2015 Tour name...will it really be named R40 or R41?

efdalby

After they did the R30 tour, they released "R30"...they are releasing the "R40" live shows compilation in November...so how would that work? Edited by efdalby

After they did the R30 tour, they released "R30"...they are releasing the "R40" live shows compilation in November...so how would that work?

R40 contains all of the blu-rays from RIR to CAT, plus 3 (?) more bonus disks. IMO those 3 bonuses aren't worth $140, but if you don't already have the rest, it may be worth it...

I can't keep up with what tour is what. It started to become a blur after Different Stages - the last live CD I got.

After they did the R30 tour, they released "R30"...they are releasing the "R40" live shows compilation in November...so how would that work?

R40 contains all of the blu-rays from RIR to CAT, plus 3 (?) more bonus disks. IMO those 3 bonuses aren't worth $140, but if you don't already have the rest, it may be worth it...

It's not worth $140 which is why I paid $97 for it.

• Like 2

No it won't be R41 right after an R40 package.. We were told though it'll be "something for the fans" which is why I'm hoping for a real decent setlist! Especially considering they're not touring an album's with of new songs this time..

Not that it's a big deal either way, but personally, I hope not...

To me, it comes off as lazy. When they did "R30"...that was fine and cool. It fit.

But to keep retreading the concept just seems uncreative...they should be able to come up with something more appealing, if you ask me.

I seriously doubt they will call it R41 or R40 something similar. It could be viewed as tongue-in-cheek, but from a marketing perspective (and knowing the legions of hardcore fans) it's already been done with R30 in 2004, so it might be perceived as a bit lazy or uncreative.

Clockwork Lives - too similar. Would it confuse fans thinking it was the same show?

A Farewell to Fans - sounds great, but I can't imagine they'd be that definite in their plans.

I will guess and think it will have something to do with Permanent Waves, since it will be 35.

I seriously doubt they will call it R41 or R40 something similar. It could be viewed as tongue-in-cheek, but from a marketing perspective (and knowing the legions of hardcore fans) it's already been done with R30 in 2004, so it might be perceived as a bit lazy or uncreative.

Especially since R40 has already been done too...

http://www.amazon.com/R40-6-Blu-ray-Box-Set/dp/B00NJADEJM

I think Geddy already mentioned he had no problem calling it R41. He actually thinks its kinda humorous.

Regardless I'm still hoping for:

The Time Machine Too Tour!

Permanent Waves in its Entirety!

Edited by losingit2k

How about "CYGNUS XLI"

Perfect!!!

(And no I'm not just being "Roman numerals biased!")