Should the string section make a return next year?

Disk98

Ummm......NO! once was enough.

If they're dying to bring someone out for support, bring The Sword or Primus or Queensryche out as an opener. Start the show at 7 sharp. 45 minute opener. Rush 8 to 10:45 with 2 sets and an encore still......just a little shorter sets than last tour

No. :no: Once was too much already... :tsk: When I go see Rush, I wanna see Rush... Not "petite women with great butts" or "Tattooed chick that Big Al has the hots for", or some white haired dude riding his 15 minutes of fame hanging out with the Rush groupies and tribute bands... Sorry.... There's a thought, bring out the double-necks instead... So you can play Xanadu the way it was meant to be played.... If I want to see a cute girl on stage, I'll go see Kylie or Taylor.... Thanks. ;)

Is that true?

Well, probably not litterally... But everyone saw the pics of Alex "drooling" in front of her at every show... Of course it's in good fun, but still, to me, that wasn't Rush... It was "cool" once, OK... Now scram!

No. :no: Once was too much already... :tsk: When I go see Rush, I wanna see Rush... Not "petite women with great butts" or "Tattooed chick that Big Al has the hots for", or some white haired dude riding his 15 minutes of fame hanging out with the Rush groupies and tribute bands... Sorry.... There's a thought, bring out the double-necks instead... So you can play Xanadu the way it was meant to be played.... If I want to see a cute girl on stage, I'll go see Kylie or Taylor.... Thanks. ;)

Is that true?

Well, probably not litterally... But everyone saw the pics of Alex "drooling" in front of her at every show... Of course it's in good fun, but still, to me, that wasn't Rush... It was "cool" once, OK... Now scram!

Are Rush sexless sterile roobotic Quakers? Oh no! A girl!

It must have cost Rush a lot more money to tow the Strings section around with them last tour. I don't think it is necessary that they make that investment again. They don't need to have them there with all the technology today that can produce the same effect.

BINGO! Great post my dear!

• Like 1

For the record, Gerry (white haired dude) is cool as shit. Genuinely a great guy and is by no means "riding his 15 minutes". He really is just an awesome guy.

• Like 1

It must have cost Rush a lot more money to tow the Strings section around with them last tour. I don't think it is necessary that they make that investment again. They don't need to have them there with all the technology today that can produce the same effect.

BINGO! Great post my dear!

Thank you, Earl. :coy:

For the record, Gerry (white haired dude) is cool as shit. Genuinely a great guy and is by no means "riding his 15 minutes". He really is just an awesome guy.

I agree. He's very talented and really enjoyed touring. You usually found him in the hotel bar at night - a fun/cool dude to party with.

• Like 1

Fine, but my answer and final word on this is still NO! :cool: :cheers:

• Like 1

If for no other reason so they can do Losing It and correct an error from last tour.

Goodness, yes. They missed such an opportunity to do Losing It with the strings on stage. I get the arrangement is still difficult, even with the strings in tow, but I think the fans would have forgiven them for any adjustments.

Alas, as much as I think the strings were a nice little addition for the CA tour, I am fine with them not bringing them back... but if they do it solely for the intent of Losing It, I am equally fine. I really, really love to hear Geddy sing live "for you the blind who once could see, the bell tolls for thee" just once.

• Like 1

If for no other reason so they can do Losing It and correct an error from last tour.

Goodness, yes. They missed such an opportunity to do Losing It with the strings on stage. I get the arrangement is still difficult, even with the strings in tow, but I think the fans would have forgiven them for any adjustments.

Alas, as much as I think the strings were a nice little addition for the CA tour, I am fine with them not bringing them back... but if they do it solely for the intent of Losing It, I am equally fine. I really, really love to hear Geddy sing live "for you the blind who once could see, the bell tolls for thee" just once.

Especially at his age. I'm not being snide, but surely at least one of the three can hear it tolling even if it is faint right now.

It's easy to sing songs like that when you are young. But then one day it becomes your own reality.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

Especially at his age. I'm not being snide, but surely at least one of the three can hear it tolling even if it is faint right now.

It's easy to sing songs like that when you are young. But then one day it becomes your own reality.

Surely that song becomes personal for all of them at their age. They aren't the youthful rockers they once were. Yes, even at their age they are better than most of the folks out there, but time has it's way with all of us.

• Like 3

I think they absolutely should. Think of the amazing things they could do to songs like La Villa Strangiato, Marathon, Nobody's Hero, (for you 2K) Losing It…I hope the strings come back!

As do I, As do I! But Honestly, Either go big or go home! If they are going to tackle that again, go with the whole Orchestra and get it completely out of their system.

I can imagine so many songs that would translate well with an Orchestra and we know RUSH will do it well!

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1