720 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 11:03 PM

View PostThatLightInYourEyes, on 07 December 2014 - 10:12 PM, said:

Ugh, why am I always the one with the sex nightmares instead?? I really need to change my world view. :facepalm:
I would take "sex" anything at this point. I am invisible to women when sleeping too it appears....

Edited by Narpski, 07 December 2014 - 11:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users