Roll the Bones vs Snakes and Arrows

savagegrace26

Roll the Bones vs Snakes and Arrows  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Roll the Bones vs Snakes and Arrows

• Roll the Bones
    • Snakes and Arrows

Both of these albums are very similar thematically and some of the songs could fit on either album adjusting for production differences.

I choose S&A but it's pretty close.

RTB is catchier and has more energy but the weaker songs are pretty bad.

S&A suffers from overlength and a sameness throughout but it's more consistent overall.

They both have about three or four great songs.

These albums could be merged easily.

Don't care much for Snakes & Arrows, but Far Cry, Workin' Them Angels, and the instrumentals are pretty good. As for Roll the Bones, you've got Dreamline, Bravado, the title track, and Where's My Thing?. Honestly, the only bad song on RTB is You Bet Your Life. Snakes & Arrows has several turds (Good News First being the worst offender). So, Roll the Bones wins.

Roll the Bones will always be the album that depressed me the most. I just didn't want to get out of bed for days. I tried to console myself with the idea that I could program Dreamline, Where's My Thing, and Ghost of a Chance into my CD player, and just tell myself that Rush had released a half-decent sort of "mini album." The song Roll the Bones I tried to convince myself was just a bad dream . . . and the last two songs on the album. F**k. I don't even know what to say. I still get misty. Edited by toymaker
  • Like 2

Roll The Bones comes in the middle of a, generally speaking, bad stretch for the band. Snakes was an improvement over Vapor Trails, which was itself an improvement over the previous, what, 5 albums.

You were doing so well. Then you had to write that second sentence.

• Like 2

Roll The Bones comes in the middle of a, generally speaking, bad stretch for the band. Snakes was an improvement over Vapor Trails, which was itself an improvement over the previous, what, 5 albums.

Which part? Do you think VT is better than Snakes? Or do you think T4E, CP, RTB, Presto or HYF are better than VT?

Which part? Do you think VT is better than Snakes? Or do you think T4E, CP, RTB, Presto or HYF are better than VT?

Well, given that he hates S&A...

• Like 1

Of these, I would put VT>T4E>RTB>CP>P=S&A. And Feedback would be in the upper half (if only because it's shorter).

Still Dreamline and Driven are the only songs on any of the albums that are worthy of the pre 85 era.

Of these, I would put VT>T4E>RTB>CP>P=S&A. And Feedback would be in the upper half (if only because it's shorter).

Still Dreamline and Driven are the only songs on any of the albums that are worthy of the pre 85 era.

I agree that VT is better than the Presto-T4E stretch, and I'd actually put HYF in that stretch of "soft" releases.

Far Cry and Working Them Angels are better than anything they'd written since GUP.

I agree that VT is better than the Presto-T4E stretch, and I'd actually put HYF in that stretch of "soft" releases.

Far Cry and Working Them Angels are better than anything they'd written since GUP.

Lite Rock stations refused to put HYF in heavy rotation in fear that listeners would fall asleep and miss the commercials.

• Like 1

You have a file on LABT too?.... :)

You have a file on LABT too?.... :)

No, it's just that when someone really hates (or loves) an album, it's usually pretty clear :)

• Like 1