Peter Gabriel "Melt" (3)

Among all my new wave, synth-laden albums, nothing stands out to me as much as Gabriel's "Melting Face" album.

Every song is absolutely perfect - from the disturbing minimalism and space of "Intruder" to Levin's Chapman Stick-ling and the driven chorus of "I Don't Remember" to Gabriel's dramatic sustaned vocal lines in "Family Snapshot" - it's absolutely seamless.

There are so many classics on this album - "Games Without Frontiers," "And Through the Wire," "No Self Control" - it's hard to compare with anything else from Gabriel's catalogue.

As a Genesis fan, I got very interested in PGs solo career. From the moment I heard 'Games Without Frontiers' and 'No Self Control' (the two singles) on the radio I was hooked. As for my favourites, I think its a toss up between I Don't Remember, Family Snapshot and Biko.

I would also recommend that you give a listen to his forst two solo albums (the one where he's got silver eyes and the one where the picture is scratched) - they're both excellent.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Jul 30 2005, 11:10 PM)
I'm a big Peter Gabriel fan, but unfortunatly the only 2 cds of his that I own are So and Security. But based on your review of this album, I think I know exaclty which one to pick up next, thanks SJB biggrin.gif

Definitely check out PG 1 and 2. Both classic as well!

Also, Up and Us are great albums.

Archived