GD Free Week

Lost In Xanadu

No post credit for Grand Designs  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be up for it for a week?

2. 2. Would you be up for it for a day?

What would you say to a week without posts in Grand Designs counting towards your post count? Just for fun... but everything goes back to normal after that week.

Would those that post a lot in there be interested to see what their post count would be without those posts in GD counting? Would the admins be up for facilitating this little experiment?

If a week is too much, what about only for a day?

What would you say to a week without posts in Grand Designs counting towards your post count? Just for fun... but everything goes back to normal after that week.

Would those that post a lot in there be interested to see what their post count would be without those posts in GD counting? Would the admins be up for facilitating this little experiment?

How about the :rush: thread instead? :LOL:

• Like 1

Not for a week. Too many people who value quantity over quality wouldn't be able to handle it and would resort to spamming the other subforums.
  • Like 4

Speaking only for myself, that is the only place I feel comfortable posting. This is, after all, The Rush Forum.

I don't like discussing my personal life on the internet. I don't care enough to argue over or discuss politics. I don't watch movies or listen to much music other than Rush. Not because I don't like music, but because it has ceased to be #1 in my life, and I don't have that many cds anyway. Not much for playing games either. Or into eating. And I don't drink wine or any alcohol.

Not much left other than the Rush subsection.

:huh:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Speaking only for myself, that is the only place I feel comfortable posting. This is, after all, The Rush Forum.

I don't like discussing my personal life on the internet. I don't care enough to argue over or discuss politics. I don't watch movies or listen to much music other than Rush. Not because I don't like music, but because it has ceased to be #1 in my life, and I don't have that many cds anyway. Not much for playing games either.

My point was,

There are so many silly threads over there now. I did just post some thing though. :P

Edited by troutman

I don't like discussing my personal life on the internet. I don't care enough to argue over or discuss politics. I don't watch movies or listen to much music other than Rush. Not because I don't like music, but because it has ceased to be #1 in my life, and I don't have that many cds anyway. Not much for playing games either.

My point was,

There are so many silly threads over there now. I did just post some thing though. :P

Oh? I will go see what kind of Rush man you are. :LOL: ;) ;) ;)

• Like 1

Who thinks about this shite at all?? My post count is just an accident...I hardly even look at it. Lerxt PMed me a while back about 50,000 posts I was like, "how many?? Get our of here!!" Then I realised I was heading toward top poster on the forum. So I quit posting in certain threads to slow down. I'll have to slow down again soon, I'm getting too close to the top. Who wants to be that guy at the top? Not me! It's kind of embarrassing. :oops:
  • Like 1

Who thinks about this shite at all?? My post count is just an accident...I hardly even look at it. Lerxt PMed me a while back about 50,000 posts I was like, "how many?? Get our of here!!" Then I realised I was heading toward top poster on the forum. So I quit posting in certain threads to slow down. I'll have to slow down again soon, I'm getting too close to the top. Who wants to be that guy at the top? Not me! It's kind of embarrassing. :oops:

My post count merely represents my bounty :scared:

• Like 2

Why do people care about how many posts others have?

I've never understood this, either.

Me neither. I've always thought that the amount of likes that you get should be better than the amount of posts you post.

Anyway, personally I don't post in GD much unless it's the cat thread. I used to more than I do now though.

You're post count is like a bald guy wearing a toupee. It's not real. ;)
  • Like 5

Why do people care about how many posts others have?

Good question. Another one: Why do people care about people who care about how many posts others have?

• Like 2

You're post count is like a bald guy wearing a toupee. It's not real. ;)

Kinda disappointed you didn't go the fake boob route.

OK, this was just a reason to post...

• Like 2

Not for a week. Too many people who value quantity over quality wouldn't be able to handle it and would resort to spamming the other subforums.

People know that spam isn't allowed outside of GD (at least, I would like to think they do). In fact, GD isn't supposed to be a spam forum at all -- it's supposed to be for word games and silly humor, and maybe a spam thread for those few who think an artificially-inflated post count means something.

Disabling post counts in GD hurts those who go in there to use the forum as it was originally intended, Instead, maybe we should pare down the amount of spam threads?

People know that spam isn't allowed outside of GD (at least, I would like to think they do). In fact, GD isn't supposed to be a spam forum at all -- it's supposed to be for word games and silly humor, and maybe a spam thread for those few who think an artificially-inflated post count means something.

Disabling post counts in GD hurts those who go in there to use the forum as it was originally intended, Instead, maybe we should pare down the amount of spam threads?

I know about the no-spam rule outside of GD, but I'm not sure certain people could contain themselves. More effort for you to cruise around the board deleting shit and warning people.

I'm good with paring down the spam threads. I rarely bother with GD precisely because so much of it is spam.

• Like 1