Stranger In A Strange Land

rushgoober

I can't be the only person out there who's read Robert Heinlein's "Stranger in a Strange Land," one of the most popular science fiction books of all time. Does anyone know why this has never been made into a film? Has Heinlein refused to let people adapt his books, even after he died? Otherwise, this book is just screaming to be made into a movie. Any thoughts?

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 1 2005, 05:09 PM)
I can't be the only person out there who's read Robert Heinlein's "Stranger in a Strange Land," one of the most popular science fiction books of all time. Does anyone know why this has never been made into a film? Has Heinlein refused to let people adapt his books, even after he died? Otherwise, this book is just screaming to be made into a movie. Any thoughts?

Just out of curiosity after reading your comments in the Goblet of Fire thread, and bearing in mind 'I Robot', do you really want this to happen?

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Aug 1 2005, 01:25 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 1 2005, 05:09 PM)
I can't be the only person out there who's read Robert Heinlein's "Stranger in a Strange Land," one of the most popular science fiction books of all time.  Does anyone know why this has never been made into a film?  Has Heinlein refused to let people adapt his books, even after he died?  Otherwise, this book is just screaming to be made into a movie.  Any thoughts?

Just out of curiosity after reading your comments in the Goblet of Fire thread, and bearing in mind 'I Robot', do you really want this to happen?

i think some books translate better than others, but this one in particular i think would translate really well IF it had the right screenwriter,director and people working on it - in the right hands, it could be something special...

Edited by rushgoober

There's a song by U2 of the same name on their "October" album. I wonder if the song is based on that book?

bumper.gif

Talking about Dune reminded me of this thread, and I'm still curious about this being made into a movie. There must be SOME reason why it never has been. After all, it's one of the VERY few handful of recognizable sci-fi titles outside of the sci-fi world.

Any chance this can be moved to the Turn The Page forum? confused13.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 24 2006, 01:48 PM)
bumper.gif

Talking about Dune reminded me of this thread, and I'm still curious about this being made into a movie. There must be SOME reason why it never has been. After all, it's one of the VERY few handful of recognizable sci-fi titles outside of the sci-fi world.

Ask and ye shall receive.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 24 2006, 09:03 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 24 2006, 01:48 PM)
bumper.gif

Talking about Dune reminded me of this thread, and I'm still curious about this being made into a movie.  There must be SOME reason why it never has been.  After all, it's one of the VERY few handful of recognizable sci-fi titles outside of the sci-fi world.

Ask and ye shall receive.

notworthy.gif

tongue.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 1 2005, 04:38 PM)
There's a song by U2 of the same name on their "October" album. I wonder if the song is based on that book?

Iron Maiden as well, from the Somewhere In Time album.

Anyway, I've read this book and hold it very high on my list of favorites. It'd make a great movie, IF like rushgoober said, it was in the right hands trink39.gif