R40 Blu-ray question...

eddiescott98

Hello. I saw this today. It appears to me that if this is ordered from the Rush website, it will include the R30 DVD supplemental materials plus 3 more songs from the Molson 1997 show. Am I reading this right? Has anyone found any additional info on this?

Scroll to the bottom.

http://www.rushbackstage.com/rushbackstage/media-260/dvd-and-video/blu-ray-rush-40th-anniversary-collectors-box-set.html

That's nice. So where's the rest of the Molson show then?

So is the Best Buy version going to have three different songs? Is this their gimmick? So to get the full Molson show you're going to have to buy about 5 different "exclusive" box sets?

Edited by savagegrace26

obviously theres the whole show out there, and will be released in someway shape or form, like with the r30 dvd, with the missing 8 songs.. another cash grab coming soon! heads up Edited by nicky6
  • Like 1

obviously theres the whole show out there, and will be released in someway shape or form, like with the r30 dvd, with the missing 8 songs.. another cash grab coming soon! heads up

I was going to post something like this. The full show will be released as a stand-alone disc at some point. Maybe next summer.

cant wait to find out what the story on rush in rio on blu ray for the first time. Is it gonna just be the dvd slapped onto a blank blu ray and call it blu ray. or did they fix or change anyhting about it. Remmeber it was never shot in 16x9, so it wont fill the screen on widescreen tvs

cant wait to find out what the story on rush in rio on blu ray for the first time. Is it gonna just be the dvd slapped onto a blank blu ray and call it blu ray. or did they fix or change anyhting about it. Remmeber it was never shot in 16x9, so it wont fill the screen on widescreen tvs

This comes up again....it was indeed shot in widescreen (and mostly with HD cameras).Notice that it is letterboxed on the dvd release, that is to allow to fit on a (the old) standard 4x3 screen.

Here. Found this on this old thread.

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/51287-rush-in-rio-on-bluray/

"The decision to forego an anamorphic version was due to limitations with some of the cameras used to film the concert. The majority of the concert was filmed in a 16:9 Digibeta format but due to the sensitivity of having cameramen distracting Neil during the show, mini remote cameras were used around him that could only be recorded in a 4:3 format. The issue of anamorphic was first raised in June and we investigated the option and what it would take to convert these tapes, which once the show was fully edited comprised about 25 - 30% of the footage used, to anamorphic. Since we were already dealing with a softer image, the process necessary to achieve anamorphic for these particular tapes would have degraded the footage further and many shots of Neil would have become blurred and all these shots would have really stood out from the rest of the program. With this footage comprising so much of the show it would have been become a distraction and as such lessen the experience for the viewer. The decision was made to maintain the strongest possible quality product and deliver a great performance, in what is still the most common format, while holding onto our intended letterbox look. The decision was purely one of giving the highest quality experience to all the viewers possible." - Allan Weinrib, Executive Producer, "Rush In Rio"

Yes, some parts were shot with lower quality camera. We discussed at one point that they could scale those shots to fill a 16x9 frame or leave them as is (with pillarboxing on sides) which would definitely be disracting.

Based on that quote above keeping it the "highest quality" would mean that they would keep it as is for this release which would make it pointless to even release on Blu-Ray at this point.

Since they haven't (yet) touted RIR as being enhanced or whatever for HD maybe that just isn't going to happen.

Edited by savagegrace26

Here is what I got back from the Rush Backstage club this am. Guess I will cancel my Amazon order and price match at Best Buy!!

Thanks for your email.

We can confirm that only ourselves and Best Buy carry the set with the bonus disk.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Yours,

--

Customer Service Team

Showtech Merchandising Inc.

www.showtech.com