Billy Idol's "Kings And Queens Of The Underground" Deserves A WHIPLASH SMILE! A++++++++

RUSHHEAD666

I just picked up the new Billy Idol. I am only on track 7. This album is a BLAST FROM THE PAST!! Billy's voice is amazing. Steve's guitar work is melodic and BRILLIANT! STEVE STEVENS IS ONE OF THE BEST GUITAR PLAYERS IN THE WORLD!!!!!

Hell I love this album so much I just bought floor tickets to see him in Oakland! I can't wait! It's on my birthday! February 15th and Wendy is going with me!!!!! So happy!!!

I've been a huge Billy Idol fan going back to the Generation X stuff which is also great!

Billy and Steve together make the chemistry that creates this awesome fuckking music!!

Even though "Whiplash Smilie" had a lot of electronic percussion I still loved it!

This is obviously one of those albums you spin for the first time in your life and you feel like you've heard it already.

Production is crystal clear. GO GET IT!

"Blue Highway" is one of Billy's best tunes! HE RULES!!!

REBEL YELL! HEAVEN AND HELL!

• Like 4

I have the album! It's good. I would have liked Steve Stevens to be a bit more unleashed but what he does do is excellent. Trevor Horn is the producer and plays most of the bass guitar! :guitar:

Glad to see you and Wendy aren't completely at odds Earl.

:cheers:

• Like 2

I have the album! It's good. I would have liked Steve Stevens to be a bit more unleashed but what he does do is excellent. Trevor Horn is the producer and plays most of the bass guitar! :guitar:

Thank you my good friend!! I hope things get better!

I agree with you on Steve. I love his style!! Dude!! Steve tears it up on "Whiskey And Pills!"

Horn is GREAT!

• Like 1

Billy Idol was a childhood hero of mine in the 80s. Considering getting his new autobiography on iTunes soon.

I was just on Billy's website and I read a little intro by Billy himself about the book. It's a must read! I'm going to get it myself!

I actually have a good friend of mine who was hanging out at a bar in San Francisco circa 1985.

He was just hanging out by himself at the bar and this fuckking crazy guy comes walking in and sits next to him. It was Billy Idol!

They started talking and drinking. Next thing you know they both went out to my buddy's car and they snorted lines all night long!!

Typical Billy Idol story for back then!

"On the Blue Highway................................."

He rules.

Although that "Cyber" album is complete shite!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

I agree with you on Steve. I love his style!! Dude!! Steve tears it up on "Whiskey And Pills!"

Horn is GREAT!

Horn is GREAT!

My favourite album featuring Steve Stevens is Vince Neil's Exposed album, he goes apeshit on there, plays like a mad glam metal virtuoso, which he is!

:haz:

It's a pity Vince Neil turned into Vince Meal the human donut or they could do a sequel! :smoke:

Horn is GREAT!

Horn is GREAT!

My favourite album featuring Steve Stevens is Vince Neil's Exposed album, he goes apeshit on there, plays like a mad glam metal virtuoso, which he is!

It's a pity Vince Neil turned into Vince Meal the human donut or they could do a sequel! :smoke:

HAHAHAHAHAHA! "VINCE MEAL!" Killing me!!!

"Exposed" fuckking ROCKS!!!!!! I love it too! Steve's last solo album was so-so!!

Horn is GREAT!

Horn is GREAT!

"Exposed" fuckking ROCKS!!!!!! I love it too! Steve's last solo album was so-so!!

It wasn't bad, I think he tried to go in too many directions but there's still plenty of killer songs on there.

Did you get the Rock Candy version of Atomic Playboys? That's a cool album. :NP: :guitar:

Horn is GREAT!

Horn is GREAT!

It wasn't bad, I think he tried to go in too many directions but there's still plenty of killer songs on there.

Did you get the Rock Candy version of Atomic Playboys? That's a cool album. :NP: :guitar:

As usual I agree. Yes! I have Rock Candy and Japanese pressing. Excellent album!

• Like 1

Horn is GREAT!

Horn is GREAT!

As usual I agree. Yes! I have Rock Candy and Japanese pressing. Excellent album!

Aye!

:haz: :haz: :haz:

Horn is GREAT!

Horn is GREAT!

Aye!

AYE!

Did you ever get the last Allan Holdsworth album? It's excellent!

Horn is GREAT!

Horn is GREAT!

Aye!

AYE!

The last one?? Which one Earl? Holdsworth is about 15 years overdue with a new album!

Great topic!

"Kings and Queens of the Underground" is such an enjoyable and welcomed return of Billy & Steve!

I am also half way through his autobiography and really think it is very well written.

I am seeing Billy Idol at Beacon Theatre in NYC in January.

I was excited enough, but this album makes me look forward to the upcoming gig even more.

• Like 2

Horn is GREAT!

Horn is GREAT!

Aye!

AYE!

The last one?? Which one Earl? Holdsworth is about 15 years overdue with a new album!

Dude! It's called "Wardenclyffe Tower! Excellent! Wackerman and Colaiuta on drums!

Great topic!

"Kings and Queens of the Underground" is such an enjoyable and welcomed return of Billy & Steve!

I am also half way through his autobiography and really think it is very well written.

I am seeing Billy Idol at Beacon Theatre in NYC in January.

I was excited enough, but this album makes me look forward to the upcoming gig even more.

I totally agree with you!! I am really pumped for this show! It's in Oakland at The Fox! An incredible place to see a show!! It's on my birthday too!

I need to get that book!

Horn is GREAT!

Horn is GREAT!

Aye!

AYE!

Dude! It's called "Wardenclyffe Tower! Excellent! Wackerman and Colaiuta on drums!

That's not the last one Earl, what about Hard Hat Area, and the Sixteen Men of Tain: