Paul Thomas Anderson's filmography:

Hard Eight

Boogie Nights

Magnolia

Punch-Drunk Love

There Will Be Blood

The Master

Inherent Vice

One of the more interesting American filmmakers out there right now. I'm looking forward to this.

I'm considering taking public transportation via express bus and subway to see this in L.A. over the weekend. I don't want to wait until January and I'm bummed out that The Interview release got cancelled so I have to make it up somehow. PTA films never disappoint me and I'm a sucker for great movies that have L.A. as a prominent character like Heat and To Live And Die In L.A. for example.
  • Like 1

I'm a hardcore PT Anderson enthusiast. Thanks for making this thread. He's our contemporary Stanley Kubrick. I know some folks, even casual Anderson fans, find such high praise obnoxious, but I really believe this. He's an absolute genius—a true auteur. I loved The Master, thought it was the best film from that year, and already one of my all time favorites. A very intelligent film with myriad layers of meaning. Beautifully written, shot, acted, and edited. Same goes for There Will Be Blood. The guy can almost do no wrong in my eyes (I did try rewatching Magnolia the other night and I had trouble getting through it. Strangely enough, I only remember loving that film too).

Anyway, so stoked for Inherent Vice. Have tickets for 7pm tomorrow, best seats in my favorite theater. Can't wait!!!

Just got back a bit ago. It was outstanding. Absolutely loved it. Quite profound, and so much fun. A beautiful stoner's delight, that might not resonate with everyone, but certainly connected with me. The orange glow of the death (or transformation?) of the California hippie dream. Lovely film.