Which album started Rush's "decline"?

savagegrace26

Which album started Rush's "decline"?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Which album started Rush's "decline"?

• Rush
    • Fly By Night
    • Caress of Steel
    • A Farewell to Kings
    • Hemispheres
    • Permanent Waves
    • Moving Pictures
    • Signals
    • Grace Under Pressure
    • Power Windows
    • Hold Your Fire
    • Presto
    • Roll the Bones
    • Counterparts
    • Test for Echo
    • Vapor Trails
    • Feedback
    • Snakes and Arrows
    • Clockwork Angels
    • Rush started declining before they released their first album
    • Rush have been constantly ascending
    • No decline whatsoever; Rush are a progressive band so they are always "progressing"
    • The band has never declined, the listener has.
    • I "decline" to participate in this poll.

He wasn't a troll. Trolls provoke and like to stir up the dust and cause confusion more often than not. Trolls like to pit people against one another.

Spaghetti might not have fit the Rush fan mold, but at least he was honest about who he was.

He was also a bit to honest in expressing his views of others. And i cannot recall a single nice thing he ever said, and he showed a gross lack of respect concerning other fans views and opinions.

He showed a gross lack of respect concerning other fans views and opinions? Then he fit right in here.

He could be very nice, but you aren't in this section that much, Segue, so you probably missed those occasions.

He also had a good sense of humor, when he kept it within bounds.

Look, I know he went over the top, and he should not have written what he did, and that his humor could be gross and off, but tell me, does he make everyone else here feel better about themselves? Is that what this is all about?

You have got to be kidding me. Why are you standing up for him? It's like an abused wife who thinks her husband wont keep beating her and will reform. There's just a certain amount of respect people should have when they post on a public forum. He had none of that.

Agreed.

But the odd occasion he was very likablle

• Like 1

He wasn't a troll. Trolls provoke and like to stir up the dust and cause confusion more often than not. Trolls like to pit people against one another.

Spaghetti might not have fit the Rush fan mold, but at least he was honest about who he was.

He was also a bit to honest in expressing his views of others. And i cannot recall a single nice thing he ever said, and he showed a gross lack of respect concerning other fans views and opinions.

He showed a gross lack of respect concerning other fans views and opinions? Then he fit right in here.

He could be very nice, but you aren't in this section that much, Segue, so you probably missed those occasions.

Look, I know he went over the top, and he should not have written what he did, and that his humor could be gross and off, but tell me, does he make everyone else here feel better about themselves? Is that what this is all about?

You have got to be kidding me. Why are you standing up for him? It's like an abused wife who thinks her husband wont keep beating her and will reform. There's just a certain amount of respect people should have when they post on a public forum. He had none of that.

Agreed.

But the odd occasion he was very likablle

If you say so. I never saw that.

Standing up for him? I stated my opinion about him.

Exactly.

Exactly.

Did you really let Spaghetti get to you that much? Why does it bother you that other people don't hate him?
  • Like 1

Exactly.

Did you really let Spaghetti get to you that much? Why does it bother you that other people don't hate him?

It has nothing to do with hatred. I didn't hate him personally, I had no feelings towards him at all because he didn't do anything to earn any respect. But I am a bit disappointed and slightly amazed that anyone could think that what he posted was okay. I think people should have respect and decency. Is that too much to ask?

• Like 1

Exactly.

It has nothing to do with hatred. I didn't hate him personally, I had no feelings towards him at all because he didn't do anything to earn any respect. But I am a bit disappointed and slightly amazed that anyone could think that what he posted was okay. I think people should have respect and decency. Is that too much to ask?

Occasionally he posted some very interesting views on albums. But I think by that point people were so sick of him they just ignored it.

No offense guys, I tried to help him out, I don't wish him any ill will at all, and had he been more tactful with his playfulness I would have enjoyed his company.

I don't miss him. But if he was to return under a different guise, I'd be happy if he simply tried to keep crazy without the endless barrage of childish.comments. because we are all adults here. Full of wisdom and understanding, knowledge that we have gained...EAT MY POO

Well i can only speak for myself. Every time i felt myself warming up to him........which happened on occasion. He'd say 50 moronic things that made me want to punch him in the mouth.

I don't miss him.

Mick

• Like 1

Burn me at the stake.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to single you out because I've seen other people do the same thing. I just find it surprising that so many people seem to be afraid to stand up for decency and grown-up behavior. There are ways to express an opinion without resorting to foul language.

• Like 1

Burn me at the stake.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to single you out because I've seen other people do the same thing. I just find it surprising that so many people seem to be afraid to stand up for decency and grown-up behavior. There are ways to express an opinion without resorting to foul language.

Eagle, it is hard to have this discussion with you because you know that I consider you a friend. But, if you go about this forum, you will find foul language galore. As for grown-up behavior, I sometimes wonder.

Read my initial post again. I know that he went over the top. I know he had an inordinate hatred for Neil. I know that he often posted pictures or wrote posts that were in really bad taste.

But for all that, I still think he wasn't a bad man, and I did like him.

• Like 1

I can't even remember why I ended up blocking the cat . . . I can be a grosser with the grossest of them, but there was something he said that I found pretty damned foul, and it was kind of a "that's it" moment. Too much sauce in his noodle-noggin . . .
  • Like 2

Any link to the thread that got him banned?

http://www.therushfo...em/page__st__40

Post #20 of the linked thread.

It was a list of ten or so questions mostly relating to Neil's "friendship" with brutus. He put a lot of work into it. I had a feeling that I should screencap but it was already too late.

That's not very helpful. Can anyone PM me what he said (or the gist of it, anyway)?

It's doubtful many besides 73 saw it given that it was posted at 3:03 CDT. Maybe Tony did since he responded.

I never saw it. Even without seeing it I have an idea what he said, and if I'm right it's not worth knowing.

I saw it. I think the part that got him banned was about Neil's wife and Brutus (you remember his... fascination with Brutus, right?)

It was a list of ten or so questions mostly relating to Neil's "friendship" with brutus. He put a lot of work into it. I had a feeling that I should screencap but it was already too late.

Some things are better lost to history.

• Like 3

Burn me at the stake.

Eagle, it is hard to have this discussion with you because you know that I consider you a friend. But, if you go about this forum, you will find foul language galore. As for grown-up behavior, I sometimes wonder.

Read my initial post again. I know that he went over the top. I know he had an inordinate hatred for Neil. I know that he often posted pictures or wrote posts that were in really bad taste.

But for all that, I still think he wasn't a bad man, and I did like him.

The only thing that bothered me is when he posted those beastility-style horse pics. If he should've been banned for anything, it should've been for that.

• Like 2