Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Freedom_Fighter

the other day i was at the theater to watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and a trailor for Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire came on before it. man i can't freakin wait to see this movie! the trailor just looked EXCELLENT. it looked like it has a lot more action and stuff in it than the other ones, which makes sense i guess cuz the book had more action than the first 3 too.

and is it just me or does Hermione get better-looking in every movie? i'm serious, she looks even hotter in Goblet of Fire than she was in Prisoner of Azkaban!

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a die-hard Harry Potter fan I'm really looking forward to Goblet of Fire as, with the exception of HBP, its my favourite of the books.

As for Emma WAtson eho plays Hermione, it'll be legal next year ph34r.gif

OMG I can't wait either!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://wyldwytch.com/style_emoticons/default/mf_w00t2.gif

http://wyldwytch.com/style_emoticons/default/mf_laughbounce2.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Jul 31 2005, 09:58 PM)

Is that for the film or for Hermione to turn 16.

Interestingly enough, did you realise that the actress who plays Moaning Myrtle

is actually 40 now? ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Jul 31 2005, 04:45 PM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ Jul 31 2005, 09:58 PM)

Is that for the film or for Hermione to turn 16.

Interestingly enough, did you realise that the actress who plays Moaning Myrtle

is actually 40 now? ohmy.gif

LMAO....FOR THE FILM!!!! rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif unsure.gif unsure.gif unsure.gif ph34r.gif

For Harry! and Ron! biggrin.gif LMAO!! laugh.gif

I am absolutely dying to see this...can't wait till November!

And Dan's pretty cute, but Rupert is my favorite. wink.gif

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Jul 31 2005, 04:50 PM)
As a die-hard Harry Potter fan I'm really looking forward to Goblet of Fire as, with the exception of HBP, its my favourite of the books.

laugh.gif

Well said Slaine, well said. trink39.gif

i can't wait for this movie either - the book is fantastic and exciting, however, i don't have my hopes up TOO high.

i say this after the bitter disappoinment my wife and i experienced with the third movie. i'm not saying the movie wasn't done well, in fact i thought the directing style was excellent and it was very enjoyable, BUT we made the stupid mistake of re-reading the book RIGHT before the movie came out - BIG mistake. i highly recommend no one to re-read the 4th book (if you've read it) before the movie, because when we did that we couldn't help but notice the gaping holes, the huge chunks of the book that were just ripped out. admittedly, the crucial things were there, but it really lost a good bit in the translation with some of the heart and soul being torn away in favor of getting through the plot in 140 minutes - it felt like a mad race to get it all in, and still so much had to be sacrificed. book 4 is a much bigger book, and i can only imagine what won't be in the movie...

i guess i'm just complaining in general about books being translated into movies (though the LOTR did the best job i've ever seen) - the harry potter movies are all great, but they just aren't the books - because book 4 i think is significantly better than the already great first 3 books, i have the temptation to get really excited, and i am in part, but cuatiously so - hopefully by the time the movie comes out, i'll have forgotten all the parts from the book that get hacked out of the movie...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 1 2005, 12:05 PM)
i can't wait for this movie either - the book is fantastic and exciting, however, i don't have my hopes up TOO high.

i say this after the bitter disappoinment my wife and i experienced with the third movie. i'm not saying the movie wasn't done well, in fact i thought the directing style was excellent and it was very enjoyable, BUT we made the stupid mistake of re-reading the book RIGHT before the movie came out - BIG mistake. i highly recommend no one to re-read the 4th book (if you've read it) before the movie, because when we did that we couldn't help but notice the gaping holes, the huge chunks of the book that were just ripped out. admittedly, the crucial things were there, but it really lost a good bit in the translation with some of the heart and soul being torn away in favor of getting through the plot in 140 minutes - it felt like a mad race to get it all in, and still so much had to be sacrificed. book 4 is a much bigger book, and i can only imagine what won't be in the movie...

i guess i'm just complaining in general about books being translated into movies (though the LOTR did the best job i've ever seen) - the harry potter movies are all great, but they just aren't the books - because book 4 i think is significantly better than the already great first 3 books, i have the temptation to get really excited, and i am in part, but cuatiously so - hopefully by the time the movie comes out, i'll have forgotten all the parts from the book that get hacked out of the movie...

I understand where you're coming from goob. The books are always better than the movies, and I think it's because of the simple fact that you can't cram a 800 page book like Harry Potter into 3 and a half hours of film. I am a huge fan of Harry Potter, both the books and the movies, and I've learned to accept the fact that there are going to be a lot of parts that are cut from the books that they just cannot afford to put into the movies. With that said, I try to enjoy the movies for what they're worth, and read the books for the complete story.

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Aug 1 2005, 12:40 PM)

i say this after the bitter disappoinment my wife and i experienced with the third movie.  i'm not saying the movie wasn't done well, in fact i thought the directing style was excellent and it was very enjoyable, BUT we made the stupid mistake of re-reading the book RIGHT before the movie came out - BIG mistake.  i highly recommend no one to re-read the 4th book (if you've read it) before the movie, because when we did that we couldn't help but notice the gaping holes, the huge chunks of the book that were just ripped out.  admittedly, the crucial things were there, but it really lost a good bit in the translation with some of the heart and soul being torn away in favor of getting through the plot in 140 minutes - it felt like a mad race to get it all in, and still so much had to be sacrificed.  book 4 is a much bigger book, and i can only imagine what won't be in the movie...

I understand where you're coming from goob. The books are always better than the movies, and I think it's because of the simple fact that you can't cram a 800 page book like Harry Potter into 3 and a half hours of film. I am a huge fan of Harry Potter, both the books and the movies, and I've learned to accept the fact that there are going to be a lot of parts that are cut from the books that they just cannot afford to put into the movies. With that said, I try to enjoy the movies for what they're worth, and read the books for the complete story.

agreed, and i do also accept the movies for what they are. i've seen them many, many times. my main point i guess is to try and not read the book right before you see a movie for the first time, for when it's really fresh in your head, the omissions become glaring and especially disappointing...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 1 2005, 12:58 PM)
QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Aug 1 2005, 12:40 PM)

i say this after the bitter disappoinment my wife and i experienced with the third movie.  i'm not saying the movie wasn't done well, in fact i thought the directing style was excellent and it was very enjoyable, BUT we made the stupid mistake of re-reading the book RIGHT before the movie came out - BIG mistake.  i highly recommend no one to re-read the 4th book (if you've read it) before the movie, because when we did that we couldn't help but notice the gaping holes, the huge chunks of the book that were just ripped out.  admittedly, the crucial things were there, but it really lost a good bit in the translation with some of the heart and soul being torn away in favor of getting through the plot in 140 minutes - it felt like a mad race to get it all in, and still so much had to be sacrificed.  book 4 is a much bigger book, and i can only imagine what won't be in the movie...

agreed, and i do also accept the movies for what they are. i've seen them many, many times. my main point i guess is to try and not read the book right before you see a movie for the first time, for when it's really fresh in your head, the omissions become glaring and especially disappointing...

That's why I never do. laugh.gif

i agree man. well, maybe not entirely, in that i really wasn't BITTERLY disappointed by the third movie. i still love all the movies.

but i definitely agree that the books are better than the movies, and yes the 3rd one was missing the most and seemed quite rushed. i mean really most of the stuff that was left out i don't really lament not being there, except that i cannot BELIEVE that they cut out the quidditch cup! that was the very first book that they won the quidditch cup in, it was supposed to be a big deal and all they did was just show the one game. i mean the third one was the shortest movie, i'm sure they could have added an extra twenty minutes to the movie to make a scene for the final quidditch game where they win the cup, and add some dialogue into the movie about the cup. but anyway, yea the third movie was better than the second movie IMO but a little disappointing compared to the book.

i have a good feeling about the fourth one though. i mean yea they'll probably have to leave a lot out but once again most of it is probably stuff i don't mind them cutting out, just as long as they have all the main things like the three challenges and the yule ball and the world cup and all that good stuff it'll be great.

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Jul 31 2005, 05:50 PM)

I was watching POA last night, wondering if I was the only dirty old man who was thinking this. Apparently not it seems! ph34r.gif cheer.gif

Loved all the books, and the movies. The first three books were rather short compared to books 4, 5, and 6, so it will be interesting to see how well they compress the longer books into a movie timeframe. Hopefully it'll work out alright!

Rushgoober's comments have given me an idea for another thread! High time I started one since I've been slacking lately.

signs015.gif

QUOTE (Bastille Night @ Aug 2 2005, 12:21 AM)
I was watching POA last night, wondering if I was the only dirty old man who was thinking this. Apparently not it seems! ph34r.gif cheer.gif

If you look at this picture, you should feel guilty

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/jazzbass2112/Harry%20Potter/ewhrca12.jpg

however, looking at this one maybe not

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/jazzbass2112/Harry%20Potter/snapshot20050508220453.jpg

and if you need one reason to go and see GOF, try

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/jazzbass2112/Harry%20Potter/Posey.jpg

post #5000 goes to Harry Potter biggrin.gif trink36.gif

http://www.inthecore.com/NonCGI/graemlins/witch.gif