Moving Pictures vs. Signals vs. Snakes and Arrows

Lorraine

Which do you like better?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Moving Pictures vs. Snakes and Arrows

• Moving Pictures
    • Snakes and Arrows
  2. 2. Signals vs. Snakes and Arrows

Again… not even close, in either case. Moving Pictures and Signals.
  • Like 2

Geddy Lee says of the album: "It’s big, it’s bold, and I think it’s some of the best work we’ve done in years."

I'm guessing he said that at the time the album was released. The guys always tout their latest album as one of their best, and overstate how great it is.

Let's see what they say after time, when they're more objective.

• Like 2

Snakes suffers from length. Cut it to 8 songs and it would fair better.

seriously, what is up with bands thinking you have to fill up a CD? not to sound like one of you old folks, but I miss when a band could say what they had to say in less than 40 minutes.

Amen......i'm only 29.....grew up in the cd age.....but i agree. I love music but i cannot take these ridiculous album lengths. Unless you got stellar material from start to finish.......it will never work for me. 40-45 mins is fine. 50 mins at the most. but say what you got to say and get out, lol

Mick

• Like 1

snakes and arrows is better than test for echo. maybe presto, but I don't think anything on S&A is as good as the pass or show don't tell. then again, I haven't listened to snakes in a long ass time

You ought to give it another listen soon, then come back and give us your report. :)

I have no problem rating Snakes over:

2112 (two awesome songs, two okay ones, two really bad ones, not exactly a favorite)

Vapor Trails

Test For Echo

Hold Your Fire

A Farewell To Kings

Caress Of Steel

Fly By Night

Roll The Bones

Presto

Rush

Shocking to be honest.....
  • Like 2

2112 (two awesome songs, two okay ones, two really bad ones, not exactly a favorite)

Vapor Trails

Test For Echo

Hold Your Fire

A Farewell To Kings

Caress Of Steel

Fly By Night

Roll The Bones

Presto

Rush

Yeah, I just read the list. It is.

Vapor Trails

Test For Echo

Hold Your Fire

A Farewell To Kings

Caress Of Steel

Fly By Night

Roll The Bones

Presto

Rush

I had exactly the same thought. I would rate it higher than some of the things on that list, but certainly not all of them! :o

Vapor Trails

Test For Echo

Hold Your Fire

A Farewell To Kings

Caress Of Steel

Fly By Night

Roll The Bones

Presto

Rush

Because of 2112 and AFTK right? :LOL:

Vapor Trails

Test For Echo

Hold Your Fire

A Farewell To Kings

Caress Of Steel

Fly By Night

Roll The Bones

Presto

Rush

Not just....
  • Like 2

Vapor Trails

Test For Echo

Hold Your Fire

A Farewell To Kings

Caress Of Steel

Fly By Night

Roll The Bones

Presto

Rush

And Caress of Steel and Fly By Night too.

• Like 1

Vapor Trails

Test For Echo

Hold Your Fire

A Farewell To Kings

Caress Of Steel

Fly By Night

Roll The Bones

Presto

Rush

Yeah, I'd rank it above most of those plus a couple of others.

Even Hold Your Fire sounds better.

Do you think the songs are better though? I don't.

Only my unprofessional opinion here, but if Snakes and Arrows had been produced by Peter Collins, it would have been a lot better album. I don't know who it was that gave Geddy the idea to do all those "woooos" on the songs, but I think those "wooos" ruined them.

I like about eight songs on S&A.

I like only three songs on HYF, but those three songs are clear and crisp and a lot peppier.

Hold Your Fire has a fantastic 4 song run of Prime Mover-Turn The Page, with Lock and Key being one of their finest songs ever, IMO. Force Ten's good, but the rest of the album ranges from "meh" to horrible.

The only track I don't like on Snakes is Bravest Face. Everything else ranges good-awesome.

Its official I am losing and or have lost my hearing..... :codger: Thinking 2112, AFTK, HYF,COS, FBN and so on are better than S & A's :eh:

Only my unprofessional opinion here, but if Snakes and Arrows had been produced by Peter Collins, it would have been a lot better album. I don't know who it was that gave Geddy the idea to do all those "woooos" on the songs, but I think those "wooos" ruined them.

I like only three songs on HYF, but those three songs are clear and crisp and a lot peppier.

I'm not an audiophile, and I listen to music on my iPod or on a computer more than anywhere else. I simply don't hear the "brickwalling" people talk about with the mixing of albums. For me, T4E isn't a great album because the songs aren't very good. Great mixing or what have you won't change that for me.

• Like 1

I'm not an audiophile, and I listen to music on my iPod or on a computer more than anywhere else. I simply don't hear the "brickwalling" people talk about with the mixing of albums. For me, T4E isn't a great album because the songs aren't very good. Great mixing or what have you won't change that for me.

I think the issue most people have with Snakes (and CA for that matter) when it comes to the mixing is that there's just a bunch of layers. Snakes and Arrows definitely has too many Geddy's singing at once. Clockwork Angels, Alex went ham with all the guitar layering.

That being said, it doesn't bother me, I think both albums are great, and I rank Clockwork Angels very high.

Geddy Lee says of the album: "It’s big, it’s bold, and I think it’s some of the best work we’ve done in years."

Geddy/Alex used to say that about every album during its release.

Geddy/Alex used to say that about every album during its release.

get em to rank all of their own albums, not just albums from 1974-1982