Nobody's Hero

How It Is

The Wreckers

What else? Any specific phrasing?

[screw it - it's not working!! Sometimes what you see is not what you get!!!]

XaaaaaaNAAAAAAAAAduuuuuuuuu

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 1

Prime Mover has a killer Chorus. Very hooky.

Mick

I was going to mention that but I'm in a RUSH...

I think Presto may be their most consitently "melodic" album...crucify me but it's an inarguable "truth"...

Edited by savagegrace26

"One likes to believe in the freedom of music, but glittering prizes and endless compromises shatter the illusion of integrity, yeah."

"To stand within the pleasure dome, decreed by Kubla Khan, to taste anew the fruits of life, the last immortal man. To find the sacred river Alph, to walk the

caves of ice! Oh I will dine on Honeydew and drink the milk of paradise."

"Every day we're standing in a time capsule racing down a river from the past. Every day we're standing in a wind tunnel, facing down the future coming fast. It's just the age, it's just a stage. We disengage, we turn the page."

"Apollo was astonished, Dionysus thought me mad, but they heard my story further and they wondered and were sad. Looking down from Olympus on a world of doubt and fear, its surface splintered into sorry Hemispheres."

• Like 2

WE ARE THE PRIESTS!!!!!! ya know the rest. I don'tknow why people slam pop music for being to hooky.......yes i've heard it complained about. Rush as complicated as they could be....... were hooky all over, lol

Mick

• Like 3

I know it's most unusual

To come before you so

But I've found an ancient miracle

I thought that you should know

Listen to my music

And hear what it can do

There's something here as strong as life

I know that it will reach you.

• Like 4

WE ARE THE PRIESTS!!!!!! ya know the rest. I don'tknow why people slam pop music for being to hooky.......yes i've heard it complained about. Rush as complicated as they could be....... were hooky all over, lol

Mick

They always had the pop-songwriting instinct...it was only a matter of time haha
  • Like 1

anarchist reactionary running dog revisionist

hindu muslim catholic creation evolutionist

NOT

I really like that part for some reason, it might be the stupidest thing they've ever written but I love it lol

The Big Wheel may be the least melodic song in their catalog, the verses especially. Sorry, but reverbed staccato syllables do not lend well to "catchiness" or whatever they were going for. Edited by len(songs)

The Big Wheel may be the least melodic song in their catalog, the verses especially. Sorry, but reverbed staccato syllables do not lend well to "catchiness" or whatever they were going for.

I don't know...7COG and The Larger Bowl are pretty lacking in the melody department as well

NOT

I really like that part for some reason, it might be the stupidest thing they've ever written but I love it lol

I can't find much to like about that song. "The odds get even! blah blah blah . . . YOU BET YOUR LIFE!!!!"

ppbbltt.

• Like 1

NOT

I can't find much to like about that song. "The odds get even! blah blah blah . . . YOU BET YOUR LIFE!!!!"

ppbbltt.

It's gotta be the objective choice for worst Rush song ever haha

The Big Wheel may be the least melodic song in their catalog, the verses especially. Sorry, but reverbed staccato syllables do not lend well to "catchiness" or whatever they were going for.

Then that godawful Barry Manilow frickin' chorus.

NOT

You remembered it.......it's catchy, :laughing guy:

Mick

Yeah, I remembered it like I remember any irritating repeating noise. I had to look up the "lyrics" though.

I disagree...at least for the chorus. It sounds like a Cher song so it has to be catchy...and I sing it in the shower.

• Like 1

Then that godawful Barry Manilow frickin' chorus.

Cher or Barry Manilow? Which is it?

I don't know...7COG and The Larger Bowl are pretty lacking in the melody department as well

I think Seven Cities of Gold is quite melodic . . . as for The Larger Bowl, well, have you ever tried to write a melody for a "pantoum"? :) I recently watched a video on youtube in which they talk about being quite proud of that song - according to Geddy Lee, "one of the best we've ever written." I'm not that wild about it myself.

• Like 1