New Foo Fighters tune - Something From Nothing

It's not a bad tune. It's not blowing me away like every track on Wasting Light has the ability to do, but I realize that this album is supposed to be more enjoyable when you listen to the whole album rather than an individual track, so I'm optimistic.

Damn though, it'll be hard to top Wasting Light, but this song's on the right track. I just hope that one with Carrie Underwood doesn't suck. Foo Fighters and lame country music :huh:

• Like 3

Dave spans all music... The Foos are always covering songs from their heroes. Love the Foos and I think Dave is the most talented 'active' musician + my friend who works for Letterman spent time with the band last week and said they are great guys... no rock star attitude at all.

Edited by custom55
  • Like 1

Damn though, it'll be hard to top Wasting Light, but this song's on the right track. I just hope that one with Carrie Underwood doesn't suck. Foo Fighters and lame country music :huh:

http://i.imgur.com/8qbJq7o.gif

It's bad enough Aerosmith collaborated with her even though selling out isn't new for that dude who looks like an (old) lady as well as Coldplay with Rihanna and U2 with that Black Eyed Peas dude. No wonder Coldplay sucks now.

• Like 1

I like a lot of their stuff.....ton's.

But this track....meh.

I have never heard a full foo fighters record. I do have dave's probot project, however, which has collaborations with king diamond, lemmy, wino, cronos, eric wagner, lee dorian, max cavalera, and other heavy metal badasses, and it's not bad.

Wasting Light is their finest album to date. Everyone loves to circlejerk over The Colour And The Shape, but I find that they've gotten better as they've gotten older and added more members. Hawkins is a beast and Shiflett, when he actually plays some leads is very good.

Wasting Light and ESPG > all the other Foo albums.

• Like 2