2112 vs Signals

savagegrace26

2112 vs Signals  

52 members have voted

1. 1. 2112 vs Signals

Signals.

As much as 2112 is a great song. Side 2 just doesn't live up to Signals

I'll have to agree on that, Side 2 of 2112 just doesn't maintain the freshness of the title track

Other then that It is still the quintessential Rush album :)

Edited by The Cosmic Lawnmower

Gotta go with 2112 for the title track and Bangkok alone. Some of Alex's finest guitar moments in those two songs. Lessons and Something for Nothing are also awesome, and Tears and Twilight are pretty good.

I can't choose! 2112 and A Passage to Bangkok or Subdivisions and The Analog Kid? 2112's only weak spot is Lessons, which isn't even all that bad. Signals has two (Chemistry and, yes, The Weapon—don't shoot me!!!) weak songs, but more generally good ones. Man, this one's tough. I'm not voting.

Overall, Signals is more consistent.

But then again the highs on Signals sound mediocre compared to the best moments on 2112, both sides.

So I go for 2112, not only because that title track is a complete smash. 10/10

Pretty much what SG26 said. Consistently great minus Chemistry.

2112 to me is kinda like a sandwich with great bread and horrible filling. 2112 and SFN are awesome, among the band's finest work. Bangkok and Tears are alright, but Twilight Zone and Lessons are pretty bad.

2112. Both sides all day long....

Side 1 of Signals is better than side 2 of 2112 (IMO)...though Bangkok and SFN are great...Subdivisions and The Analog Kid are better...

Side 1 of Signals is better than side 2 of 2112 (IMO)...though Bangkok and SFN are great...Subdivisions and The Analog Kid are better...

But I consider Lessons every bit as good as any of those mentioned. Just my opinion....
  • Like 1

But I consider Lessons every bit as good as any of those mentioned. Just my opinion....

If everyone agreed on everything, this place would suck.

• Like 2

Mine too. But I still prefer Signals :)

And Digital Man and The Weapon, combined with Subdivisions and TAK, are as good as anything on 2112. Or better.

And Digital Man and The Weapon, combined with Subdivisions and TAK, are as good as anything on 2112. Or better.

The Weapon is great. Don't care for Digital Man at all.

Teatard.

• Like 2

Teatard.

Can't argue with that...

• Like 1