A little break from all the "best use of _________ in a Rush song" threads

JARG

I didn't know there was any irony associated with Fly By Night (the song).

I think the irony is that he went to England to make it big, but it wasn't until he came back home and started a "normal" job that he did.

I think the irony is that he went to England to make it big, but it wasn't until he came back home and started a "normal" job that he did.

Exactly! He felt that his ship wasn't coming, so he went off to England to seek his fortune. It didn't happen. Fortune found him working in the auto parts store.

And Dorothy learns "...if I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own backyard..."

Exactly! He felt that his ship wasn't coming, so he went off to England to seek his fortune. It didn't happen. Fortune found him working in the auto parts store.

And Dorothy learns "...if I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own backyard..."

Well, that was a fun 9 minutes. What else you got :D

• Like 3

I should've picked a day when you weren't around. ;)

You had 12 days!

I'm glad you asked the question, though. It makes me think of the song and the movie (both of which I've enjoyed immensely) in new, and connected ways. When did you make the connection?

You had 12 days!

I'm glad you asked the question, though. It makes me think of the song and the movie (both of which I've enjoyed immensely) in new, and connected ways. When did you make the connection?

Yesterday.

I've long known about the irony of FBN...how I connected it to Oz is a bit of a mystery to me. It's weird how our brains can do that.

• Like 1

You had 12 days!

Yesterday.

I've long known about the irony of FBN...how I connected it to Oz is a bit of a mystery to me. It's weird how our brains can do that.

What's weird to me is....the brain named itself :smoke:

Neil has this way of putting himself into many hero's journeys. If he isn't Dorothy or Odysseus, he'll probably be Harry Potter.

Oh God . . . then we'll get lyrics with a million f***ing adverbs.

"Harry, what is it?" Hermione asked quizzically.

"I don't know," Harry replied doubtfully.

"Let me have a look," said Ron, helpfully.

• Like 2