Questions about R40 Bonus DVD

GeddyLee

Here's the short(ish) version:

Anyone who buys the boxed set whether on blu-ray or DVD from either Best Buy or the Backstage Club will get ALL the material that is being made available in this release. The "Completist" disc that comes with DVD box will have a different track list from the "Completist" disc that comes with the blu-ray set, but the overall video contents of each box will be identical. The three extra songs from Molson will not be on ANY set purchased elsewhere.

The set on blu-ray purchased from anywhere other than Best Buy or the Backstage Club will be missing the three extra songs from Molson and the bonus material that originally appeared on the R30 DVD but not the R30 blu ray. The overall content included in the blu-ray box will be identical to the overall content included in the DVD box.

The set on DVD purchased from anywhere other than Best Buy or the Backstage Club will be missing the three extra songs from Molson and the eight songs from R30 that originally appeared on the R30 blu-ray but not the R30 DVD. The overall content included in the DVD box will be identical to the overall content included in the blu-ray box.

To restate the salient point: The three extra songs from Molson are available only from Best Buy and the Backstage Club, and are the only previously unavailable content exclusive to the sets purchased from those outlets. Aside from that, everyone gets the same thing regardless of where they purchase and whether they purchase DVD or blu-ray.

I brought this up in another thread. If the Best Buy set is identical to what is being sold at the Backstage Club, then this Best Buy link is misleading. In the upper left, it states, "...previously unreleased content, available only at Best Buy." It would be available at the Backstage Club as well.

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat345300050007

You're right, the Best Buy link is misleading. I phoned the Backstage Club and was told that the Best Buy sets are identical to the Backstage Club sets.

I don't think most people think of self-distribution as a competitive retailer. I'm sure they didn't list ebay as another place to buy the exclusive content.

My issue with Best Buy is that I still don't know which listing refers to what, and why they have 2 blu-ray entries at different prices with different descriptions.

Here's the short(ish) version:

Anyone who buys the boxed set whether on blu-ray or DVD from either Best Buy or the Backstage Club will get ALL the material that is being made available in this release. The "Completist" disc that comes with DVD box will have a different track list from the "Completist" disc that comes with the blu-ray set, but the overall video contents of each box will be identical. The three extra songs from Molson will not be on ANY set purchased elsewhere.

The set on blu-ray purchased from anywhere other than Best Buy or the Backstage Club will be missing the three extra songs from Molson and the bonus material that originally appeared on the R30 DVD but not the R30 blu ray. The overall content included in the blu-ray box will be identical to the overall content included in the DVD box.

The set on DVD purchased from anywhere other than Best Buy or the Backstage Club will be missing the three extra songs from Molson and the eight songs from R30 that originally appeared on the R30 blu-ray but not the R30 DVD. The overall content included in the DVD box will be identical to the overall content included in the blu-ray box.

To restate the salient point: The three extra songs from Molson are available only from Best Buy and the Backstage Club, and are the only previously unavailable content exclusive to the sets purchased from those outlets. Aside from that, everyone gets the same thing regardless of where they purchase and whether they purchase DVD or blu-ray.

I brought this up in another thread. If the Best Buy set is identical to what is being sold at the Backstage Club, then this Best Buy link is misleading. In the upper left, it states, "...previously unreleased content, available only at Best Buy." It would be available at the Backstage Club as well.

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat345300050007

You're right, the Best Buy link is misleading. I phoned the Backstage Club and was told that the Best Buy sets are identical to the Backstage Club sets.

Thanks for all the effort you put into this. I had a fear that the extra songs on one might be different than the extra songs on the the other.

Here's another question - maybe a dumb question, but I do ask dumb questions sometimes: will these be available at Best Buys in both Canada and the U.S.?

Since so many are agaisnt this release, i wonder how many will be lined up at best buy in the morning?

I hadn't planned on it, but the damage control measure of including Resist and Natural Science was enough get me on board.

Ray Danniels does it again.

• Like 2

Since so many are agaisnt this release, i wonder how many will be lined up at best buy in the morning?

I hadn't planned on it, but the damage control measure of including Resist and Natural Science was enough get me on board.

I'm still not planning on getting it on release day, but those additional Molson songs is making me slowly cave into wanting it.

I'm still not planning on getting it on release day, but those additional Molson songs is making me slowly cave into wanting it.

I walked in to Best Buy Monday (I think for the first time since ReplayX3 came out) spent about 5 minutes staring at it before I bought it.

I wasn't going to do it, but after watching the 6/30/97 Molson show again I thought the added perspective of Half The World, Resist, Leave That Thing Alone and Natural Science was a very good thing so It had to be done.

Having the Hall of Fame induction ceremony and the two unreleased tracks on it didn't hurt either.

I walked in to Best Buy Monday (I think for the first time since ReplayX3 came out) spent about 5 minutes staring at it before I bought it.

I wasn't going to do it, but after watching the 6/30/97 Molson show again I thought the added perspective of Half The World, Resist, Leave That Thing Alone and Natural Science was a very good thing so It had to be done.

Having the Hall of Fame induction ceremony and the two unreleased tracks on it didn't hurt either.

It has the Hall of Fame induction ceremony on it?

Yes it has. Both the speeches and the live performances

Yes it has. Both the speeches and the live performances

This is all on the one that is now available at Best Buy for $99? If so, I may just nix the idea of seeing them in concert and get this instead.

Any answers to my questions above?

from the rush backstage club website :

*NOTE: The Rush Backstage Club version of this release contains an EXTRA bonus DVD called "R40 Completist" This DVD contains:

Interviews:

1979 Ivor Wynne Stadium, Hamilton

1981 Le Studio, Quebec

1990 Artist of the Decade

1994 Juno Hall of Fame Induction

2002 Vapor Trails Tour

The Anthem Vault:

Anthem (Castle Session, 1975)

Fly By Night (Castle Session, 1975)

Finding My Way (mpeg1 from Rock Concert)

In The Mood (mpeg1 from Rock Concert)

Circumstances

La Villa Strangiato

A Farewell To Kings

Xandu

The Spirit of Radio

(Soundcheck, 1979 Ivor Wynne Stadium)

Freewill (Toronto Rocks, 2003)

Wow they could have at least put the CTTH video from DS with the edits from the 1st four live shows that were released!

Any answers to my questions above?

from the rush backstage club website :

*NOTE: The Rush Backstage Club version of this release contains an EXTRA bonus DVD called "R40 Completist" This DVD contains:

Interviews:

1979 Ivor Wynne Stadium, Hamilton

1981 Le Studio, Quebec

1990 Artist of the Decade

1994 Juno Hall of Fame Induction

2002 Vapor Trails Tour

The Anthem Vault:

Anthem (Castle Session, 1975)

Fly By Night (Castle Session, 1975)

Finding My Way (mpeg1 from Rock Concert)

In The Mood (mpeg1 from Rock Concert)

Circumstances

La Villa Strangiato

A Farewell To Kings

Xandu

The Spirit of Radio

(Soundcheck, 1979 Ivor Wynne Stadium)

Freewill (Toronto Rocks, 2003)

I don't see any of this on my disc.

Only thing there is R30 songs (which are already on the R30 disc).

Anthem 1975

3 more tracks from Molson '97

:wtf:

My Blu ray arrived with an extra DVD, but t only had the few bits as described above by nappy 2112.

I mailed Showtech and they confirmed that I should have received the version with "blue writing" rather than red. they are sending me a replacement.

Cheers

My Blu ray arrived with an extra DVD, but t only had the few bits as described above by nappy 2112.

I mailed Showtech and they confirmed that I should have received the version with "blue writing" rather than red. they are sending me a replacement.

Cheers

Thanks , I sent them an email.