The Who North America Tour 2015

custom55

Eaglemoon...

They are playing Consol on 23 October 2015

I'll definitely be there for that one, how about you?

For sure. I was thinking about Columbus too. :)

• Like 1

Custom, they are playing Prudential in Newark as well as Brooklyn and MSG!

Yes !!! I live 20 minutes from Prudential but seeing them a MSG, magic. Hmmm. Maybe both ?

Edited by custom55
  • Like 1

Can they still fill MSG I wonder?

Even if I could go, I would think this would be too painful to watch for me. I will just remember them as they once were.

I saw them the last tour and they made me happy. I agree with you that sometimes it's better to remember them as they were but I still go to concerts with my buddies from high school and this is an enjoyable night out.

My first Who concert 1973. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

http://youtu.be/AX1u5K8yqJ8

Edited by custom55
  • Like 1

Even if I could go, I would think this would be too painful to watch for me. I will just remember them as they once were.

I saw them the last tour and they made me happy. I agree with you that sometimes it's better to remember them as they were but I still go to concerts with my buddies from high school and this is an enjoyable night out.

My first Who concert 1973. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

http://youtu.be/AX1u5K8yqJ8

My first concert was Cincinnati in December of 1975, several years before the concert where people died outside Riverfront Coliseum. I was surprised that people didn't get killed at the one that I went to. They opened one door to take tickets and there was a mad crush trying to squeeze in. My feet actually left the ground a couple of times because I was lifted by the crowd of people. I also remember my ears were ringing for days afterwards.

• Like 1

The Quadrophenia show I attended was emotionally difficult in some ways, but it was also wonderful. Yes, it was tough to see how the powers of these gods from my youth have diminished, and uncomfortable to realise that what I was watching was a basically a Who tribute show starring Pete and Roger. But at the same time, the band was top-notch and sounded great, and the show was gorgeous; an exciting, respectful, carefully thought-out and lovingly presented multimedia illustration of pretty much everything it means to Roger and Pete to have been The Who for all these years. It meant more than I can express to be there, and Pete and Roger needling each other while performing "Tea And Theatre" as the final song of the evening was one of the most moving things I've ever seen. Walking back to the hotel through a very light mist along the Atlantic City boardwalk after the show with tears in my eyes and a huge smile on my face listening to my husband go on about how "That was amazing, so much better than it had any right to be" is a magical memory for me. I'm incredibly thankful not to have allowed my fear of "what they'll be like now" to keep me away from that show.

With that said, though, I'm not sure whether I'll go to this tour. That's partially because of knowing that there's almost no chance that they could even equal let alone top the Quadrophenia show, and partially because this coming year is going to be tight financially, and if Rush tours, they are my first priority. Whether or not Zak Starkey is playing with the Who may influence my decision, he's a big draw for me.

Edited by GeddysMullet
  • Like 3

My first concert was Cincinnati in December of 1975, several years before the concert where people died outside Riverfront Coliseum. I was surprised that people didn't get killed at the one that I went to. They opened one door to take tickets and there was a mad crush trying to squeeze in. My feet actually left the ground a couple of times because I was lifted by the crowd of people. I also remember my ears were ringing for days afterwards.

When I first started reading your post, I thought to myself, I'm sure I have a recording of that show (Cincinnati '75)...but I think I'm mistaken about that. I AM sure that I have the Houston date from that tour, which is very well-circulated- November 20th '75. I have a couple of others, too, I think, from the same era.

Sadly, that's as close as I'll come to experiencing primal live Who. (I mean, aside from the official live albums, of course).

• Like 1

I purchased tickets for the Prudential Center, Newark, NJ. I live 20 minutes from The Pru so it's a no-brainer for me... after all, Pete is my all time Rock God.

Again, it will be a wonderful evening out with my buddies from high school.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w276/custom55/a9bd677a-62cc-44b4-9a69-39ac859ef5f4_zps455816d5.jpg

• Like 1

I purchased tickets for the Prudential Center, Newark, NJ. I live 20 minutes from The Pru so it's a no-brainer for me... after all, Pete is my all time Rock God.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w276/custom55/a9bd677a-62cc-44b4-9a69-39ac859ef5f4_zps455816d5.jpg

Mine too. If I go to that show (I live in NJ too) perhaps we could meet up!

Mine too. If I go to that show (I live in NJ too) perhaps we could meet up!

YES !!!