Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Freedom_Fighter

One thing that I will be anxious to see is how they work out putting such a long book on the big screen. Books 1, 2, and 3 were nowhere near as long as book 4, and they seemed to leave a lot of stuff out of the first 3 films, so hopefully it will not be a disappointment. Even though they cut out some stuff from the previous three movies, I still thought they were awesome. I'm sure this one will be no different, but you never know. Anyone else feel this way?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Aug 10 2005, 08:37 PM)
One thing that I will be anxious to see is how they work out putting such a long book on the big screen. Books 1, 2, and 3 were nowhere near as long as book 4, and they seemed to leave a lot of stuff out of the first 3 films, so hopefully it will not be a disappointment. Even though they cut out some stuff from the previous three movies, I still thought they were awesome. I'm sure this one will be no different, but you never know. Anyone else feel this way?

Well if they did leave stuff in...it would be a 5 hour movie...which is not what they want. I have a good feeling that this movie is going to be brilliant biggrin.gif I know they leave stuff out but they kinda have to... sad.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Aug 11 2005, 08:40 AM)
One thing that I will be anxious to see is how they work out putting such a long book on the big screen.  Books 1, 2, and 3 were nowhere near as long as book 4, and they seemed to leave a lot of stuff out of the first 3 films, so hopefully it will not be a disappointment.  Even though they cut out some stuff from the previous three movies, I still thought they were awesome.  I'm sure this one will be no different, but you never know.  Anyone else feel this way?

Well if they did leave stuff in...it would be a 5 hour movie...which is not what they want. I have a good feeling that this movie is going to be brilliant biggrin.gif I know they leave stuff out but they kinda have to... sad.gif

I'm not doubting that this movie will be a flop, and of course they have to leave stuff out of it, but it would also be interesting to see what would happen if they didn't take anything out. I wonder if they would do a series of movies that make up the entire film. That would be pretty cool. laugh.gif

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Aug 11 2005, 04:57 PM)
One thing that I will be anxious to see is how they work out putting such a long book on the big screen.  Books 1, 2, and 3 were nowhere near as long as book 4, and they seemed to leave a lot of stuff out of the first 3 films, so hopefully it will not be a disappointment.  Even though they cut out some stuff from the previous three movies, I still thought they were awesome.  I'm sure this one will be no different, but you never know.  Anyone else feel this way?

I'm not doubting that this movie will be a flop, and of course they have to leave stuff out of it, but it would also be interesting to see what would happen if they didn't take anything out. I wonder if they would do a series of movies that make up the entire film. That would be pretty cool. laugh.gif

laugh.gif I would watch it!! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Aug 11 2005, 04:10 PM)
QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Aug 11 2005, 04:57 PM)

laugh.gif I would watch it!! biggrin.gif

me too, and in ideal world, that would be the way i was, but if you want to use the same actors and really film all the books in their entiretly, they'd be like 25 trying to play 16. thankfully we have the books, even if they can't be filmed with quite the grandeur that was given to lord of the rings...

QUOTE (D-13 @ Aug 19 2005, 08:13 PM)
Goblet of Fire, behind the scenes and stuff! Wicked cool I must say.

http://entimg.msn.com/i/asx/movies/HarryPo...fFire_BRoll.asx

yay! what a treat to watch this!!

i can't wait to show this to my resident HP freak!!! (my 14 yr old....)

thanx D!!!!

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Aug 20 2005, 04:51 AM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ Aug 19 2005, 08:13 PM)
Goblet of Fire, behind the scenes and stuff!  Wicked cool I must say.

http://entimg.msn.com/i/asx/movies/HarryPo...fFire_BRoll.asx

yay! what a treat to watch this!!

i can't wait to show this to my resident HP freak!!! (my 14 yr old....)

thanx D!!!!

no problem! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Oct 1 2005, 01:05 AM)
COOL! Harry Potter ipod!!!

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebO...VfdfxHVwfTjMAyQ
http://a248.e.akamai.net/7/248/2041/859/store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/iphp_topbanner.jpg

i think my daughter is getting this as a b-day/christmas gift.....

QUOTE (Signals1982 @ Oct 2 2005, 11:01 AM)
Just saw the trailer too, during Corpse Bride. Looks soooo cool!

we saw the same trailer @ the same movie last weekend

thats the same trailer floating around this board...

sooooo good!!!!!!!!!!!!

the kids are taking the day off of school and we're going to the IMAX @ greenfield village to see this flick!!!!!!!!!!!

can't flippin wait!!

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Oct 3 2005, 10:41 AM)
Chances are we'll off load the kids to grandad when this comes out as they're a bit young.

I'm going to take my 7 1/2 year old...I'm sure some will frown on that, but he's very mature, and besides, he'd kill me if I went and didn't take him. He LOVES Mr. Pottah and friends.

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Oct 3 2005, 11:41 AM)
Veritaserum has got another TV spot on line, including Draco Malfoy the ferret laugh.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif applaudit.gif

bncegrn.gif

QUOTE (Cyclops @ Sep 30 2005, 10:09 PM)
Saw a new trailer tonight when we saw Serenity. It looks so damn good.

i saw the preview when i saw serenity too cy "where the hell have you been?" clops. my wife and i both had big goofy smiles on our faces throughout and after the preview! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Oct 3 2005, 02:38 PM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ Oct 3 2005, 05:38 PM)
QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Oct 3 2005, 09:41 AM)
Veritaserum has got another TV spot on line, including Draco Malfoy the ferret laugh.gif  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif  applaudit.gif

biggrin.gif I love this site!

Too right - this and Mugglenet are great.

yes.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif yes.gif

http://entertainment.sympatico.msn.ca/cele...es/1335780.armx

sad.gif Hopefully not

Potter to quit

(BANG) - 'Harry Potter' star Daniel Radcliffe may quit playing the boy wizard.

The 16-year-old actor admitted he is considering other projects after playing bespectacled Harry for more than five years.

The teenager has already starred in four film adaptations of JK Rowling's books - but hints he may not appear in the next two.

He revealed yesterday (25.10.05): "I'm not absolutely confident that I'm doing them all. I'm definitely doing the fifth. But after that, who knows?"

Earlier this month, the star confessed he is terrified about appearing naked in a bathing scene in the upcoming 'Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire'.

He revealed on his website, danradcliffe.com: "I come in with a dressing gown on and in theory I'm naked underneath.

"I actually had a pair of flesh-coloured underwear on which is something you'd never want to wear!"

He added: "It's a really good scene, but I'm a bit nervous about seeing that in the cinema."

OK because I love Harry Potter so much and because I do visit this forum I will give you all a heads up even though I run my own movie forum on another Rush board ( In fact RF and I took it over from the legendary Jack Aubrey when he left). wink.gif

13 clips can be found here.