THE OUTFIELD Is One Of The Greatest Bands In The World! PROG POP! RIP JOHN SPINKS!

RUSHHEAD666

Just a quick note. I've loved The Outfield since I was in high school back in 1985.

Everyone of you should pick up "Play Deep." It's not just about "Your Love." Just "SAY IT ISN'T SO!"

John Spinks the guitarist passed away back in July. Very sad. Underrated guitarist. Alan Jackman is an underrated drummer with a great fukking snare sound.

Get this album ASAP!

Also their second album is no sophomore slump! "BANGIN'" IS INCREDIBLE!!!!

The Outfield still put out records after "Bangin" but the drummer left.

EPIC FAIL!

I'm sure a lot of you on here will like this band!

• Like 5

Wow, this takes me back. Longish story, sorry. I visited my mom at the bank she worked at when the outfield was huge. A cute girl working at bank asked my mom about me and wanted to take me out (lucky me!). I meet up with her and she's even better looking than at bank. We go out and are having a decent time. We drove in her antique Carmenghia which I was always a fan of. Then she starts going on and on about how the outfield are awesome and way better than the Beatles and I tried not to but finally couldn't take it any more and contradicted her. We had a discussion about that statement and finished our evening and never saw each other again. Why I remember this to this day I can't explain. I think about her and the car (mainly the car) every time I hear the outfield. Rush head, I hope you married her. Edited by Ancient Ways

Just a quick note. I've loved The Outfield since I was in high school back in 1985.

Everyone of you should pick up "Play Deep." It's not just about "Your Love." Just "SAY IT ISN'T SO!"

John Spinks the guitarist passed away back in July. Very sad. Underrated guitarist. Alan Jackman is an underrated drummer with a great fukking snare sound.

Get this album ASAP!

EPIC FAIL!

Hey Earl!

:smoke:

Wow, this takes me back. Longish story, sorry. I visited my mom at the bank she worked at when the outfield was huge. A cute girl working at bank asked my mom about me and wanted to take me out (lucky me!). I meet up with her and she's even better looking than at bank. We go out and are having a decent time. We drove in her antique Carmenghia which I was always a fan of. Then she starts going on and on about how the outfield are awesome and way better than the Beatles and I tried not to but finally couldn't take it any more and contradicted her. We had a discussion about that statement and finished our evening and never saw each other again. Why I remember this to this day I can't explain. I think about her and the car (mainly the car) every time I hear the outfield. Rush head, I hope you married her.

Great story buddy! Quite romantic to me. I have a quick story for you too. It was 1986 and I had this beat up old blue 1970 Mustang with a tape deck.

Well there was this girl in my Shakespeare class and surprisingly she really liked me. So I decided to ask her out to Senior Ball. She accepted and said she wanted to go out on a date so we could get to know each other more. So couple days later I picked her up in my old Mustang. Of course I was blasting the "Play Deep" cassette. I remember driving her to Bob's Big Boy while "Say It Isn't So" was on.

In hindsight sadly the senior ball was a disaster. She smoked too much weed and passed out on me in the limo going home.

On a side note I have a Rush story as well. I remember Rush was playing Cal Expo up in Sacramento on May 24th. "Power Windows" Tour of course.

So me and about 9 of my buddies bought our tickets for the show! We are all excited hoping that Rush was going to play "Lakeside Park" since it was the 24th of May.

Well, it just happened to be that my senior ball was on the same day as the Rush concert.

Hell I wanted to blow off the ball big time but my mom and dad forced me to go to my ball. They said it is a "once in a lifetime experience, you can always see Rush!"

Well I was totally pissed off but went to my lame ass ball with my "Outfield" girl. It was a waste of time.

Selfishly I was happy that Rush didn't play "Lakeside Park."

Get this album ASAP!

EPIC FAIL!

Hey Earl!

Hey Pat!

:dweez:

Wow, this takes me back. Longish story, sorry. I visited my mom at the bank she worked at when the outfield was huge. A cute girl working at bank asked my mom about me and wanted to take me out (lucky me!). I meet up with her and she's even better looking than at bank. We go out and are having a decent time. We drove in her antique Carmenghia which I was always a fan of. Then she starts going on and on about how the outfield are awesome and way better than the Beatles and I tried not to but finally couldn't take it any more and contradicted her. We had a discussion about that statement and finished our evening and never saw each other again. Why I remember this to this day I can't explain. I think about her and the car (mainly the car) every time I hear the outfield. Rush head, I hope you married her.

Great story buddy! Quite romantic to me. I have a quick story for you too. It was 1986 and I had this beat up old blue 1970 Mustang with a tape deck.

Well there was this girl in my Shakespeare class and surprisingly she really liked me. So I decided to ask her out to Senior Ball. She accepted and said she wanted to go out on a date so we could get to know each other more. So couple days later I picked her up in my old Mustang. Of course I was blasting the "Play Deep" cassette. I remember driving her to Bob's Big Boy while "Say It Isn't So" was on.

In hindsight sadly the senior ball was a disaster. She smoked too much weed and passed out on me in the limo going home.

On a side note I have a Rush story as well. I remember Rush was playing Cal Expo up in Sacramento on May 24th. "Power Windows" Tour of course.

So me and about 9 of my buddies bought our tickets for the show! We are all excited hoping that Rush was going to play "Lakeside Park" since it was the 24th of May.

Well, it just happened to be that my senior ball was on the same day as the Rush concert.

Hell I wanted to blow off the ball big time but my mom and dad forced me to go to my ball. They said it is a "once in a lifetime experience, you can always see Rush!"

Well I was totally pissed off but went to my lame ass ball with my "Outfield" girl. It was a waste of time.

Mustang vs carmenghia ftw?

Mustang vs carmenghia ftw?

Hahaha! Well my Mustang was a piece of shit so I would probably go with her Carmegnghia.

Then again if I had a Shelby Cobra the choice would be obvious!

Get this album ASAP!

EPIC FAIL!

Hey Earl!

Hey Pat!

:dweez:

Keep rocking Earl! :blaze: :haz:

I'm just listening to the brilliant Bangin'. Thanks for the reminder Earl. :cheers:

Any time bud! "Bangin'" is soooooooo underrated. When I bought it back in the day I didn't care for it. It was like when I bought "Signals." I almost cried when I could barely hear any guitar. It was all synth to my young ears. But then alas I fell in love with the album.

I put "Bangin'" in my car last week and I frigging fell in love with it!

"Voices Of Babylon" is ok, but once Alan Jackman left on the drums they lost that heavier proggy sound and when wimpy!

I love The Outfield. Play Deep is a must own from the 80s. One of the definitive albums from 1985. While not on that record, I think my favorite song is Somewhere In America.

Hey Kiss Fan! Hope all is well! I love Andrew Luck! My Raiders totally SUCK!

"Somewhere In America" is the opening track on "Bangin'!" No sophomore slump here!!!

Signed,

"MOVING TARGET"

• Like 1