Winter 2014-2015

Aikenrooster

We finally got some snow in Tahoe this weekend. About a foot, which is better than nothing. Snowpack is around 20% of normal...which means more drought for California.

It's supposed to be back to the 60's for highs this week. :sundog:

We finally got some snow in Tahoe this weekend. About a foot, which is better than nothing. Snowpack is around 20% of normal...which means more drought for California.

It's supposed to be back to the 60's for highs this week. :sundog:

Time to dust off the sticks. Woohoo!!... :)
  • Like 1

2014-2015 was the Seattle Winter that wasn't.

It has been so nice and mellow. Makes me wonder what kind of summer we're going to have.

From a weather perspective when is the best time to visit Seattle?

July/August. If you like sun and warmth. The sun comes out during those months. Unless you want to experience a true "Seattle" day, then, come anytime between Sept-June because it's pretty much Spring during those months.

Fall can sometimes be extra cold and rainy (Oct/Nov). September is very pleasant here, IMO. But July and August will have the most events to go to.

Tell me what kinds of things you have in mind?! I love this city and enjoy offering recommendations. :)

Edited by Janie

July/August. If you like sun and warmth. The sun comes out during those months. Unless you want to experience a true "Seattle" day, then, come anytime between Sept-June because it's pretty much Spring during those months.

Fall can sometimes be extra cold and rainy (Oct/Nov). September is very pleasant here, IMO. But July and August will have the most events to go to.

Tell me what kinds of things you have in mind?! I love this city and enjoy offering recommendations. :)

I remember having December freezing rain fairly frequently...snapping power lines. Also, a lot of flooding on the Olympic peninsula. Seattle is much milder of course...in Shelton we got 60+ inches of rain a year.

Dark and sad...

Bought 15 bags of black mulch today at only 1.80 (normally about 3.33) a bag. Gonna get a start mulching the beds tomorrow. Get the front done and prettied up anyway in prep for the spring perennials and grass green up. I try to do a bit at a time when the mulch is on sale (Wal Mart, Lowes etc). My house requires between 80 - 100 bags. Supposed to be around 60 tomorrow and possibly 70 by Wednesday.... :D

I'm jealous, but I don't envy your summer weather. We've had around 4-5 inches of snow today and it's still coming down. Haven't seen the grass in two months.

The summers here as far as heat goes are way overrated. August in DC was way more opressive with heat and humidity than it ever is here. The summer may start a bit sooner and end a bit later but those are the wonderful parts. April, May, September and October are typically awesome months...

But don't you have Fire Ants? :)

No more than anyone else does that I am aware of. Been here 15 years and have never encountered any... :huh:

I meant down south. We don't have them here. Every time I've been down south I've either stepped in some, or seen them.

I wouldn't recommend stepping in them... :scared: :LOL:

Especially not in sandals, which is usually my luck. :LOL:

July/August. If you like sun and warmth. The sun comes out during those months.

July/August sounds good for a first visit. We'll want to do some tourist stuff, space needle, sci-fi museum but also walk around a lot, eat more like locals avoiding chains/franchises. We haven't given it a lot of thought yet, we'll also explore outside the city.

July/August sounds good for a first visit. We'll want to do some tourist stuff, space needle, sci-fi museum but also walk around a lot, eat more like locals avoiding chains/franchises. We haven't given it a lot of thought yet, we'll also explore outside the city.

PM me if you want as you're planning your vacation. I can offer some suggestions. It's always nice to visit a city and have a good mix of touristy stuff but also get a real feel for the city that only the locals can give you. :)

• Like 1

PM me if you want as you're planning your vacation. I can offer some suggestions. It's always nice to visit a city and have a good mix of touristy stuff but also get a real feel for the city that only the locals can give you. :)

Will Pete Carroll be the tour guide? :huh: :P

Nope. Tour guide duties go to Mike Holmgren and Jay Buhner. Funny man. :P

Nope. Tour guide duties go to Mike Holmgren and Jay Buhner. Funny man. :P

:D :cool: