What is the Rush studio album you listen to least?

YYZumbi

90 members have voted

1. 1. What is the Rush studio album you listen to least?

• RUSH
    • Fly By Night
    • Caress Of Steel
    • A Farewell To Kings
    • Hemispheres
    • Permanent Waves
    • Moving Pictures
    • Signals
    • Grace Under Pressure
    • Power Windows
    • Hold Your Fire
    • Presto
    • Roll The Bones
    • Counterparts
    • Test For Echo
    • Vapor Trails (Original or Remixed dosent matter)
    • Snakes & Arrows
    • Clockwork Angels

S&A and Clockwork have pretty much been drinking coasters for me. 'Snakes' almost got frisbeed out of my car's window at 50mph because I was so pissed off at how lame most of it was after all the build up and praise, especially around these parts

(OMG IT'S THE BEST RUSH ALBUM EVER, ITS LIKE 2112 AND MOVING PICTURES TIMES 10 I CAN'T STOP LISTENING TO THIS MAGIC!!) :eyeroll:

Edited by jnoble
  • Like 1

S&A and Clockwork have pretty much been drinking coasters for me. 'Snakes' almost got frisbeed out of my car's window at 50mph because I was so pissed off at how lame most of it was after all the build up and praise, especially around these parts

(OMG IT'S THE BEST RUSH ALBUM EVER, ITS LIKE 2112 AND MOVING PICTURES TIMES 10 I CAN'T STOP LISTENING TO THIS MAGIC!!) :eyeroll:

O my i agree!

By far Snakes and Arrows.....I gave it a couple tries listening last year and it came back to me as why I really disliked it. I mean every other album there's a song or three that stand out even if the rest Is crap. However, S&A there just really isn't one......loved the tour though...traveled to see several of the shows which helped jumped me up to now 49 shows.

Hold Your Fire because its my least favorite. But there's some albums that I really have to be in the mood to listen to or else I won't enjoy it as much.

Historically it has been VT, Tried to like it when it came out and just could not (at all). Since Christmas I gave the remastered version a couple of listens and wow - what an improvement from the original!! Not that it will even come close to being a favorite - far from it. The amount of the improvement is just a reflection of how bad the original is (to my ears).

So, voted for VT but that is a vote that may change in the future. It is very possible that the remasterd version may pass CoS by and dump CoS into the very bottom of the Rush albums and consequently cause me to change my vote to CoS.

Other possible contenders for the title of least listened to Rush album could include Rush and RTB.

For me, it's Caress of Steel. Just can't get into it. I think of it this way: take CoS, 2112, and Hemispheres (all proggy, multi-faceted albums with side-long suites), and personify them as three sisters. 2112 is the friendly, popular girl that everyone's friends with. Hemispheres is the strong-willed girl you have a goddess-like reverence for, and you don't ask out because you know you're not worthy. Caress of Steel is like the uglier, older one that might make you feel good for 5 minutes (Bastille Day) but then you step back and view it as a whole and are like "No...just no...I can do better."

Note: I do NOT condone the objectification of women in any way...I was just using the vague comparison to show how I feel about CoS.

Rush is definitely the album I listen to least. I don't hate it, but there's no way I would have ever owned it if it hadn't been Rush. Most of the lyrics are tedious retreads of standard rock-101 fare. Sure the music is excellent, but a lot of bands were doing the same thing with better words.

But the playing is worth listening to. The promise of greatness was there and knowing who they became it's really cool hearing where they were.

• Like 1

Choose one from Presto, Roll the Bones and Test for Echo. They all have the odd good track here and there but the rest, whilst not being bad per se (some on this site would disagree), are just a bit too 'meh' and bland.

But for me, TfE is the blandest with only really the 1st 3 tracks being ones I really like or remember for that matter.

This was a three way tie, based on what I own and what I don't, what I'll listen to and what I won't, and the rest of my musical tastes. But Vapid Trails ftw...or loss, as you deem fit.

Roll The Bones I think, though I don’t listen to any of the 90s albums that often, but I do often consider listening to CP or T4E without considering listening to RTB, so there’s that.

The debut album - no offense aimed towards the playing of

John Rutsey , but the introduction of Neil

truly made Rush the great band they become.

I really dislike this album

Agree, although I like a few of the songs.

There's nothing on Roll The Bones that I like that I can't also hear played on one of their many live albums

And on the live album it would sound 10x better.