R40 box set blu ray 139$ now?

nicky6

yeah, this is very disappointing. I was already not buying it at $99 and just checked back.

WTF? The original blurays were not more than ~$20 each. I sure would like the bonus disc for my collection; but there is no way I'm going to get gouged just to be a "completest"

Other than the couple "greatest hits" packages, this will be the first Rush release that I haven't bought the day it came out in 30 years. (P/G was the first release I got the day it came out!) And, I may never buy it - unless Tony's right and it drops to $50 around Xmas....

It's even $124.99 for the Blu-ray on rush.com, so that hasn't changed. Amazon is notorious for their prices going up and down depending on time of day or whatever. Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 2

i just hope someone puts up to 97 footage on you tube so i can at least see what it looks like, or at least one clip, the clip they show in the trailer is way way too short to make out how good it was shot. Now. then i will wait till ealry next year to see how much the price drops..

Probably has to do with either supply or demand. Or both.

Based upon the market forces... there is clearly some demand. But I am not sure why... as there is plenty of supply... on something like 90% of the product.

I guess what I am saying is Hannum's axiom (often attributed to Barnum) of a sucker being born every minute trumps the economists' theory regarding supply and demand.

In other news... did you hear about the new iPhones?

Edited by WorkingAllTheTime
  • Like 1

Probably has to do with either supply or demand. Or both.

Based upon the market forces... there is clearly some demand. But I am not sure why... as there is plenty of supply... on something like 90% of the product.

I guess what I am saying is Hannum's axiom (often attributed to Barnum) of a sucker being born every minute trumps the economists' theory regarding supply and demand.

In other news... did you hear about the new iPhones?

:clap:

Was never gonna buy anyway

main reason.......I have this stuff already

For 1 single disc.......bite me.

Mick

That's exactly my thoughts, although I will probably pick it up for that one disc when I find it at a used music store. That said, I won't be willing to pay anything near retail.

This whole set perplexes me. They guys in Rush don't seem to be the money grubbing kind (if they were, they would have vacated the higher taxes of Canada long ago). But their management team seems to look for coins under every single market cushion they can find. Perhaps their intent it is to give some newer fans a "one stop shop" for this stuff.... but really... I think maybe even that's a generous justification.

• Like 2

the price does keep changing. tommrrrow it will be 150$ wow, i should hop on this today..

Amazon gives you the lowest price if you preorder. Having said that, sometimes the price drops immediately after release, perhaps because of this policy.