Best 5 song block from a Rush concert

savagegrace26

If medleys count as one song:

Lakeside Park

ByTor

In The End

[Working Man/Finding My Way/Drum Solo]

I don't think All the World's a Stage is an accurate setlist...

There are only two unofficial recordings of this tour in circulation; both are headlining shows, with the only difference being the placement of "In The End" in the setlist, and the encore changing from "Best I Can" to "What You're Doing". This later setlist is virtually identical to the All The World's A Stage tracklist, with the only change being that the "Fly By Night-In The Mood-Something For Nothing" medley is listed earlier in the show (inserted between "Anthem" and "Lakeside Park"), possibly to conform to album sides. The earlier show, recorded in Seattle in March of '76, this tour poster from March supports the belief that Rush was in fact the headlining act, while this tour poster from June leaves no doubt. More importantly, it has been pointed out that Moog Taurus pedals are not present in the Seattle '76 recording; if recorded in October they would likely be present, as Rush were definitely using Moog pedals by then (if not throughout the entire All The World's A Stage tour), as seen in this live photo from October 26th taken two days before the October Seattle show (the pedals are seen on the floor next to Geddy's mic). Lastly, although not as conclusive, during the Seattle recording, "In The End" preceded "By-tor And The Snowdog", whereas by the later May recording it immediately followed "By-tor", a position it would regularly hold in the setlist on multiple tours until it was last played on the Signals warm up tour.

Headlining sets:

March 26(?), 1976: Seattle, Washington

Bastille Day

Anthem

Lakeside Park

2112 (minus Oracle)

Fly By Night

In The Mood

Something For Nothing

In The End

By-Tor and the Snow Dog

Working Man

Finding My Way

Drum Solo

Encore: Best I Can

May 30, 1976: Nelson Center. Springfield, Illinois

Bastille Day

Anthem

Lakeside Park

2112 (with abbreviated Discovery, minus Oracle)

Fly By Night

In The Mood

Something For Nothing

By-Tor and the Snow Dog

In The End

Working Man

Finding My Way

Drum Solo

Encore: What You're Doing

Edited by savagegrace26

Lakeside Park

ByTor

In The End

There are only two unofficial recordings of this tour in circulation; both are headlining shows, with the only difference being the placement of "In The End" in the setlist, and the encore changing from "Best I Can" to "What You're Doing". This later setlist is virtually identical to the All The World's A Stage tracklist, with the only change being that the "Fly By Night-In The Mood-Something For Nothing" medley is listed earlier in the show (inserted between "Anthem" and "Lakeside Park"), possibly to conform to album sides. The earlier show, recorded in Seattle in March of '76, this tour poster from March supports the belief that Rush was in fact the headlining act, while this tour poster from June leaves no doubt. More importantly, it has been pointed out that Moog Taurus pedals are not present in the Seattle '76 recording; if recorded in October they would likely be present, as Rush were definitely using Moog pedals by then (if not throughout the entire All The World's A Stage tour), as seen in this live photo from October 26th taken two days before the October Seattle show (the pedals are seen on the floor next to Geddy's mic). Lastly, although not as conclusive, during the Seattle recording, "In The End" preceded "By-tor And The Snowdog", whereas by the later May recording it immediately followed "By-tor", a position it would regularly hold in the setlist on multiple tours until it was last played on the Signals warm up tour.

Headlining sets:

Bastille Day

Anthem

Lakeside Park

2112 (minus Oracle)

Fly By Night

In The Mood

Something For Nothing

In The End

By-Tor and the Snow Dog

Working Man

Finding My Way

Drum Solo

Bastille Day

Anthem

Lakeside Park

Fly By Night

In The Mood

Something For Nothing

By-Tor and the Snow Dog

In The End

Working Man

Finding My Way

Drum Solo

The applause and crowd noise fades pretty much seamlessly in places where it wouldn't if that was the setlist for the night.

Lakeside Park

ByTor

In The End

Headlining sets:

Bastille Day

Anthem

Lakeside Park

2112 (minus Oracle)

Fly By Night

In The Mood

Something For Nothing

In The End

By-Tor and the Snow Dog

Working Man

Finding My Way

Drum Solo

Bastille Day

Anthem

Lakeside Park

Fly By Night

In The Mood

Something For Nothing

By-Tor and the Snow Dog

In The End

Working Man

Finding My Way

Drum Solo

The applause and crowd noise fades pretty much seamlessly in places where it wouldn't if that was the setlist for the night.

That can be done during mixing.

Here's the setlist from one of the nights that it was recorded. Someone else may have more info.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/rush/1976/massey-hall-toronto-on-canada-53db0f71.html

Lakeside Park

ByTor

In The End

Headlining sets:

Bastille Day

Anthem

Lakeside Park

2112 (minus Oracle)

Fly By Night

In The Mood

Something For Nothing

In The End

By-Tor and the Snow Dog

Working Man

Finding My Way

Drum Solo

Bastille Day

Anthem

Lakeside Park

Fly By Night

In The Mood

Something For Nothing

By-Tor and the Snow Dog

In The End

Working Man

Finding My Way

Drum Solo

These will do....
  • Like 1

Lakeside Park

ByTor

In The End

Headlining sets:

Bastille Day

Anthem

Lakeside Park

2112 (minus Oracle)

Fly By Night

In The Mood

Something For Nothing

In The End

By-Tor and the Snow Dog

Working Man

Finding My Way

Drum Solo

Bastille Day

Anthem

Lakeside Park

Fly By Night

In The Mood

Something For Nothing

By-Tor and the Snow Dog

In The End

Working Man

Finding My Way

Drum Solo

These will do....

Yes, those would be my choices from that set as well.

Three Options

ATWAS Tour - June 1, 77

Xanadu

Something For Nothing

By-Tor

Necromancer

AFTK Tour

By Tor

Xanadu

AFTK

Something For Nothing

Cygnus X1

PeW warmup tour

Xanadu

tSoR

Trees

Cygnus X1

Hemispheres

(By Tor is before Xanadu so if this were to turn into a six song block, it would be the clear winner)

If I had to choose, I would go with the first.