VI. The Sphere (A Kind Of Dream) That Might Be Over After 18 Years.............

RUSHHEAD666

Well gang, back on October 13th 1996 I married my beautiful wife.

Story: Back on that day:

The DJ showed up with a list of all of the songs he was going to play at our ceremony and reception and he forgot to include the few Rush songs I wanted played.

In terror I ran out to my 1990 Mustang and grabbed a "Hemispheres" cassette. I popped it in my tape deck and cued up "The Sphere."

I also grabbed my "Roll The Bones" cassette and cued up "Ghost Of A Chance." That was my Wedding dance song. Wendy picked "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel. An excellent choice too. The DJ had that one.

Anyway I had the DJ fire up "The Sphere" as Wendy walked down the aisle.

I had tears in my eyes and my heart wanted to explode into a million pieces.

It was amazing.

I truly believed at that time that we were meant to be.

Well we had two beautiful daughters. They are now 17 years old and 14 years old. Zoe the oldest has been accepted to Portland State where she is going to play soccer. Center back stud.

Sadly my wife and Rush partner who would travel around the country with me to see the boys has totally changed.

She hit 40 and like a sad dream she has completely changed.

Wants nothing to to with me or with concerts or with anything I like to do.

It's all about her now.

I'm not sure what to do but to sadly quote another Rush song I feel like I am in "Limbo."

So the lyrics in "The Sphere" mean so much to me.

By chance I was driving by the Claremont Hotel in Berkeley today to beat traffic and "The Sphere" came on as I was cranking "Hemispheres." The Claremont Hotel is where we got married.

Anyway I just want to write the lyrics of "The Sphere" one more time on here.

I think I've written this story before on here. Unfortunately things are going into a negative direction.

I'm writing this on here because I know she won't read it or give a shit.

I have made a lot of friends on here despite my outlandish writing style.

Hell I've been on here for 8 years and this Forum is celebrating it's ten years of existence. Congrats 73.

"The Sphere"

"We can walk our road together if our goals are all the same.

We can run alone and be free if we pursue a different aim.

Let the truth of love be lighted, let the love of truth shine clear.

Sensibility, armed with sense and liberty,

With the Heart and Mind united in a single, perfect sphere."

Perhaps after 18 years of marriage my wife is trying to pursue a different aim.

Bummed.

• Like 6

I've been through something like that. Here's to good friends and good music.

Thank you my friend! The Rush Forum has a lot of great people. I feel like I can post anything here.

A lot of my friends have said the same thing to me lately. Here's to good friends and MUSIC!!!!!

I'm a Rush fanatic until the end but one of my buddies who moved to Detroit always says, "CHEERS TO METAL!!! ACCEPT AND PRiEST RULE!" LOL!!!

Music is my religion. Isn't that an Ozzy lyric? Hahaha!

Anyway I will probably be seeing Rush by myself on the next tour. She is done. Wendy was my "chick magnet" at shows! HAHA! I'm talking all shows!

My wife is a cute Finnish blonde. Alex actually handed her a pick at an S&A Tour right before they went into "The Way The Wind Blows."

John Petrucci showered here with like 5 picks at a show in Concord with Ryche.

Styx guys gave picks too.

Anyway, people change. She's 40 now and she is done having fun with me. She prefers now to work out and drink red wine.

Sorry for going on and on an on. It sucks when your woman completely changes. It's like a she was bit by a zombie at the mall in Romero's "Dawn Of The Dead."

She loves her Lulu Lemon, but she hates making contact with a human male.

Perhaps she wants my jugular instead.

Perhaps she has a boyfriend............

Kidding.........

So sorry to hear. Sorry I don't have more to say, but I don't really have any knowledge on that topic.

So sorry to hear. Sorry I don't have more to say, but I don't really have any knowledge on that topic.

No worries. Thank you. Everyone eventually goes through issues in a long term relationship.

I apologize. I hope I'm not coming across like an idiot on a public forum.

I just feel posting stuff on here.

It just sucks.

She just grew up and changed, I'm six years older than her.

Perhaps I blew it with my selfish endeavors.

Concerts, cd shopping.

I'm a fool.

Goodnight.

Music is my religion.

Absolutely. I have felt the same, for virtually my whole life.

I will probably be seeing Rush by myself on the next tour.

Meet up with some forum people! You don't have to do it alone if it's too hard.

I feel for you...but time is the great healer. We don't know how much of it might be required, but...as always, lean on the music to get you through.

• Like 1

The DJ showed up with a list of all of the songs he was going to play at our ceremony and reception and he forgot to include the few Rush songs I wanted played.

In terror I ran out to my 1990 Mustang and grabbed a "Hemispheres" cassette. I popped it in my tape deck and cued up "The Sphere."

I also grabbed my "Roll The Bones" cassette and cued up "Ghost Of A Chance." That was my Wedding dance song. Wendy picked "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel. An excellent choice too. The DJ had that one.

It was amazing.

Well we had two beautiful daughters. They are now 17 years old and 14 years old. Zoe the oldest has been accepted to Portland State where she is going to play soccer. Center back stud.

Sadly my wife and Rush partner who would travel around the country with me to see the boys has totally changed.

It's all about her now.

I'm not sure what to do but to sadly quote another Rush song I feel like I am in "Limbo."

By chance I was driving by the Claremont Hotel in Berkeley today to beat traffic and "The Sphere" came on as I was cranking "Hemispheres." The Claremont Hotel is where we got married.

I think I've written this story before on here. Unfortunately things are going into a negative direction.

Hell I've been on here for 8 years and this Forum is celebrating it's ten years of existence. Congrats 73.

"The Sphere"

Bummed.

She loved you once before for who you were. Maybe she's just going through some shit that you don't understand. I'm not trying to sound judgemental but if you still love her don't just give up and let her go. People change and interests change but that doesn't mean we stop adapting to them.

"The luckiest man who walks the Earth is the one who finds true love." Bram Stoker's Dracula.

"If you really, really love someone, when is enough enough? Never." The Mexican.

Sorry to hear and I hope it works out for you.

By the way the Ozzy lyric is "rock and roll is my religion (and I think it goes on to say) and my law".

It was amazing.

It's all about her now.

"The Sphere"

Bummed.

How strange that you should quote these words from The Sphere, Earl. I awoke this morning with that exact part of the song going through my head and I haven't been able to dislodge it.

Sorry to hear about you and Wendy. I sincerely hope that the two of you are able to work things out. A lot might be going on with her - physical and emotional. Maybe she needs some space and time to work through it all.

• Like 1

Sorry Earl.

I got married in '97 and that relationship produced the three wonderful girls who are my everything.

Took her to a couple of Rush shows. She is one of those who really isn't into music and doesn't get those of us passionate about music. But, she didn't want to miss a good time and/or didn't trust me being out on my own in a 'festival like' environment.

Anyways, at our wedding, I did have some input into the music as she knew that was my passion. She had 100% control over everything else. Part of the reception was my best man (with an ES-355) and me (with my McCarty PRS) playing a little jam/medley which consisted of Blue Sky (Allmans which I actually sang), Return Of The Prince (instrumental), and Sunshine Daydream (Grateful Dead, which I sang as well). So I at least had some Rush at my wedding.

Not to get into the details, but the marriage lasted just shy of ten years. The priorities weren't about what is best for us and the family, but more about having fun in the moment and not worrying about the future.

Good luck to you and be strong.

I love you all! Thanks for the posts and the insight! You guys are great!! I will try my best to be strong.

As for going to Rush concerts alone well hell yes! Hopefully I can meet some of you on the next tour!!!

Cheers!

Earl

I've never taken my wife to a rush concert. I have gone with friends but now actually prefer to go alone. My wife doesn't want to go which is cool. Friends who are not rush nuts actually tend to ruin the show with talking or wanting to get get beer. I always meet some cool fans in the section before it starts. Last show a family of 4 was sitting next to me which was cool. At another show I sat next to these fans from Puerto Rico that all made custom leather jackets with band member portraits on back. It was great talking to them.

Thank you my friend! The Rush Forum has a lot of great people. I feel like I can post anything here.

A lot of my friends have said the same thing to me lately. Here's to good friends and MUSIC!!!!!

I'm a Rush fanatic until the end but one of my buddies who moved to Detroit always says, "CHEERS TO METAL!!! ACCEPT AND PRiEST RULE!" LOL!!!

Anyway I will probably be seeing Rush by myself on the next tour. She is done. Wendy was my "chick magnet" at shows! HAHA! I'm talking all shows!

My wife is a cute Finnish blonde. Alex actually handed her a pick at an S&A Tour right before they went into "The Way The Wind Blows."

Anyway, people change. She's 40 now and she is done having fun with me. She prefers now to work out and drink red wine.

Sorry for going on and on an on. It sucks when your woman completely changes. It's like a she was bit by a zombie at the mall in Romero's "Dawn Of The Dead."

Kidding.........

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/89951-the-official-lolfeminists-thread/page__st__240

Related conversations going on in SOCN.

I love you all! Thanks for the posts and the insight! You guys are great!! I will try my best to be strong.

As for going to Rush concerts alone well hell yes! Hopefully I can meet some of you on the next tour!!!

Cheers!

Earl

I've never taken my wife to a rush concert. I have gone with friends but now actually prefer to go alone. My wife doesn't want to go which is cool. Friends who are not rush nuts actually tend to ruin the show with talking or wanting to get get beer. I always meet some cool fans in the section before it starts. Last show a family of 4 was sitting next to me which was cool. At another show I sat next to these fans from Puerto Rico that all made custom leather jackets with band member portraits on back. It was great talking to them.

Wow! Yes! I can relate. My last Rush show was "Clockwork" down in LA at Universal Studios. I went alone. It was the first Rush show I saw by myself and you know what? I totally loved it! You are right! I didn't have to talk to anyone or worry about what they were drinking and such.

It was great just watching the band and not dealing with anyone's bullshit. Also after the show I met a bunch of great Rush fans from all over the world. We all closed the bars down! A BLAST!

Plus I will save a lot of money this spring only buying one ticket per show!!!

Kidding.........

http://www.therushfo...d/page__st__240

Related conversations going on in SOCN.

Thanks for the link Goose! Sadly I never joined SOCN!! I've always thought that I would get roasted in there with my political views so I never bothered.

It wouldn't surprise me is she was cheating. So far I can't prove it. But it's a gut feeling.

I listened to "Cold Fire" the other day and it's amazing how my brain is wired. Being a drummer I just zone into the music.

Well I actually paid attention to the lyrics. It hit me hard.

Cheers!

Earl

Wow! Yes! I can relate. My last Rush show was "Clockwork" down in LA at Universal Studios. I went alone. It was the first Rush show I saw by myself and you know what? I totally loved it! You are right! I didn't have to talk to anyone or worry about what they were drinking and such.

It was great just watching the band and not dealing with anyone's bullshit. Also after the show I met a bunch of great Rush fans from all over the world. We all closed the bars down! A BLAST!

Now we're making lemonade man

• Like 1

Cheers!

Earl

Now we're making lemonade man

"The Wreckers" Lemonade!