Should the string section make a return next year?

Disk98

I think they absolutely should. Think of the amazing things they could do to songs like La Villa Strangiato, Marathon, Nobody's Hero, (for you 2K) Losing It…I hope the strings come back! Edited by Disk98
  • Like 1

hadn't given this one too much thought, but it is a great idea. This would definitely add something to the show. If their new album (assuming there will be one) features a lot of strings, it should be a no brainer.

It would be nice to hear many old songs, including the ones in the OP, with a slight twist. It will make the obligatory live cd/dvd a bit more appealing :)

Clem

It must have cost Rush a lot more money to tow the Strings section around with them last tour. I don't think it is necessary that they make that investment again. They don't need to have them there with all the technology today that can produce the same effect.

the strings were neat, but not anything I'd care to see again. if they did decide to tour with strings, I'd be fine with it, but I'd rather see just rush. and la villa with strings? that's only acceptable if our only other option is the polka version
  • Like 1

No. :no: Once was too much already... :tsk: When I go see Rush, I wanna see Rush... Not "petite women with great butts" or "Tattooed chick that Big Al has the hots for", or some white haired dude riding his 15 minutes of fame hanging out with the Rush groupies and tribute bands... Sorry.... There's a thought, bring out the double-necks instead... So you can play Xanadu the way it was meant to be played.... If I want to see a cute girl on stage, I'll go see Kylie or Taylor.... Thanks. ;)
  • Like 2

No. :no: Once was too much already... :tsk: When I go see Rush, I wanna see Rush... Not "petite women with great butts" or "Tattooed chick that Big Al has the hots for", or some white haired dude riding his 15 minutes of fame hanging out with the Rush groupies and tribute bands... Sorry.... There's a thought, bring out the double-necks instead... So you can play Xanadu the way it was meant to be played.... If I want to see a cute girl on stage, I'll go see Kylie or Taylor.... Thanks. ;)

Is that true?