Marvel Studios Phase 3: 2016-2019

Principled Man

Upcoming Marvel films:

Avengers: Age Of Ultron (May 1st, 2015)

Ant-Man (July 17th, 2015)

PHASE THREE:

Captain America: Civil War (May 6th, 2016) - Featuring: Iron Man and The Black Panther

Dr. Strange (Nov. 4th, 2016) - (Possibly starring Benedict Cumberbatch as Dr. Strange)

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (May 5th, 2017)

Thor: Ragnarok (July 18th, 2017)

Black Panther (November 3, 2017)

Avengers: Infinity War, Part 1 (May 4th, 2018)

Captain Marvel (July 6th, 2018) - Carol Danvers as Captain Marvel

Inhumans (November 2nd, 2018)

Avengers: Infinty War, Part 2 (May 3rd, 2019)

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/138262-Marvel-Studios-Phase-3-Plans-Revealed

• Like 1

Dr. Strange (Nov. 4th, 2016) - (Possibly starring Benedict Cumberbatch as Dr. Strange)

Heard about this yesterday. I like the idea of Cumberbatch for Doctor Strange. He's got a good voice for it.

This is getting old.

To what are you referring?

I'm not tired of the Marvel films at all. They've done a masterful job with the universe. If they can keep it up, it will be one of the best movie series of all time

I wont slate superhero films, but i miss the high quality dramas of the nineties. Hollywood is creating either epic blockbusters, or sweary, inpenetrable dramas. Films like LA Confidential, The Talented Mr Ripley, Schindler's List and even Titanic were big Hollwood films that were also immensely watchable and, dare i say it, artistically rewarding. No dramas of recent years have leftany sort of impact close to any one of these did on me. Any suggestions? Let me know.

But these big superhero movies are getting on my nerves, the superhero film is the modern western, you see one, you very likely have seen them all. Main exception for me was the wonderful Man of Steel, and i really love the first two Spiderman films with Tobey Maguire.

• Like 1

Heard about this yesterday. I like the idea of Cumberbatch for Doctor Strange. He's got a good voice for it.

Negotiations with Joaquin Phoenix fell apart, so it looks like Cumberbatch is the next man up! He would make a fine Doctor..... :ebert:

Negotiations with Joaquin Phoenix fell apart, so it looks like Cumberbatch is the next man up! He would make a fine Doctor..... :ebert:

Yep. I can just imagine him saying "By the Hoary Hosts of Hoggoth!" or "By the Eye of Agamotto!" and actually make it sound like it means something.

I'm glad they made the Infinity Gauntlet two parts. We'll get a nice fleshed out conflict.

I'm not sure how I feel about Benedict Genericbatch as Dr. Strange. He was weak as Khan -- couldn't convey confidence and badassitude at all, but at this point I trust Marvel wholeheartedly.

This is going to be awesome.

• Like 2

This is getting old.

I'm not tired of the Marvel films at all. They've done a masterful job with the universe. If they can keep it up, it will be one of the best movie series of all time

I wont slate superhero films, but i miss the high quality dramas of the nineties. Hollywood is creating either epic blockbusters, or sweary, inpenetrable dramas. Films like LA Confidential, The Talented Mr Ripley, Schindler's List and even Titanic were big Hollwood films that were also immensely watchable and, dare i say it, artistically rewarding. No dramas of recent years have leftany sort of impact close to any one of these did on me. Any suggestions? Let me know.

But these big superhero movies are getting on my nerves, the superhero film is the modern western, you see one, you very likely have seen them all. Main exception for me was the wonderful Man of Steel, and i really love the first two Spiderman films with Tobey Maguire.

Good thing nobody is forcing you to watch those movies.

• Like 1

And Phoenix would have been all wrong as Doc Strange.

This is getting old.

While LA Confidential the movie is decent, it's NOTHING compared to the original James Ellroy novel. Ellroy will tear your soul apart like Pinhead!

Oh, Phoenix would have been great! Deep in an epic battle for the fate of the World, he could turn into Commodus, Emperor of Rome.....

AM I NOT MERCIFUL!!!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ricnMUse7ME/S_iMoclGPLI/AAAAAAAAAIg/CuiMC9ytSUE/s1600/drstrange1967poster.jpg

Oh, Phoenix would have been great! Deep in an epic battle for the fate of the World, he could turn into Commodus, Emperor of Rome.....

AM I NOT MERCIFUL!!!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ricnMUse7ME/S_iMoclGPLI/AAAAAAAAAIg/CuiMC9ytSUE/s1600/drstrange1967poster.jpg

No to me he'd be too intense for Strange, Strange isn't manic, he's authoritative but calm and serene. Bungerdinck will be fine.

AM I NOT MERCIFUL!!!

No to me he'd be too intense for Strange, Strange isn't manic, he's authoritative but calm and serene. Bungerdinck will be fine.

He couldn't pull off authoritative but calm as Khan. Calm and confident yes, but he was not threatening or authoritative in any way.

AM I NOT MERCIFUL!!!

He couldn't pull off authoritative but calm as Khan. Calm and confident yes, but he was not threatening or authoritative in any way.

He doesn't need to be threatening as Strange, Strange is a good guy. And I thought he was powerful as Khan.

Maybe it was because the rest of the movie was just so bad, or that Montebaln nailed the role so perfectly back in the day but Cumberbatch felt out of place. He's fantastic as Sherlock, but I don't think he's an actor that can really nail a part outside of that archetype. I felt he was weak as Khan. It felt like the role could have been swapped out with a random James Bond villain; he just didn't project that air of confidence or have that presence from a superhuman.
  • Like 1

This is getting old.

Good thing nobody is forcing you to watch those movies.

I am, my friends convince me everytime that "this one will change your mind", so I give in.

This is getting old.

I do kind of get what you're saying, though luckily the quality of most of these superhero movies is really good. I get how you cover your biggies like X-Men and Captain America but I think they're going too far out there for some of these planned films.

Nothing really psyches me up to go to the midnight showing of "Ant Man" for example.

I'm glad they made the Infinity Gauntlet two parts. We'll get a nice fleshed out conflict.

I'm not sure how I feel about Benedict Genericbatch as Dr. Strange. He was weak as Khan -- couldn't convey confidence and badassitude at all, but at this point I trust Marvel wholeheartedly.

A fantasic actor doing a disservice to a beloved Trek villan. It would have been much much better to have him be somebody else in STID.

• Like 1

A fantastic actor doing a disservice to a beloved Trek villan. It would have been much much better to have him be somebody else in STID.

You know what would have been interesting? Starfleet discovers the Botany Bay and crew in cryo-freeze, and they wake up someone other than Khan. Cumberbatch could have played the super-human "John Harrison" for real, with Khan still in cryo-freeze.

It would have avoided all the "Why did they get a stuffy white Englishman to play Khan?" arguments...... :D

• Like 2

A fantastic actor doing a disservice to a beloved Trek villan. It would have been much much better to have him be somebody else in STID.

You know what would have been interesting? Starfleet discovers the Botany Bay and crew in cryo-freeze, and they wake up someone other than Khan. Cumberbatch could have played the super-human "John Harrison" for real, with Khan still in cryo-freeze.

It would have avoided all the "Why did they get a stuffy white Englishman to play Khan?" arguments...... :D

Hey, that's not a bad idea!

Better start with the script for Trek 3 now before the ruin it!

Edited by Del_Duio

This is getting old.

I do kind of get what you're saying, though luckily the quality of most of these superhero movies is really good. I get how you cover your biggies like X-Men and Captain America but I think they're going too far out there for some of these planned films.

Nothing really psyches me up to go to the midnight showing of "Ant Man" for example.

Paul Rudd has me excited for it