New Avengers trailer released after leak

Lost In Xanadu

Looks awesome. One thing I didn't really like though is that they're using the "this is the end, the end of the path I started" trope. Anyone who has been paying attention to the teasers knows that Avengers 3/Thanos is the end. However, that line could easily be explained away if the path is the creation of Jarvis and the Iron Man suits and Ultron is an amalgamation of the two.

Anyone who has been paying attention to the teasers knows that Avengers 3/Thanos is the end.

This worries me. Will the film producers be able to do Thanos any justice? The character is, according to the comic storyline, one of the most powerful, godlike villains in the universe. I fear the film making Thanos into just another power-mad alien with an invading fleet. :huh:

Anyone who has been paying attention to the teasers knows that Avengers 3/Thanos is the end.

This worries me. Will the film producers be able to do Thanos any justice? The character is, according to the comic storyline, one of the most powerful, godlike villains in the universe. I fear the film making Thanos into just another power-mad alien with an invading fleet. :huh:

They can. Thanos is not that powerful on his own when put against 2-3 of the more powerful avengers. With the gauntlet nothing changes. Throw in a few stones and he's more powerful than the Avengers. Throw in all 6 and technically speaking, he's God. He can manipulate any facet of time and space on a whim.

All they have to do is give him a select subset of the stones + the gauntlet and have the plot centered around stopping him before he gets them all. I'd say give him the Soul (steal powers and manipulate the nature of others), Mind (mind control -- seen as Lokis staff), Space (teleportation -- seen as the Tesseract) and maybe Power (Guardians of The Galaxy) or Reality (Thor 2) and he's still beatable without being unbeatably powerful or resulting to the "oh you could never defeat us without the gauntlet so take it off and fight like a man" cliche.

It's doable. It may not be the end all Avengers movie, but it certainly is doable.

• Like 1

You know when I've lost it is when I've misread the thread title. Yet again.

First thing I thought of was a reboot for Mrs Peel and John Steed.

:facepalm:

I think I'll leave now while I've still got some dignity.

( :P )