Permanent Waves vs. Snakes and Arrows

Lorraine

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the better Rush album?

• Permanent Waves
    • Snakes and Arrows
    • Don't like either one
    • Love both and can't choose

Tough choice but I think I'll go with Permanent Waves.... ;)

Yeah, I know. It had me in a quandary too. :sarcastic:

Zumbi came through however... :)
  • Like 1

Comparing two albums made about 27 years apart? Apples and oranges come to mind... :P

I love Snakes and Arrows...but if it were pared down to 40-45 minutes, it would be quite a bit better, even. As good as I feel it is, it does have some filler material.

Permanent Waves does not suffer the same syndrome. It is very nearly perfect. (If anything, I could argue that it could have used seven or eight songs instead of its six...but I don't think I'll do that).

And I did not vote in the poll. I think I know how it's going to go, even without my vote!

Edited by Blue J

I picked: Love both and can't choose. Why? Because they are both awesome albums for different reasons!

Why, why Zumbi?

It has been said that comparison is the death of joy. Certainly I would murder Joy for comparing SnS favourably with Permanent Waves.

• Like 6

Comparing two albums made about 27 years apart? Apples and oranges come to mind... :P

I love Snakes and Arrows...but if it were pared down to 40-45 minutes, it would be quite a bit better, even. As good as I feel it is, it does have some filler material.

Permanent Waves does not suffer the same syndrome. It is very nearly perfect. (If anything, I could argue that it could have used seven or eight songs instead of its six...but I don't think I'll do that).

And I did not vote in the poll. I think I know how it's going to go, even without my vote!

So sorry, Blue J, the poll is not to your liking. Just trying to liven things up. :)

It seems that I agree with Tony R here ;)

How did you know what he was going to say before he said it? :unsure:

:huh: His file?....

I picked: Love both and can't choose. Why? Because they are both awesome albums for different reasons!

What's your favourite song off each of these albums?

On Permanent Waves it is Natural Science. And on Snakes & Arrows it is..mmm... I think Workin' Them Angels

On Permanent Waves it is Natural Science. And on Snakes & Arrows it is..mmm... I think Workin' Them Angels

Just curious what you think is the better song between those two?...

No contest.

Some members here, especially the younger ones, really love S&A. My purpose in doing this poll is to see how much they love it when put up against a masterpiece like Permanent Waves.

A worthy cause.... :)
  • Like 1

No contest.

Some members here, especially the younger ones, really love S&A. My purpose in doing this poll is to see how much they love it when put up against a masterpiece like Permanent Waves.

A worthy cause.... :)

Either that or :zzz: .

• Like 1

Check out my newest topic.

Edited by Cygnus 2112

You wondering what song I like best between Natural Science and Workin' Them Angels?

Why, why Zumbi?

It has been said that comparison is the death of joy. Certainly I would murder Joy for comparing SnS favourably with Permanent Waves.

Why? Because I think Snakes & Arrows also is a great album! I don´t understand the hate for it?.. Its a awesome album. Geddy's voice is just great on it! And the guitar is just magic on the album!

And if people can´t understand why I like it, then they can just... :moon: and then get lost!

Edited by YYZumbi

So sorry, Blue J, the poll is not to your liking. Just trying to liven things up. :)

Oh, I know...no worries. I wasn't saying that 'dislike' the poll at all, no.

I am completely in favor of livening things up during the off-season!

• Like 2