How can someone not like this??

Bytor1958

I just listened to all of Caress of Steel today. The Necromancer still gives me the shivers sometimes...I love it.

And just think - they recorded this album in only three weeks!!!

Think about this- Fly By Night, Caress of Steel, and 2112 were all released in a span of 13 months, from February of '75 to March of '76.

• Like 2

I cannot understand how anyone can hate on CoS and love Hems.

No offense, I love both, but CoS is so much better it isn't even funny.

I just listened to all of Caress of Steel today. The Necromancer still gives me the shivers sometimes...I love it.

And just think - they recorded this album in only three weeks!!!

Think about this- Fly By Night, Caress of Steel, and 2112 were all released in a span of 13 months, from February of '75 to March of '76.

It takes them that long just to do one album today.

Still hate it. Sorry. I remember years ago, it seemed NO one liked this record. I've noticed tons of people here do. I'll never forget a Rockline interview with Geddy Lee years ago:

Caller: Hi Geddy, I just have to say that I'm a huge fan. I mean, I even like Caress of Steel.

Geddy: Wow. Now this guy is REALLY a fan.

Of course, Geddy said this somewhat tongue in cheek, but it was clear that he was surprised that someone liked it.

To each his/her own.....

Clem

• Like 2

Hemispheres is much better than CoS. But that says more about Hemispheres than it does about CoS ;)

I have to be in the mood for Hems.

I can Caress my steel at any time.

I'm the reverse. If I were to rank the 70's albums i'd be

1. Hemispheres

2. COS

3 2112 (Really on the strength of the title track)

4. Fly by night (Really grown to like this album)

5. AFTK

6. Rush

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

I'm the reverse. If I were to rank the 70's albums i'd be

1. Hemisphers

3. COS

3 2112 (Really on the strength of the title track)

4. Fly by night (Really grown to like this album)

5. AFTK

6. Rush

Mick

1. AFTK- 10/10

2. CoS- 10/10

3. 2112- 9/10

4. Hems- 8.5/10

5. Rush- 6/10

6. FBN- 5.5/10

It seems the "Down the Tubes Tour" Is maybe what hurt COS.. It's always been one on my favorites. RUSH was so far ahead of anything out there. No one knew how to take it.
  • Like 1

I love Fountain Of Lamneth, really a great track. It's not as good as their other epics in that there isn't really much continuum in the song, it seems to be a collection of smaller songs except that it has a "bookends" thing going on with the reprise of the first part at the end. Not their strongest epic, but given the competition it has (2112, Hemispheres, Xanadu), it's a little unfair. Great song.

I hate the rest of Caress Of Steel. If you took away The Twilight Zone and Lessons on 2112, moved Tears and Something For Nothing up to after Bangkok, and put Fountain at the end, that would be a fantastic album.

1. 2112

2. A Passage To Bangkok

3. Tears

4. Something For Nothing

5. The Fountain Of Lamneth

Now wouldn't that be badass?

• Like 1

One of my favorite Rush songs for sure. Maybe their most emotional song for me. It's full of youthful passion. You can really tell how into it they were when they were making it
  • Like 2

I love Fountain Of Lamneth, really a great track. It's not as good as their other epics in that there isn't really much continuum in the song, it seems to be a collection of smaller songs except that it has a "bookends" thing going on with the reprise of the first part at the end. Not their strongest epic, but given the competition it has (2112, Hemispheres, Xanadu), it's a little unfair. Great song.

I hate the rest of Caress Of Steel. If you took away The Twilight Zone and Lessons on 2112, moved Tears and Something For Nothing up to after Bangkok, and put Fountain at the end, that would be a fantastic album.

1. 2112

2. A Passage To Bangkok

3. Tears

4. Something For Nothing

5. The Fountain Of Lamneth

Now wouldn't that be badass?

Only if you burn a CD with those songs, take a red Sharpie, label it "Caress and Bangkok", and give it to your best lady for Xmas.
  • Like 1

Caress and Bangkok is without a doubt the greatest missed oppurtunity in music history, bar Madonna poking her eyes out on her conical bra.
  • Like 1