It's "ROCK OR BUST" For AC/DC! "PLAY BALL!"

RUSHHEAD666

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT8e7i0ccLQ

Almost as bad as the Time Stand Still video. It ain't 1985 anymore, guys

I guess I will never grow up! I love the video! Although the green screen behind the band is awful.

As I was watching Angus play I noticed his hat was over his eyes. I thought he did that on purpose because of his age but then he throws his hat off and does a nice guitar solo! EXCELLENT!!!

1 - The chroma key effect on the video is done on purpose, to look "80´s-vintage". But I agree that the intended irony is not that obvious;

2 - The dude on drums is not Phil Rudd, it´s Bob Richards(ex-Shogum). He´s worked with Maiden´s Adrian Smith in his band Psycho Motel;

3 - Stevie Young seems slightly out of place on stage with the band, but musically, at least for me it works - I love Play Ball!

4 - Is it just me, or is Cliff Williams looking more and more like Camilla Parker Bowles?

• Like 1

1 - The chroma key effect on the video is done on purpose, to look "80´s-vintage". But I agree that the intended irony is not that obvious;

2 - The dude on drums is not Phil Rudd, it´s Bob Richards(ex-Shogum). He´s worked with Maiden´s Adrian Smith in his band Psycho Motel;

3 - Stevie Young seems slightly out of place on stage with the band, but musically, at least for me it works - I love Play Ball!

4 - Is it just me, or is Cliff Williams looking more and more like Camilla Parker Bowles?

Yeah I knew it wasn't Phil but I had to take a swipe at him because he's been so bloody stupid!

You have excellent metal knowledge. I love Psycho Motel!

• Like 1

Not much of a fan though Johnson's voice sounds (ahem) decent. On this cut Angus doesn't show much. However, I only listened to half of it before I decided to devote more time to (fill in the blank).

Air Supply sounds better at this stage of the game

Not much of a fan though Johnson's voice sounds (ahem) decent. On this cut Angus doesn't show much. However, I only listened to half of it before I decided to devote more time to (fill in the blank).

Air Supply sounds better at this stage of the game

LOL! AirCupplyDC

Angus & Brian showed up on the Howard Stern Show today. I heard the tail end in the car and it was hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxLcrVNyt4

I was listening to this and it was good, but at 38.50 I got the old "an error has occurred", so I reloaded this page and now I've got "This video is not available in your country". I hate these f***ing assholes who arrange all this crap, it's the world wide web isn't it?? :wtf:

• Like 1

I've listened to it a few times now. Disclosure, I love the Johnson era. That said, this is maybe their best album since For Those About to Rock and Flick of the Switch, although I'm not sure how much that opinion is owing to the newness of the album. We'll see if I feel that way after the 10th listen.
  • Like 1

I've listened to it a few times now. Disclosure, I love the Johnson era. That said, this is maybe their best album since For Those About to Rock and Flick of the Switch, although I'm not sure how much that opinion is owing to the newness of the album. We'll see if I feel that way after the 10th listen.

Wow... thats high praise. My previously tepid interest has officially been piqued.

• Like 1

Wow... thats high praise. My previously tepid interest has officially been piqued.

I'm a fan, so I can find something I enjoy about all of their albums. But I can't remember enjoying all of the songs on an album this much since the early 80s. I think part of the reason is the album is extremely short, for current times, less than 40 minutes total. So there's no fat on it.

Wow! I'm not a Brian Johnson fan as you know but I can't wait to crank this record!!! I wonder if the Japanese version has a bonus track!

• Like 1

I too prefer Brian to Bon, but didn´t exactly like Black Ice - only two or three songs got me interested - Rock and Roll Train, War Machine and the third one I can´t even remember. But the first two tracks from Rock or Bust are awesome, so my expectations are high as well. I´m not sure when it´ll be available in Brazil, but I´ll surely get it!
  • Like 1