What would you say to Rush if you could go back in time and talk to them?

YYZumbi

Lets say you could go back in time, to 1974, When Neil first joined the band.

And you could talk with Rush in a room, just you and the three guys. What would you tell them then? If you know everything that you know now about Rush.

To Neil: Don't ever visit China. Don't ever think about love in terms of physics.

To Alex: Don't ever go to Naples, Florida. Eat less hamburgers.

To Geddy: Get a vocal coach now.

To all of them: Start professionally video recording all of your tours now. It will pay off.

• Like 2

To Neil: Don't ever visit China. Don't ever think about love in terms of physics.

To all of them: Start professionally video recording all of your tours now. It will pay off.

Why cant Neil visit China? Why cant Alex go to naples, Florida? And the hamburger-thing, not even funny...

I agree with the coach for Geddy, and I agree with video recording.

to hell with "saving your voice." they probably didn't think they'd make it to 1984, let alone 2014. geddy not giving his all in the 70s wouldn't be worth having his voice sound a tiny bit better today, imo

and besides, if you went up to 22 year-old neil peart and told him you had messages from the future, he'd probably hit you in the head with atlas shrugged

• Like 3

to hell with "saving your voice." they probably didn't think they'd make it to 1984, let alone 2014. geddy not giving his all in the 70s wouldn't be worth having his voice sound a tiny bit better today, imo

and besides, if you went up to 22 year-old neil peart and told him you had messages from the future, he'd probably hit you in the head with atlas shrugged

OK

Geddy, keep trying to sing like Robert Plant and don't stop. By the time you're thirty, your throat will be ripped to shreds. But, who cares? You never thought you'd make it anyway.

OK

Geddy, keep trying to sing like Robert Plant and don't stop. By the time you're thirty, your throat will be ripped to shreds. But, who cares? You never thought you'd make it anyway.

I thought geddy sounded great at 30. and 40. and 50. not so much at 60, but...that's 60, everything has stopped working by then

• Like 1

In that case, I'd tell Neil he's never going to live down Ayn Rand no matter what he does. So stop while you still can.

OK

I thought geddy sounded great at 30. and 40. and 50. not so much at 60, but...that's 60, everything has stopped working by then

:)

In that case, I'd tell Neil he's never going to live down Ayn Rand no matter what he does. So stop while you still can.

I don't dig ayn rand much at all, but I think it's shitty that it's something he has to "live down" anyway, and I think it's shitty that hipster critics still bring it up in every article. I guess he should've written a 20-minute sci-fi epic based on noam chomsky instead, or hunter thompson or someone hip and cool

• Like 3

Why cant Alex go to naples, Florida?

Really?

• Like 2

Why cant Alex go to naples, Florida?

Really?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g-Y7DF5BhE

it took a bunch of pigs with tasers to take down a drunken lifeson. I'd never erase that from history.

• Like 1

Pack it in after Signals & be remembered as arguably the greatest power trio in history instead of a sad hackneyed Human League tribute act.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/01/016539b9ebe6a5a38bfd384f75d1b1dbc1e99c02f2eeb2a126a8a14b3f5836e0.jpg

• Like 3

Pack it in after Signals & be remembered as arguably the greatest power trio in history instead of a sad hackneyed Human League tribute act.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/01/016539b9ebe6a5a38bfd384f75d1b1dbc1e99c02f2eeb2a126a8a14b3f5836e0.jpg

CAPTAIN!

We have a sense of humour failure!

I think she's gonna blow!

Pleased to meet you guys. Let me be your manager and I promise you'll never experience a season of the itch.
  • Like 3

I tell them not to let go of Broon.

No. They needed a change and needed to find their own direction. I bet if they stayed with Broon they would've broken up a long time ago. There was obviiously some friction and differences.

• Like 2

I tell them not to let go of Broon.

No. They needed a change and needed to find their own direction. I bet if they stayed with Broon they would've broken up a long time ago. There was obviiously some friction and differences.

Your opinion, not mine. Maybe he would've talked them out of so many keyboards which would've been a good thing.

• Like 1