Rush Sighting on 'Pawn Stars'

mandydog

That doesn't even say his name. Did someone stencil in a John Lennon signature? :eh:

It was clearly done by someone who knows what NP's autograph is supposed to look like; it just wasn't executed very well. And, as someone who's collected autographs for over 15 years, I can tell you that most autographs these days don't look like the person's name...especially hockey. They're the friendliest guys in sports, but have the least legible autographs. When I stay after Syracuse Crunch games to get the visiting AHL teams, after I get home I usually have to use Google Images to help me decipher who I've just gotten.

Is it maybe more difficult to sign a guitar? Maybe that futzes one's usual signature? No expert, just wondering. Also, my own signature changes depending on how much of a hurry I'm in, how tired I am, how little I give a shit, etc.

This is a common practice in Vegas. When bands come to town they are given a bunch of guitar faces to sign. They then get giiven to these different shops who put them on guitars and then sell them for big money. Given that they signed 50-100 of these in a row, I can't blame them for being a little sloppy on their signatures.

Definitely looks fake.

On a similar note I saw an episode of Storage Wars once where a guy won a locker with a blue drum kit in it that had some pretty odd and difficult to find cymbals. It wasn't worth much by itself so he took it to his good friend, Stewart Copeland, to have it signed on each drum head. Can't remember what he ended up getting for it but personally I would've taken it home after being signed and tucked it into bed beside me. Signed by Copeland? No longer for sale!

Is it maybe more difficult to sign a guitar? Maybe that futzes one's usual signature? No expert, just wondering. Also, my own signature changes depending on how much of a hurry I'm in, how tired I am, how little I give a shit, etc.

Pro-tip: if you're going to get Alex to sign your guitar make damn sure he uses the brand new Sharpee you brought along and not some nearly-dead one that someone thrust into his hand...even after applying clear pick guard "tape" over the sig just days after getting the guitar signed, the sig is almost completely faded...of course that'll happen over 20+ years, but I really wish he'd used the Sharpee I tried to hand him.

Funny thing is Neil signs the same size no matter the item. I have seen some fakes on guitars etc, where his sig is huge - doesn't happen. Also a bulky item may cause a slight difference, but the basic structure of the autograph remains the same.