Questions about R40 Bonus DVD

GeddyLee

So I got a question about this R40 Box Set and was wondering if someone here could help me!

On this site, if you scroll down: http://www.rushbackstage.com/rushbackstage/media-260/dvd-and-video/blu-ray-rush-40th-anniversary-collectors-box-set.html

There it says: **NOTE: The Rush Backstage Club version of this release contains an EXTRA bonus DVD called "R40 Completist" This DVD contains:

So how do I get this bonus DVD? Do I get it if I buy it from Rush store, or do I have to do something special to get it? Sorry if Im stupid, but its confusing me...

Another question is, someone that know if this is the same Bonus DVD that BestBuy sell?

Thanks! :)

Edited by GeddyLee

If this is true this is messed up. I ordered from Amazon 2 months ago

Someone else brought this up too. I don't understand why that's an issue. You can cancel a pre-order, you're not obligated to buy it.

Canceling a Preorder on Amazon

As with any Amazon order, you can cancel a preorder as long as you cancel before it enters the shipping process. Just go into your account, locate the order, click on "Cancel Items" and follow the process. Once Amazon starts preparing items for shipping, you may not have the option to cancel. In this instance, if you really don't want the item, you'll need to refuse the package on delivery or return it.

Edited by savagegrace26

it is a big deal it is Like $25.00 + $5.99 s/h more from the Backstage club plus the wait time. I order from Amazon for a reason like everyone else because it is cheaper and faster

it is a big deal it is Like $25.00 + $5.99 s/h more from the Backstage club plus the wait time. I order from Amazon for a reason like everyone else because it is cheaper and faster

Email Backstage and ask for a price match and free shipping...

I emailed backstage a few minutes ago asking if Amazon get a second bonus disc as stated on their

website. If Amazon doesn't get the bonus bonus disc this will be the first time Im mad at all the

reissues etc

I emailed backstage a few minutes ago asking if Amazon get a second bonus disc as stated on their

website. If Amazon doesn't get the bonus bonus disc this will be the first time Im mad at all the

reissues etc

Let me know when you get the answer please!

Here is what I got back from the Rush Backstage club this am. Guess I will cancel my Amazon order and price match at Best Buy!!

Thanks for your email.

We can confirm that only ourselves and Best Buy carry the set with the bonus disk.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Yours,

--

Customer Service Team

Showtech Merchandising Inc.

www.showtech.com

I don't understand how to even buy the thing at Best Buy:

Is it this: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/r40-blu-ray-disc-only--best-buy/9405126.p;jsessionid=81ACF42D1B652B2FDDB7F1CA5EE500AA.bbolsp-app02-113?id=3301008&skuId=9405126&st=rush%20r40&lp=1&cp=1

Or this: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/r40-blu-ray-disc-boxed-set/9493243.p?id=3302785&skuId=9493243

The first one is cheaper, but says "only at Best Buy". The second is a boxed set, but how could the first not be a boxed set? I don't get it.

I don't understand how to even buy the thing at Best Buy:

Is it this: http://www.bestbuy.c...h r40&lp=1&cp=1

Or this: http://www.bestbuy.c...5&skuId=9493243

The first one is cheaper, but says "only at Best Buy". The second is a boxed set, but how could the first not be a boxed set? I don't get it.

To make it more confusing, on the list of music exclusives, if you click on the link to the boxed set, it takes you to the page which doesn't describe the disc as a boxed set.

Any answers to my questions above?

from the rush backstage club website :

*NOTE: The Rush Backstage Club version of this release contains an EXTRA bonus DVD called "R40 Completist" This DVD contains:

Interviews:

1979 Ivor Wynne Stadium, Hamilton

1981 Le Studio, Quebec

1990 Artist of the Decade

1994 Juno Hall of Fame Induction

2002 Vapor Trails Tour

The Anthem Vault:

Anthem (Castle Session, 1975)

Fly By Night (Castle Session, 1975)

Finding My Way (mpeg1 from Rock Concert)

In The Mood (mpeg1 from Rock Concert)

Circumstances

La Villa Strangiato

A Farewell To Kings

Xandu

The Spirit of Radio

(Soundcheck, 1979 Ivor Wynne Stadium)

Freewill (Toronto Rocks, 2003)

Any answers to my questions above?

from the rush backstage club website :

*NOTE: The Rush Backstage Club version of this release contains an EXTRA bonus DVD called "R40 Completist" This DVD contains:

Interviews:

1979 Ivor Wynne Stadium, Hamilton

1981 Le Studio, Quebec

1990 Artist of the Decade

1994 Juno Hall of Fame Induction

2002 Vapor Trails Tour

The Anthem Vault:

Anthem (Castle Session, 1975)

Fly By Night (Castle Session, 1975)

Finding My Way (mpeg1 from Rock Concert)

In The Mood (mpeg1 from Rock Concert)

Circumstances

La Villa Strangiato

A Farewell To Kings

Xandu

The Spirit of Radio

(Soundcheck, 1979 Ivor Wynne Stadium)

Freewill (Toronto Rocks, 2003)

Was that supposed to tell me why there are different blu ray prices for seemingly the same product at Best Buy?

Here's the short(ish) version:

Anyone who buys the boxed set whether on blu-ray or DVD from either Best Buy or the Backstage Club will get ALL the material that is being made available in this release. The "Completist" disc that comes with DVD box will have a different track list from the "Completist" disc that comes with the blu-ray set, but the overall video contents of each box will be identical. The three extra songs from Molson will not be on ANY set purchased elsewhere.

The set on blu-ray purchased from anywhere other than Best Buy or the Backstage Club will be missing the three extra songs from Molson and the bonus material that originally appeared on the R30 DVD but not the R30 blu ray. The overall content included in the blu-ray box will be identical to the overall content included in the DVD box.

The set on DVD purchased from anywhere other than Best Buy or the Backstage Club will be missing the three extra songs from Molson and the eight songs from R30 that originally appeared on the R30 blu-ray but not the R30 DVD. The overall content included in the DVD box will be identical to the overall content included in the blu-ray box.

To restate the salient point: The three extra songs from Molson are available only from Best Buy and the Backstage Club, and are the only previously unavailable content exclusive to the sets purchased from those outlets. Aside from that, everyone gets the same thing regardless of where they purchase and whether they purchase DVD or blu-ray.

Edited by GeddysMullet
  • Like 2

so i will be at best buy on tuesday morning.. iam really shocked they havent at least put out at least one song from the molson show on the internet yet.. Last year you could get the whole clockwork angles dvd in various locations before it hit the street.. Edited by nicky6

Anyone who buys the boxed set whether on blu-ray or DVD from either Best Buy or the Backstage Club will get ALL the material that is being made available in this release. The "Completist" disc that comes with DVD box will have a different track list from the "Completist" disc that comes with the blu-ray set, but the overall video contents of each box will be identical. The three extra songs from Molson will not be on ANY set purchased elsewhere.

The set on blu-ray purchased from anywhere other than Best Buy or the Backstage Club will be missing the three extra songs from Molson and the bonus material that originally appeared on the R30 DVD but not the R30 blu ray. The overall content included in the blu-ray box will be identical to the overall content included in the DVD box.

The set on DVD purchased from anywhere other than Best Buy or the Backstage Club will be missing the three extra songs from Molson and the eight songs from R30 that originally appeared on the R30 blu-ray but not the R30 DVD. The overall content included in the DVD box will be identical to the overall content included in the blu-ray box.

To restate the salient point: The three extra songs from Molson are available only from Best Buy and the Backstage Club, and are the only previously unavailable content exclusive to the sets purchased from those outlets. Aside from that, everyone gets the same thing regardless of where they purchase and whether they purchase DVD or blu-ray.

Thank you! Finally someone that explained it in a good way!

I brought this up in another thread. If the Best Buy set is identical to what is being sold at the Backstage Club, then this Best Buy link is misleading. In the upper left, it states, "...previously unreleased content, available only at Best Buy." It would be available at the Backstage Club as well.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/null/special-offer/pcmcat345300050007.c?id=pcmcat345300050007

I brought this up in another thread. If the Best Buy set is identical to what is being sold at the Backstage Club, then this Best Buy link is misleading. In the upper left, it states, "...previously unreleased content, available only at Best Buy." It would be available at the Backstage Club as well.

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat345300050007

You're right, the Best Buy link is misleading. I phoned the Backstage Club and was told that the Best Buy sets are identical to the Backstage Club sets.