2112 on the Boneyard

ILSnwdog

I'm flipping through the channels on Sirius and stop on the boneyard when I recognize Overture. Is there anything cooler then hearing Temples of Syrinx die down, and then after a moment of silence you hear trickling water and then you know you're getting all 20.33 minutes of 2112! :haz:

Satellite radio kicks ass!

• Like 13

Is there anything cooler then hearing Temples of Syrinx die down, and then after a moment of silence you hear trickling water and then you know you're getting all 20.33 minutes of 2112!

I don't know... That's the point where I'm usually like, "Damn, the best parts are already over and there's still an eternity left to go."

I'm flipping through the channels on Sirius and stop on the boneyard when I recognize Overture. Is there anything cooler then hearing Temples of Syrinx die down, and then after a moment of silence you hear trickling water and then you know you're getting all 20.33 minutes of 2112! :haz:

Actually, if you're using a decimal, it's 20.55 minutes.

:ebert:

I have Sirius in my car, but I haven't been listening to anything on it lately at all. The things I miss...

Actually, if you're using a decimal, it's 20.55 minutes.

:ebert:

I have Sirius in my car, but I haven't been listening to anything on it lately at all. The things I miss...

I can't do FM anymore. It's the same tired crap over and over again.
  • Like 2

I guess eddie trunk really had to piss

Eddie is no longer associated with the boneyard.

ah, I see.... I guess he's living under a bridge with michael schenker somewhere, or in the vh1 classic supply closet

• Like 3

Oh, I don't either. I haven't listened to commercial radio in 20 years. iPod and CDs pretty much exclusively.

I can only handle FM radio if I absolutely have no choice, and I just stick to the local classic rock station. hearing molly hatchet all day is better than hearing maroon 5 and nicki minaj all day

• Like 4

Oh, I don't either. I haven't listened to commercial radio in 20 years. iPod and CDs pretty much exclusively.

I can only handle FM radio if I absolutely have no choice, and I just stick to the local classic rock station. hearing molly hatchet all day is better than hearing maroon 5 and nicki minaj all day

We used to have the coolest station in Chicago back in the 90s, WXRT. They played everything from the Who to KMFDM. It was not unusual to here a classic from the Kinks and then a new track from My Life With The Thrill Kill Cult. I got turned onto so many great bands listening to XRT. Then the guy that own that station sold out to CBS, and then XRT went Adult Alternative. Now it's the same cheesy shit from the usual suspects. :(

Sirius is pretty good, aside from Lithium. It's Nirvana, Pearl Jam, STP, and Bush over and over and over. Lithium is a steaming pile of horseshit.

I guess rock 105 is our "alternative" station, but it's about like lithium, with 100 times more nickelback thrown in.

kz 106 is the classic rock station, but even they're pretty shitty. average day is - sweet home alabama, every rose has its thorn, jet airliner, gimme three steps, flirtin with disaster, stairway, free bird...repeat repeat repeat. they do have something called the midnight snack where they'll sometimes play deeper cuts by old bands for an hour straight, but the last time I was out at midnight and listening to kz 106 it was bon jovi's turn for the midnight snack. horrible.

as far as I know, those are the only stations in my area that will consider playing rock music. I have nothing against rap, but you wont hear public enemy around here, just boring mechanical new shit. there are 100 country stations, none of them will touch waylon jennings or johnny cash, just new pop country lame-o's like luke bryan and blake shelton.

so yeah, stick to albums, ipods, xm radio, etc.

• Like 2

I guess rock 105 is our "alternative" station, but it's about like lithium, with 100 times more nickelback thrown in.

kz 106 is the classic rock station, but even they're pretty shitty. average day is - sweet home alabama, every rose has its thorn, jet airliner, gimme three steps, flirtin with disaster, stairway, free bird...repeat repeat repeat. they do have something called the midnight snack where they'll sometimes play deeper cuts by old bands for an hour straight, but the last time I was out at midnight and listening to kz 106 it was bon jovi's turn for the midnight snack. horrible.

as far as I know, those are the only stations in my area that will consider playing rock music. I have nothing against rap, but you wont hear public enemy around here, just boring mechanical new shit. there are 100 country stations, none of them will touch waylon jennings or johnny cash, just new pop country lame-o's like luke bryan and blake shelton.

Believe it or not, radio isn't much better in Chicago. Just a lot less country stations. I think we have just one. Our radio sucks so bad, that is why I pay to have Sirius in all three of our cars.
  • Like 1

Believe it or not, radio isn't much better in Chicago. Just a lot less country stations. I think we have just one. Our radio sucks so bad, that is why I pay to have Sirius in all three of our cars.

man, living in a small town, a lot of the "weird kids" and "free thinker"-types are convinced that everything is better in the big city, including radio, but every time I go to the city and check out the local radio stations I hear the exact same shit that's played in my neck of the woods. I heard a mastodon song on the radio in atlanta once, and that's probably as cool as FM radio will ever get. :D plus, I did find a station in florida once that played a good bit of maiden, priest, dio, early metallica. but yeah, I'm glad we're all in agreement that FM blows. you're right that the only difference seems to be less country!

We used to have the coolest station in Chicago back in the 90s, WXRT. They played everything from the Who to KMFDM. It was not unusual to here a classic from the Kinks and then a new track from My Life With The Thrill Kill Cult. I got turned onto so many great bands listening to XRT. Then the guy that own that station sold out to CBS, and then XRT went Adult Alternative. Now it's the same cheesy shit from the usual suspects. :(

Sirius is pretty good, aside from Lithium. It's Nirvana, Pearl Jam, STP, and Bush over and over and over. Lithium is a steaming pile of horseshit.

I don't think XRT ever played Rush though. My brother would listen exclusively to that station, and he never mentioned them playing any. That was in the late 70s and early 80s...I can see why they wouldn't play anything from CP or T4E when you listened.

Oh the irony of Sirius/XM. It is actually the ultimate in corporate radio as it is truly a consumer based business. Yet, at the same time, it has the freedom to be what radio once was... free to play all sorts of obscure and outside-the-mainstream stuff.

I don't think XRT ever played Rush though. My brother would listen exclusively to that station, and he never mentioned them playing any. That was in the late 70s and early 80s...I can see why they wouldn't play anything from CP or T4E when you listened.

No, they never played Rush. I never understood that.

I don't think Rush has a bigger friend in the industry than Sirius XM.

Here is a list of songs that I have heard on the Boneyard:

In The Mood

Working Man

Fly By Night

Bytor And The Snowdog

Anthem

Bastille Day

Passage to Bangkok

Closer To the Heart

Xanadu

Cinderella Man

Trees

Circumstances

Spirit of Radio

Entre Nous

Tom Sawyer

Red Barchetta

YYZ

Limelight

Vital Signs

Subdivisions

New World Man

Distant Early Warning

Big Money

Presto

Dreamline

Roll The Bones

Far Cry

Caravan

Headlong Flight

here are the rush songs I've heard on the radio in my town: working man, fly by night, closer to the heart, spirit, freewill, sawyer, limelight, subdivisions, big money Edited by bathory

I've heard Cygnus X-1 from Different Stages, Caravan, Limelight, 2112, A Passage To Bangkok and Headlong Flight on The Boneyard.