Rank Presto

savagegrace26

Can't rank this album as it's an entity. Pure perfection. But if I have to name one song it'd be Red Tide. Such an underrated gem.

1. War Paint

2. Presto

3. Available Light

4. Hand Over Fist

5. The Pass

6. Show Don't Tell

7. Chain Lightning

8. Superconductor

9. Anagram

10. Red Tide

11. Scars

1. Chain Lightning - 10

2. Presto- 10

3. Available Light- 10

4. The Pass- 9

5. Show Don't Tell- 9

6. Hand Over Fist- 8

7. Red Tide- 8

8. War Paint- 7

9. Scars- 7

10. Anagram- 7

11. Superconductor- 6

Overall one of my minor favourite Rush albums, it features some of my favourite songs of the whole Rush catalogue, and also one of their least: Superconductor. And yet i cannot entirely slate the song, which i actually enjoy in parts, but more the treatment of the song in the studio. Those backing vox on the chorus are truly hideous, and alongside Stick It Out, are the ugliest part of any Rush album to date. But aside from the chorus, i really enjoy the song!

Chain Lightning is one of my favourite Rush songs of any era, and it finds its equal in both the wondrous pop of the title track and the astounding Available Light, which sees Geddy Lee perform one of the finest vocals of his entire career. In fact, as far as Geddy's voice is concerned, Presto is pretty much the best showcase for him. Some fans may prefer the banshee squall of Hemispheres era Rush (to a certain extent i guess i do to), but i really dig his vocal work from the eigties era, and he reaches his peak on Presto.

Despite my adoration for this albjm, Presto is the least impressive Rush album of the eighties, which says more about just how marvellous the band is at their peak, and less the quality of this album, which is still very high. Presto deserves high praise, but not quite the highest.

1. Chain Lightning - 10

2. Presto- 10

3. Available Light- 10

4. The Pass- 9

5. Show Don't Tell- 9

6. Hand Over Fist- 8

7. Red Tide- 8

8. War Paint- 7

9. Scars- 7

10. Anagram- 7

11. Superconductor- 6

Overall one of my minor favourite Rush albums, it features some of my favourite songs of the whole Rush catalogue, and also one of their least: Superconductor. And yet i cannot entirely slate the song, which i actually enjoy in parts, but more the treatment of the song in the studio. Those backing vox on the chorus are truly hideous, and alongside Stick It Out, are the ugliest part of any Rush album to date. But aside from the chorus, i really enjoy the song!

Chain Lightning is one of my favourite Rush songs of any era, and it finds its equal in both the wondrous pop of the title track and the astounding Available Light, which sees Geddy Lee perform one of the finest vocals of his entire career. In fact, as far as Geddy's voice is concerned, Presto is pretty much the best showcase for him. Some fans may prefer the banshee squall of Hemispheres era Rush (to a certain extent i guess i do to), but i really dig his vocal work from the eigties era, and he reaches his peak on Presto.

Despite my adoration for this albjm, Presto is the least impressive Rush album of the eighties, which says more about just how marvellous the band is at their peak, and less the quality of this album, which is still very high. Presto deserves high praise, but not quite the highest.

This is pretty close. I like Scars more than you and Hand Over Fist less but a pretty good list overall...

The Pass

Come on. You don't like Presto (the song)?

Yes, I do, but the problem that I have with the album is that every song sounds almost the same. The first five songs I like. After that, I start to lose listening interest.

But they don't sound the same at all...some are acoustic oriented, some are keyboard dominant, some use piano, scars has that tribal thing going on, the pass has that quietish melodic vibe going on. I don't get how they seem to sound the same to you unless you mean the production.

I can see Power Windows and Test for Echo soungs all sounding the same more than Presto.

• Like 1

The Pass is one of my all time Favs from RUSH. Helped me through some tough times. I wish it would have been around in my younger years.

There are a few good life lesson songs on this album. Over all I give it a solid 9.

• Like 1

Anagram

Available Light

Chain Lightning

presto

the Pass

Show Don't Tell

War Paint

Red Tide

Hand over fist

Superconductor

Scars

1. Show Don't Tell

2. Superconductor

3. Available Light

4. The Pass

5. Scars

6. Chain Lightning

7. Presto

8. War Paint

9. Red Tide

10. Hand Over Fist

11. Anagram (for Mongo)

Bunch a songs...all sound pretty much the same, tinny and uninteresting.

Create your own random generator and spit out an order, you won't be too far off.