What is the Rush live album you listen to most?

YYZumbi

35 members have voted

1. 1. What is the Rush live album you listen to most?

• All The World's A Stage
    • Exit... Stage Left
    • Grace Under Pressure 1984 Tour
    • A Show Of Hands
    • Different Stages
    • Rush In Rio
    • R30: 30th Anniversary World Tour
    • Snakes & Arrows Live
    • Time Machine Live In Cleveland 2011
    • Clockwork Angels Tour

ATWAS is one of the best live albums ever made. The excitement and energy have never been matched on other Rush releases.

Agreed (though this is in no way a "truth" ;)). The raw energy of the recording puts it ahead of even RIR, and it's much better recorded.

• Like 1

ATWAS is one of the best live albums ever made. The excitement and energy have never been matched on other Rush releases.

Agreed (though this is in no way a "truth" ;)). The raw energy of the recording puts it ahead of even RIR, and it's much better recorded.

The energy of the ATWAS hippie white people crowd can no way compare to the maniacal out of control Brazilians singing along and foaming at the mouth...

This is a truth.

The energy of the ATWAS hippie white people crowd can no way compare to the maniacal out of control Brazilians singing along and foaming at the mouth...

This is a truth.

Not just of the crowd, but of the band as well.

This^^^^ all day.....

Rio. The energy of the band and the crowd is insane, and there's lots of great material spanning their career up to that point.

Had ATWAS been recorded during say, the Hemispheres tour I'd probably like it more than I currently do.

This is a truth.

Not just of the crowd, but of the band as well.

I forgot about that raw youngs boys going at it thing...

• Like 1

The playing on ATWAS is also sloppy and unrefined.

They werent "made" as a live act yet.

To some people, that adds to the experience. That "garage band" feel is quite appealing to some people. Rush today is known for their extravagant touring setups and to some people, especially the older members, it's a turnoff.

• Like 2

To some people, that adds to the experience. That "garage band" feel is quite appealing to some people. Rush today is known for their extravagant touring setups and to some people, especially the older members, it's a turnoff.

Really? Thanks....

Some of this statement rings true but in my opinion that its one of the best live albums ever made by anyone and the best ever by them is far more important than the details as to why. Just my opinion of course and most likely the opinion of many....
  • Like 1

Considering I only listen to ATWAS, ESL, and Different Stages Disc 3, I will go with ESL. Probably listen to ATWAS more, but felt sorry for ESL since it had no votes and didn't want it to get depressed. I stopped getting the live albums once they put out one every tour and don't listen to ASOH as it focuses on the thin sounding 80s material.
  • Like 1

Different Stages only because it's the one I haven't heard the most. ATWAS is a great album but I heard it so much years ago but I can't listen to it much now.

Clockwork Angels Tour, it's the first live album I got to anticipate from them. Time Machine Tour was off the radar for me, despite being a fan. And S&A live was still unavailable to me. And it's based on the first Rush show I've ever been to so there's something really special about the album. I know the mix is awful and Geddy's voice isn't too great, but the overall experience is very enjoyable for me. I love the setlist, and the orchestra's additions to Manhattan Project & Dreamline & YYZ. Great album
  • Like 1

Earlier in my life (and my Rush history), it was All the World's a Stage. But over the past four years or so, it's been Snakes and Arrows Live. I think the setlist and the performances on that tour were really exceptional.

I've probably listenened to Different Stages the most, but I don't listen to full albums much anymore.

Disc 3 when and if I do. I may need to pull this off the shelf...

Earlier in my life (and my Rush history), it was All the World's a Stage. But over the past four years or so, it's been Snakes and Arrows Live. I think the setlist and the performances on that tour were really exceptional.

Yeah, ATWAS used to be a staple back in the day. The background to many a get together...

sloppy and unrefined? thats rock music

all their live albums after ATWAS are pretty much best-of compilations with crowd noise

• Like 3