what album got you into music?

bathory

My parents took me to Rock Fest when I was 8. Chilliwack, Trooper, Prism, Hotel California (Eagles Cover Band), Burton Cummings, BTO, Dr. Hook, April Wine were some of the big bands that were there. I was hooked that weekend.

Next year we went again and they had Loverboy, Nazareth, Kim Mitchell, Stampederes, Jerry Doucette, Georgia Satellite, Three Dog Night.

These are the two weekends that got me into Music.

• Like 2

Since I'm ancient compared to most of you, my love for music was instilled in me by my older sister who played nonstop the soundtrack from the (at the time) Broadway play West Side Story. I was about five years old.

The rest is history. :codger:

• Like 1

My parents took me to Rock Fest when I was 8. Chilliwack, Trooper, Prism, Hotel California (Eagles Cover Band), Burton Cummings, BTO, Dr. Hook, April Wine were some of the big bands that were there. I was hooked that weekend.

Next year we went again and they had Loverboy, Nazareth, Kim Mitchell, Stampederes, Jerry Doucette, Georgia Satellite, Three Dog Night.

Chilliwack and Prism! I have some Prism vinyl in the basement! And my wife is from Chilliwack, so that's gold in our house.

BC interior...represent! You been to the Okanogan?

Since I'm ancient compared to most of you, my love for music was instilled in me by my older sister who played nonstop the soundtrack from the (at the time) Broadway play West Side Story. I was about five years old.

I listened to a lot of musical soundtracks as well: Oliver!, West Side Story, Paint Your Wagon, Hair, Dr. Zhivago all come to mind. My folks were big into Ferrante & Teicher, Roger Williams. I remember this Roger Williams album vividly. Theme from Love Story, Junk, Wanderin' Star (Paint Your Wagon), Seeing You Like This, Fill the World with Love (Goodbye,Mr. Chips)...

http://s.pixogs.com/image/R-150-3484195-1332197269.jpeg

Chilliwack and Prism! I have some Prism vinyl in the basement! And my wife is from Chilliwack, so that's gold in our house.

I've driven through, but never visited.

I've driven through, but never visited.

Awesome place, especially in the summer.

I listened to a lot of musical soundtracks as well: Oliver!, West Side Story, Paint Your Wagon, Hair, Dr. Zhivago all come to mind. My folks were big into Ferrante & Teicher, Roger Williams. I remember this Roger Williams album vividly. Theme from Love Story, Junk, Wanderin' Star (Paint Your Wagon), Seeing You Like This, Fill the World with Love (Goodbye,Mr. Chips)...

http://s.pixogs.com/image/R-150-3484195-1332197269.jpeg

Ferrante & Teicher were a favorite of hers as well along with Ray Coniff. She hated rock and roll.

Music in general - likely MJ's Thriller. I wore that album out. One song that really grew on my was The Girl is Mine... which opened up my love for McCartney and the Beatles.... and rock as a whole Edited by Lost In Xanadu

well when I was about 8 or 9 i was obsessed with Aerosmith. I remember getting a CD of Devil's Got A New Disguise for Christmas and I listened to it a lot. But I've been into music for as long as I can remember, and it's always been whatever my parents liked. Even when I was a little kid I got into various bands on my own, and they were all bands that my parents liked.

Anything and everything by ABBA.

For four years they were all I played, and I still love them!

This is where it all started for me, back in the spring of '98, I was in 7th grade and I got this for my birthday...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/518ZJ5RMJHL.jpg

Second track on there was Queen "We will Rock you". So, the next cassette I bought was a Queen album "A night at the Opera"

Combination of Simon and Garfunkel's Greatest Hits and Around the World with Three Dog Night when I was in second grade (parents' albums). Made me music obsessed. Obsession moved to Elton John, then Kiss, and eventually Zeppelin, Rush, Aerosmith, etc.

This is where it all started for me, back in the spring of '98, I was in 7th grade and I got this for my birthday...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/518ZJ5RMJHL.jpg

Second track on there was Queen "We will Rock you". So, the next cassette I bought was a Queen album "A night at the Opera"

I love how "jock-rock" stadium anthems usually feature "fabulous" artists -- Freddie Mercury, Garry Glitter (Rock n Roll part 2), the Village People.

• Like 1

I don't even know... I listened to my older siblings albums like The Monkees, REO Speedwagon, Bad Company, etc.

No surprise that the album that pushed me over the cliff to start playing music and dedicating every spare moment to it was Hemispheres. :D

• Like 2

I have to thank my brother for my initial musical tastes. I was the athlete and he was the artist. I heard him listening to these great 8 track tapes (yes...I'm that old) and as he started progressing to standard cassette tapes, he would give me his old 8 tracks. One of them was Moving Pictures. My life was changed forever.
  • Like 2