Pick one song they should play next tour

savagegrace26

Even though Xanadu is my favorite Rush song, everyone that's hoping for it is hoping too high. I would love to hear Jacob's Ladder.

I won't say that Xanadu is unrealistic, necessarily, but I agree completely about Jacob's Ladder!

Fountain of Lamneth. Maybe then I can finally know what Geddy yells in Didacts and Narpets.

II. Didacts and Narpets

Stay! Go!

Work! No!

Learn! Live!

Earn! Give!

Stay or fight? What's right?

Listen!

The "Stay or fight?" and "What's right?" lines I've seen in some online lyrics, and I've also seen people say other things. I know that when Neil was asked about them a long time ago, he basically said he didn't remember. What you've written seems most plausible to me, but no matter how hard I try and I don't hear those words in the song.

Fountain of Lamneth. Maybe then I can finally know what Geddy yells in Didacts and Narpets.

II. Didacts and Narpets

Stay! Go!

Work! No!

Learn! Live!

Earn! Give!

Stay or fight? What's right?

Listen!

The "Stay or fight?" and "What's right?" lines I've seen in some online lyrics, and I've also seen people say other things. I know that when Neil was asked about them a long time ago, he basically said he didn't remember. What you've written seems most plausible to me, but no matter how hard I try and I don't hear those words in the song.

Before you were born and the internet was young, I remember relying on things like this for my Rush knowledge:

http://www.nimitz.net/rush/faq2ans.html#57

• Like 1

LedRush busting out the old archives............well played. Did you use a dial-up connection or get an actual fax?

Dial-up...back in the days when they said 14,400 was the fastest possible connection.

• Like 1

CUT TO THE CHASE

Unlike other great songs they should play, this one does not carry the excuse of "Geddy can't sing it anymore". It is a kick-ass song, it sounds like a "live" song...and I still cannot believe it has never been played live. Plus, I've seen it pop up a lot on many people's short lists of songs they would like to see...it simply makes too much sense.

Please Boys...make it happen on the next tour!

• Like 2

Even though Xanadu is my favorite Rush song, everyone that's hoping for it is hoping too high. ...

Why?

I just think that it's too far out of Geddy's vocal range. I was listening to a version of it on a Roll The Bones bootleg and it sounded like he was straining.

I don't think so personally. They played it on R30...and it sounded fantastic from what I remember! :haz:

• Like 1

I was listening to the survey of of the song picks they haven't played and still wonder why Cut to the Chase has never been played. Seems like a good high energy concert song. I see it's ranked fairly high right now. I wonder if the reason they've never played it was because the solo is a beast. I'm wondering if Al could still handle it.

I was listening to the survey of of the song picks they haven't played and still wonder why Cut to the Chase has never been played. Seems like a good high energy concert song. I see it's ranked fairly high right now. I wonder if the reason they've never played it was because the solo is a beast. I'm wondering if Al could still handle it.

Welcome to the forum.... :cheers:
  • Like 1

Oh yeah, I'm sure Alex can handle that one. He destroyed the Analog Kid solo on the last

tour!

Oh yeah, I'm sure Alex can handle that one. He destroyed the Analog Kid solo on the last

tour!

I would agree. I think he could handle it just fine. I always thought it sounded like a kick butt live song.

• Like 1

tour!

I would agree. I think he could handle it just fine. I always thought it sounded like a kick butt live song.

Its not my "era" by a long shot but I would tend to agree with this song live.....
  • Like 2

tour!

Its not my "era" by a long shot but I would tend to agree with this song live.....

No mine either but I like this song a lot.

• Like 2

Haven't read the responses yet and I'm sure Lorraine mentioned Xanadu already so hmmm.. Probably a waste of time wishing for Cygnus/Hemisperes.. I think I'm ready to hear natural science again..
  • Like 2

Haven't read the responses yet and I'm sure Lorraine mentioned Xanadu already so hmmm.. Probably a waste of time wishing for Cygnus/Hemisperes.. I think I'm ready to hear natural science again..

Yes, I did. :)

Yes, it would be. :(

So am I. :)

I would love to hear anything up to and through Signals that hasn't been played to death the past few years.

• Like 1