Get off my lawn!

Lost In Xanadu

This thread is for old people to complain about those damn kids...

...and you damn kids can agree that the kids discussed are horrible, or try to defend them... have fun with it!

For me... I was heading to Sports Authority. I was making a right onto a street, and then at the next light I had to make a left to get into SA. I turn right, and see the light ahead is green. Halfway between the street I turned off of and the street I had to turn onto was a flock of teenager, 5 or 6 of them - all male. They were wandering across the street, forcing me to slam on my brakes. They gave me a sideways look, so after they all took their time getting across, I rolled down my window and said "hey guys, there are crosswalks for a reason."

Anyone guess their reaction? 3 of them all gave me the finger! Yup - my fault, of course.

• Like 1

...and you damn kids can agree that the kids discussed are horrible, or try to defend them... have fun with it!

For me... I was heading to Sports Authority. I was making a right onto a street, and then at the next light I had to make a left to get into SA. I turn right, and see the light ahead is green. Halfway between the street I turned off of and the street I had to turn onto was a flock of teenager, 5 or 6 of them - all male. They were wandering across the street, forcing me to slam on my brakes. They gave me a sideways look, so after they all took their time getting across, I rolled down my window and said "hey guys, there are crosswalks for a reason."

Anyone guess their reaction? 3 of them all gave me the finger! Yup - my fault, of course.

I encounter this sh** all the time!,

They have no respect for drivers and act as if the road was built for them. The parents are the ones who should get most of the blame.

• Like 2

They have no respect for drivers and act as if the road was built for them. The parents are the ones who should get most of the blame.

After I rolled my window back up and drove away, I realized what I likely did as I saw them watching me to see where I was going. I was worried they were going to come follow me to my car and do something to it while I was shopping. They were almost to the video game store when I parked so I figured I was safe.

• Like 1

Sorry. If i had known it was you i swear i would have been nicer.
  • Like 3

After I rolled my window back up and drove away, I realized what I likely did as I saw them watching me to see where I was going. I was worried they were going to come follow me to my car and do something to it while I was shopping. They were almost to the video game store when I parked so I figured I was safe.

Yeah,

It happens to me closer to home. I watch where they are going and when I get home I just wait and see if they are going to double back and try some thing.

We border a golf course and thus end up with a fair number of stray golf balls in the yard, much of which is wooded with a pretty steep hill. Kids like to come hunt for the golf balls, but I don't want them in my yard because:

1- they make too much noise and drive the dogs crazy. I WANT my dogs to bark at unfamiliar people on the property - we've currently got a lot of shit living in the neighborhood - so I'm not training them out of that habit.

2- If the kids get hurt from tumbling down the hill, or trapping a leg in between some tree branches, or get stung by something - guess whose homeowner's insurance gets dinged?

I had to shoo off one adult male in a golf cart who drove all the way over to search our property for golf balls - I'm sure he cleans them up and sells them. He came out of the wooded area with a bunch of them in his shirt; I very nicely said, "Please stay off of our property." He apologized and said he would. The second time it happened I threatened to report him for trespass. I haven't seen him again.

I'd love a fence, but unfortunately the terrain of the property makes that a very expensive proposition.

We border a golf course and thus end up with a fair number of stray golf balls in the yard, much of which is wooded with a pretty steep hill. Kids like to come hunt for the golf balls, but I don't want them in my yard because:

1- they make too much noise and drive the dogs crazy. I WANT my dogs to bark at unfamiliar people on the property - we've currently got a lot of shit living in the neighborhood - so I'm not training them out of that habit.

2- If the kids get hurt from tumbling down the hill, or trapping a leg in between some tree branches, or get stung by something - guess whose homeowner's insurance gets dinged?

I had to shoo off one adult male in a golf cart who drove all the way over to search our property for golf balls - I'm sure he cleans them up and sells them. He came out of the wooded area with a bunch of them in his shirt; I very nicely said, "Please stay off of our property." He apologized and said he would. The second time it happened I threatened to report him for trespass. I haven't seen him again.

I'd love a fence, but unfortunately the terrain of the property makes that a very expensive proposition.

I've played many courses with homes off the property (heck even lived in a house on a GC in MD for a while) and have seen many signs like http://www.myparkingsign.com/img/lg/K/out-of-bounds-sign-k-0245.png

Can you put these up? maybe put a few of these up where possible and string some barbed wire between them :LOL:

• Like 2

I've played many courses with homes off the property (heck even lived in a house on a GC in MD for a while) and have seen many signs like http://www.myparkingsign.com/img/lg/K/out-of-bounds-sign-k-0245.png

Can you put these up? maybe put a few of these up where possible and string some barbed wire between them :LOL:

This is good thinking. Add in lasers, hell hounds, swinging scythes, and a "This is MARA'S house" sign, and not even the annoyingly persistent golf-cart guy will dare to trespass again.

• Like 2

Sorry. If i had known it was you i swear i would have been nicer.

WTF were you doing in Milwaukee? Did you fly in for the cupcake convention??

mebbe...

This is good thinking. Add in lasers, hell hounds, swinging scythes, and a "This is MARA'S house" sign, and not even the annoyingly persistent golf-cart guy will dare to trespass again.

:laughing guy:

There actually is a barbed-wire topped fence between us and the golf course, so I don't have problems with the golfers (other than their crappy aim). The guy who came looking for stray balls actually had the stones to park his golf cart in my driveway and go hunting for Titleists.

• Like 2

There actually is a barbed-wire topped fence between us and the golf course, so I don't have problems with the golfers (other than their crappy aim). The guy who came looking for stray balls actually had the stones to park his golf cart in my driveway and go hunting for Titleists.

Seriously?

What an idiot! :facepalm: You try that sh** up here in a lot of places and your just asking for trouble.

The guy who came looking for stray balls actually had the stones to park his golf cart in my driveway and go hunting for Titleists.

This is what I mean about people. I would never do something like that any more than I would block someones driveway the way people block mine when the man across the street is having one of his 40 garage sales during the summer. Or drive up on and over someones front lawn in order to turn around.

• Like 1

I think it comes from this new sense of entitlement everyone has.

:goodone:

It's very sad that's for sure. Some of the places where we fish you best be respectful and know where your walking. Most property owners are cool but respect is every thing.

• Like 1