Where is your favorite Chinese takeout located?

Aikenrooster

Tell me where your favorite Chinese takeout is located and perhaps I will be able to eat there one day. I will give some of my favorites, that I've recently been to, too.

1. Hong Kong Restaurant located at the intersection of Snow Road and Smith Road in Brook Park, OH (Cleveland airport vicinity). Always hot and fresh. Place is always busy and the food is fresh. Very friendly people.

My favorite was in DC's Chinatown... forget the name, it's been a while but I could find it again. They had the crispiest, spiciest orange chicken I've ever had. Absolutely perfect.

Now, in the Milwaukee area is a place called Chinese Chef on the corner of Appleton and Congress. You'd drive by it 100 times if you didn't know it was there, just a little takeout place, no seating. All homemade food, and the hand rolled egg rolls are by far the best I've ever had.

• Like 1

The best and most consistent I've ever had is any Chinese takeout from Hy-Vee, a midwestern grocery chain.

I'll give up any takeout for a trip to HuHot, though. Best Asian food period.

Really? I saw a HuHot in Dubuque, last weekend. Shall I try it next time I'm there?

That reminds me of a recommendation:

2. Great Dragon, located in the Target plaza, off of US20, in Dubuque, IA. I ordered "7 stars around the moon," and made 2 meals of it. Delicious.

The best and most consistent I've ever had is any Chinese takeout from Hy-Vee, a midwestern grocery chain.

I'll give up any takeout for a trip to HuHot, though. Best Asian food period.

Really? I saw a HuHot in Dubuque, last weekend. Shall I try it next time I'm there?

That reminds me of a recommendation:

2. Great Dragon, located in the Target plaza, off of US20, in Dubuque, IA. I ordered "7 stars around the moon," and made 2 meals of it. Delicious.

Yes. Go to HuHot. It's all you can eat, and it's a Mongolian grill, so you pick what you eat, then there's like a dozen different sauces ranging mild-spicy so you're creating your own recipes.

My favorite was in DC's Chinatown... forget the name, it's been a while but I could find it again. They had the crispiest, spiciest orange chicken I've ever had. Absolutely perfect.

Now, in the Milwaukee area is a place called Chinese Chef on the corner of Appleton and Congress. You'd drive by it 100 times if you didn't know it was there, just a little takeout place, no seating. All homemade food, and the hand rolled egg rolls are by far the best I've ever had.

In DC, I would go to Tony Cheng's Seafood Restaurant.

I've slacked off Chinese take out of late. Too much crappy Cantonese and not enough Szechuan, IMHO. But two places stand out.

The Old China Restaurant in Ypsilant, MI. Great Szechuan, and pan fried noodle dishes to die for.

The Fu King Chinese restaurant in Lake City, FL.

I've slacked off Chinese take out of late. Too much crappy Cantonese and not enough Szechuan, IMHO. But two places stand out.

The Old China Restaurant in Ypsilant, MI. Great Szechuan, and pan fried noodle dishes to die for.

Ah, I go to Michigan a lot. I'll have to try and get to that one. I'll Google map it. Thanks!

Ah, I go to Michigan a lot. I'll have to try and get to that one. I'll Google map it. Thanks!

Sorry that should read Ypsilanti, MI (east of Ann Arbor)-my bad.

There's a great Dim Sum place in the same shopping center as a Chinese market near Bird Rd. in Miami called Kon Chau. It's a very small, family-owned place where they keep a Buddhist shrine in the cabinets for good luck. Hard to find and not much on atmosphere, but very good.

"The food's how good? Fu King good!"
  • Like 2

There's a great Dim Sum place in the same shopping center as a Chinese market near Bird Rd. in Miami called Kon Chau. It's a very small, family-owned place where they keep a Buddhist shrine in the cabinets for good luck. Hard to find and not much on atmosphere, but very good.

Dim sum! :dweez:

"The food's how good? Fu King good!"

:LOL:

I had to read it twice,

I thought it was Fu*****, :P

Yeah, I knew what you meant, but maybe they're out of business or changed names. Google Maps no find.

Yeah, I knew what you meant, but maybe they're out of business or changed names. Google Maps no find.

Out of biz, the location (505 W Cross St.) is now called Stufd, listed as a burrito joint.

Edited by pjbear05

I normally don't suggest or eat buffets, but this one is The Best: Chinese buffet, US60 and Main street, in Sikeston, MO. It used to be a Ryans, but now a Chinese buffet. They kept ALL of the food warmers, and they're all full of chinese, american, and Italian food. Yummy.

Tasty China in Marietta is awesomely delicious. It's not terribly far off of I-75, and if you decide to try it and don't let me know first so we can meet up, you're going to hear about it!

there's a restaurant called China Garden not too far from my city. my family used to go there a lot.

Great Lakes Chinese Restaurant, East 44th street, Wyoming, MI.

Currently, this place is number 1 on my list. The food is very fresh. The fried rice is fresh and had bean sprouts in it. The food is not saturated in soy/teriyaki/gravy/sauce/msg. It's fresh. Egg rolls crisp and fresh.

A little expensive, but, you have to pay for quality.

Evergreen Chinese Restaurant in Tonga. During one trip to Tonga I went there several times with Chinese and Chinese-American people, and everyone thought it was fabulous. It was not tainted with American-style dishes.