It Ain't Easy Being a Good Neighbor.....

Principled Man

No, really, Sheri (my new neighbor)......I really don't mind fixing your dryer's wiring. I don't need any money. I just like being a good neighbor. It was nothing.

[sheri keeps insisting.....]

No, really.....I'd rather not take any money.

[sheri keeps insisting.....]

OK, OK.....but it's no big deal, really.

No, really Lois.....(elderly lady up the street). I don't need any money for lifting a couple of car batteries.....and I don't need a hundred bucks a month just for shoveling a couple inches of snow off your driveway. REALLY, I DON'T WANT THE MONEY.....

[Lois keeps insisting...to the point of yelling at me to TAKE THE MONEY....]

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I can't believe you took the money.

Have you no scruples, "Principled" Man?

Why....no, I have no scruples whatsoever.... :o It's why I argue so much against taking the money. :D

Your first problem was talking to them.

I go to work, come home, pull into the garage and close the door behind me. Then I run into my basement and wait there until it's time to go to sleep. That way I keep the lights off upstairs so my neighbors don't know I'm home

• Like 3

I can't believe you took the money.

Have you no scruples, "Principled" Man?

:laughing guy:

Seriously though... I can't believe you took the money. :tsk:

:LMAO:

• Like 1

Honestly, my 2 neighbors on one side - we help each other out all the time. If I'm home and garbage man came, I'll take their garbage cans and recycling bins up to their garage for them... they do the same for me. Same goes for snow and stuff. I'll come home and my driveway will be plowed, and we go back and forth with that. Always if the city plow comes thru and leaves the little mountain at the bottom of the driveway, whoever is first out will take care of that for the others.

On the other side of me, the guy that lives there is a dickhead... one of the first things he said to me after he moved in was "your driveway is 2" on my property",,, I asked him if he wanted me to fix that and he said "no rush, whenever you redo your driveway." I don't get along with him well, that's just the way he is, and his damn kids are always parking their cars in such a way that it blocks part of my driveway.

How many people, I wonder, really get along with their neighbors. I spy on mine. All the time. It's fun! For a time, the mailman kept delivering mail intended for my neighbors directly across the street. It was a whole mess of bird magazines mostly. I've been in their backyard and have never seen any bird feeders. The people right next door are from Argentina. Super nice retired couple. I just can never understand a single thing they say. We've had long conversations too. Mostly of me just nodding my head and smiling. But the true gem is the man who just moved in across the street. Moved there in May. No moving truck. Wife and kids were supposed to move in shortly thereafter. Have never seen them. For a time, he was up at all hours buzz sawing like mad in his garage. Now, he's hammering away at things. Convince me he has not spent the past few months building coffins. He only mows half his yard at a time. One half one week. The other half the other week. He has a decent sized yard but bought a way-too-small garden hose. It's hilarious to watch him water his messed up grass. I want to tell him the house came equipped with a sprinkler system but it's so much funner this way.
  • Like 2

How many people, I wonder, really get along with their neighbors. I spy on mine. All the time. It's fun! For a time, the mailman kept delivering mail intended for my neighbors directly across the street. It was a whole mess of bird magazines mostly. I've been in their backyard and have never seen any bird feeders. The people right next door are from Argentina. Super nice retired couple. I just can never understand a single thing they say. We've had long conversations too. Mostly of me just nodding my head and smiling. But the true gem is the man who just moved in across the street. Moved there in May. No moving truck. Wife and kids were supposed to move in shortly thereafter. Have never seen them. For a time, he was up at all hours buzz sawing like mad in his garage. Now, he's hammering away at things. Convince me he has not spent the past few months building coffins. He only mows half his yard at a time. One half one week. The other half the other week. He has a decent sized yard but bought a way-too-small garden hose. It's hilarious to watch him water his messed up grass. I want to tell him the house came equipped with a sprinkler system but it's so much funner this way.

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/GIFs/RobRed.gif

Edited by Dr. Sheldon Cooper

On the other side of me, the guy that lives there is a dickhead... one of the first things he said to me after he moved in was "your driveway is 2" on my property",,, I asked him if he wanted me to fix that and he said "no rush, whenever you redo your driveway."

Well, guess what? I'm NEVER going to redo my driveway. The best solution, good neighbor, is for you to SHUT UP and stop being so paranoid. My driveway isn't hurting you one damned bit.....

:laughing guy: :laughing guy:

• Like 3

On the other side of me, the guy that lives there is a dickhead... one of the first things he said to me after he moved in was "your driveway is 2" on my property",,, I asked him if he wanted me to fix that and he said "no rush, whenever you redo your driveway."

Well, guess what? I'm NEVER going to redo my driveway. The best solution, good neighbor, is for you to SHUT UP and stop being so paranoid. My driveway isn't hurting you one damned bit.....

If he didn't like it he should have thought before he bought it and have moved somewhere else.

I hate idiots like this. :P

• Like 2

I asked him if he used his dick to measure how far I was on his property...

No, I wish I did... it would have been a better comeback than "Jerk Store"!

• Like 3

I asked him if he used his dick to measure how far I was on his property...

No, I wish I did... it would have been a better comeback than "Jerk Store"!

:LOL:

Try this on Einstein,

When you know he won't be around, say a vacation. Extend your driveway 2" more his way. See if he notices. :P

Yah, neighbors are strange creatures. The nosy busybody retired guy across the street will come over at anytime (like when I'm underneath my car, changing the oil) and just start talking......as if I'm supposed to be instantly ready for conversation.

"So, you're a mechanic now?"

(I bash my head on the oil pan from being startled......)

- Hi, John. Yes, I'm a mechanic, when I need to be.....

:facepalm:

• Like 1

Yah, neighbors are strange creatures. The nosy busybody retired guy across the street will come over at anytime (like when I'm underneath my car, changing the oil) and just start talking......as if I'm supposed to be instantly ready for conversation.

"So, you're a mechanic now?"

(I bash my head on the oil pan from being startled......)

- Hi, John. Yes, I'm a mechanic, when I need to be.....

:facepalm:

:laughing guy:

Damn,

That's the worst.

Imagine this guy living next door to you...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Zrwf4mIAXlo/U1tAbIYUsBI/AAAAAAAAR3A/V74hvBt8E-M/s1600/PAUL-STANLEY.jpg

Or even worse this guy:

http://www.hecklerspray.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Gene-Simmons-Cotton-Hair1.jpg

Imagine this guy living next door to you...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Zrwf4mIAXlo/U1tAbIYUsBI/AAAAAAAAR3A/V74hvBt8E-M/s1600/PAUL-STANLEY.jpg

Or even worse this guy:

http://www.hecklerspray.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Gene-Simmons-Cotton-Hair1.jpg

Even worse yet...

http://i.imgur.com/VraoZcu.jpg

• Like 1

You guys are going to think I'm horrible.

My favorite neighbors moved and their house is now being rented by a family of assholes who 1) think the entire neighborhood wants to hear their hip-hop music when they're out doing something to their car and 2) never ever ever mow the grass. I don't think they're aware that there is such a tool as a lawnmower. And yet they snarl at me when I am walking my dogs if a canine paw even looks like it might stray from the sidewalk onto the Yard Of the Month. "Keep your dogs out of our yard!" Yeah, it's so not "your" yard, you trash. I hate them.

You guessed it - I encourage my dogs to crap there when no one is watching. They've just about learned that it's time to poo when we reach the YOTM.

And then there is the nice but very anal, OCD, quirky lady who cannot stand a leaf in her yard. Seriously - I see her outside hand grooming the grass and picking out leaves one at a time. Her other favorite trick, and one I have to say I admire, is to rake all of her leaves into the gutter and then call the street sweeper truck to pass through the 'hood. But then she gets mad and scolds everyone else for not raking on a daily basis because the leaves blow into her yard. Sorry, I'm not messing with it until they've all blown down. One and done.

Edited by Mara

My favorite neighbors moved and their house is now being rented by a family of assholes who 1) think the entire neighborhood wants to hear their hip-hop music when they're out doing something to their car and 2) never ever ever mow the grass. I don't think they're aware that there is such a tool as a lawnmower. And yet they snarl at me when I am walking my dogs if a canine paw even looks like it might stray from the sidewalk onto the Yard Of the Month. "Keep your dogs out of our yard!" Yeah, it's so not "your" yard, you trash. I hate them.

You guessed it - I encourage my dogs to crap there when no one is watching. They've just about learned that it's time to poo when we reach the YOTM.

And then there is the nice but very anal, OCD, quirky lady who cannot stand a leaf in her yard. Seriously - I see her outside hand grooming the grass and picking out leaves one at a time. Her other favorite trick, and one I have to say I admire, is to rake all of her leaves into the gutter and then call the street sweeper truck to pass through the 'hood. But then she gets mad and scolds everyone else for not raking on a daily basis because the leaves blow into her yard. Sorry, I'm not messing with it until they've all blown down. One and done.

We're encouraged to rake our leaves into the street. The city sends a leaf collector around that matches up with recycling collection starting this week until the end of Nov. They pile all the leaves up in the city dump and in spring, everyone can come get as much free leaf mulch that they want.

I don't think you're horrible, but I do caution you on the dangers of causing or escalating a feud.

In my area recently, some feuding neighbors got so nasty (specifically because of a dog), that the one set out some poison (on his own property) and killed the dog. Criminal charges and lawsuits quickly ensued..... :o

And then there is the nice but very anal, OCD, quirky lady who cannot stand a leaf in her yard. Seriously - I see her outside hand grooming the grass and picking out leaves one at a time. Her other favorite trick, and one I have to say I admire, is to rake all of her leaves into the gutter and then call the street sweeper truck to pass through the 'hood. But then she gets mad and scolds everyone else for not raking on a daily basis because the leaves blow into her yard.

Control freaks are hideous creatures..... :crazy:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

One thing I have noticed is that quiet and considerate neighbors are quickly becoming a thing of the past.

I think maybe it depends on where you live. I live in a sheltered little community and even though people don't really get out and know their neighbors, everyone is very considerate. Even me, the occasional snoop. But we're on the outskirts. The only ruckus we get comes from the bored teenagers, especially around the 4th of July.