What was old is new again, v. Coming Home v. 1986 Gibson Les Paul Custom

Maverick

So a couple of days ago I saw my old 1986 Gibson Les Paul Custom in the same guitar shop that I sold it to back in early January 2013. It had been purchased a week letter by a professional touring musician who toured with it for a year and a half, playing to 5,000-10,000 people a night. Three weeks ago, he traded it back to the guitar shop for something different. Now I am buying it back!

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/Guitar%20Gear/20141021_134532_zpsrwz0isus.jpg

• Like 7

We went to a music store on Saturday, my wife was picking up some sheet music to teach the kids piano.

She asked me "why are you looking at guitars?" Why wouldnt I? Strangest question ever

• Like 2

We went to a music store on Saturday, my wife was picking up some sheet music to teach the kids piano.

She asked me "why are you looking at guitars?" Why wouldnt I? Strangest question ever

That's a divorceable offense.

• Like 3

Good for you!

Man, I had a 71 SG that I sold to a friend (my bass player) so I could by a Strat because I wanted a whammy bar guitar. He was supposed to sell it to only me, but our band had a falling out and he sold it to our guitar player who traded it with a bunch of stuff for some other gear. I really wish I could find it again.

Good story! I don't sell guitars anymore.

I won't ever sell that guitar again. In fact, I can't see myself selling any of my current guitars.

I sold the piece o' shit Strat I got when I first started playing. Got rid of it for about $50 and I don't regret it. But I could never sell either of the guitars I currently own, both B.C. Riches.

I guess I could see myself trading in the Warlock for a better one with a neck-through body and a tremolo. The one I have now I got freshman year of high school and it's pretty cheap, bolt-on neck. If I did this though, I'd be sacrificing all the wiring modifications my dad and I did, adding the extra pots, pickup swapping, etc.

I'm still banking on my dad's graduation promise for me: A Gibson Les Paul. He asked me if I would rather have a Tele but they're not my style, and I don't like the way their necks and the Strat necks feel.
  • Like 3

So a couple of days ago I saw my old 1986 Gibson Les Paul Custom in the same guitar shop that I sold it to back in early January 2013. It had been purchased a week letter by a professional touring musician who toured with it for a year and a half, playing to 5,000-10,000 people a night. Three weeks ago, he traded it back to the guitar shop for something different. Now I am buying it back!

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/Guitar%20Gear/20141021_134532_zpsrwz0isus.jpg

Very cool!! :ebert:

• Like 1

That's a divorceable offense.

Talk about blowing a possible sale. :LOL:

• Like 1