Wow...Test for Echo review

savagegrace26

Stumbled upon this while reading the reviews on Amazon. Quite brilliant...

"IncestWhoreGecko" is the leaking colostomy bag of Rush's output...

By Toxforth O'Grady - July 10, 2014

Ahwhat to say about the legendary "IncestWhoreGecko" that hasn't been symbolically left in an old e-coli infected emesis basin in some long-abandoned sanitarium somewhere near Chanute, Kansas back in the late 90's when "good Rush" was but a long distant memory (thankfully they redeemed themselves with "Vapor Trails" despite the horrid production). I actually tried to listen to this last week, song by song, and I just could NOT get through it all in one sitting. Yes, it IS that badeven with giving it the benefit of the doubt, the charity of time, looking at it through a forgiving lens, etcit is just so appallingly horrible that I was actually insulted at how much pure uninspired horrid @$$ drivel is on this album.

It starts off OK, "Test for Echo" and "Driven" are alright (although the live versions on "Different Stages" are better), but "Calf that Hurled" and "The Color of Wrong" are two of the worst songs ever recorded by anyone, ever. Listening to those two was like being forced to club baby seals. "Chyme and Lotion," "Dog Years," and "Totem" are pole smokers, just as bad if not worse than "Calf" and "Color" if for no other reason than the fact that such suckopathy actually has the audacity to appear after two of the worst songs ever written.

It must be notedit's not just the horrid uninspired lame music, but the absolutely idiotic 5th grade mindnumbing lyrics where Neil turned into a pseudo-fake intellectual-liberal-wannabe. Remember, this is the album when Neil lost his mind and decided to completely rape his own drumming abilities by actually abandoning EVERYTHING that made Neil Peart "Neil Peart." Makes my sak hurt just to think about it.

Anyhoo, the next track on this steaming coaster, "Virtuality," is actually somewhat listenable! Note that I didn't say that it is good, or even redeeming in any way. I just said it was LISTENABLEperhaps for the example of just how badly Rush lost what made them RUSH at this point; the face-smashing reality that they apparently recorded such a steamer and ACTUALLY thought it was a good idea (let alone a good SONG) at the time. People justifiably hate on this song, but it's probably the only real reason to even listen to this album in the first place; for it is an "urban legend" of sortssome have questioned the existence of a Rush song SO bad you'd crush your neighbor's taint in a 90 ton hydraulic pressand here come to find out such a song ACTUALLY EXISTS!!! But, even if you HATE "Virtuality," at least there's somewhat of a novelty therewhodathunk both "Dog Years" and "Virtuality" could actually be included in the same piece of work? For every single kernal of corn in the bowl-ringer that is "Virtuality," there are TEN undigested green peas in the aural diarrhea that is "Dog Years." I mean, I thought there was a limit to the amount of necrosis a diabetic foot ulcer can take before you have to lop off the whole damn foot. Legend has it that if you record these two songs back to back on any media format, said format will actually suddenly cease to existsadly, that's what happened to minidisc when some poor sap recorded just these two songs on his new MD recorder, set it to repeat, fell asleep (gee, I wonder why) and then turned into the neighbor boy from Helen Reddy's "Angie Baby." Yep, not only did HE disappear, but so did minidisc. Damn you, Helen Reddy!!! Damn you to hell!!!!!!

Helen Reddy's bra-burning "liberality" (see what I did there?) aside, the boring watch-the-cars-rust formula of the rest of "IncestWhoreGecko" is a mind abortion performed with one of Helen's own rusty wire hangers. But, after "Virtuality" actually comes the worst instrumental Rush ever did, "Rimblo," complete with the stupid "Transylvania twist" crap (almost as dumb as the "that's nice" wince-inducing dreck at the end of Pissto's otherwise OK "Chain Lightning") with the cheezy sample mixed so poorly you can't tell what the hell it is even trying to accomplish. The album ends (thankfully) with the equally horrid "Marv Albert's Gall Stone" which honestly is so lacking of ANYTHING that I actually lost interest in it in the time it took me to type the title!!!

"You and me against the world

Sometimes it sounds like

Poo and pee; it made this turd."

-Helen Reddy

0 of 1 people found this review helpful

0 of 12 people found the following review helpful

Just like the cover, you're SCREWED if you actually PAY to take the poopchute ride that is "Cunterfarts", July 12, 2014

By Toxforth O'Grady

This review is from: Counterparts (Audio CD)

Ah, just what to say about "Cunterfarts" that hasn't already been eloquently stated...

While there are four or five good songs on it (ok, make that LISTENABLE songs), the rest blows enough chunks to be Karen Carpenter's doppelganger.

The only decent songs are:

1) Enema Ate

2) Dick Is Out

3) Ho-buddy's Queer-O

4) Cuddle Gay Gent

5) Pee That's Drank Alone

The rest is almost as bad as the majority of "IncestWhoreGecko" and truthfully it's damn near impossible to suck THAT badly.

"Cut (to) the Cheese," "Between the Sack and Poon," "Alien Snore," "The Speed of Suck," "$*** Fire," and "Everygay Gloryhole" make me want to stab myself in the taint.

by Rush

Not NEARLY as bad as "IncestWhoreGecko" but it's getting there...

1 of 17 people found this review helpful

March 31, 2014

Here's what I really think about Pissto:

1. "Show Don't Tell" Best song on the album; tricks you into thinking the rest will be good...Rush did that for a while; they'd put the best song early on and you'd be astounded by how bad and seemingly unrelated some of the other crap on the album was. A beacon of light after the last few songs off Hold Your Fire when THAT album lost steam. Bass solo! Jazz bass (at least in the video)!!! Catchy! Less keyboards!!! What could go wrong? Hey, this album might be good!!! But, don't get them hopes up just yet; reality sets in quite quickly on 'ol Pissto...

2. "Chain Lightning" OK song...those damn sun dogs! Good 2nd song. The "That's Nice" part is stupid. Geddy's "bram bram bram" or whatever the hell is fun.

3. "The Ass" Actually this is alright; I don't get why some people hate it so much...at least it's catchy. Well-written concise little song. Could be a LOT worse...just keep listening!

4. "Whore Taint" My GOD does this song epitomize what was WRONG with Rush then...Casio sounding horrid keys, lameness on a grand scale, staccato "singing," enough reverb to fill a stadium. After the first three, you give this one a pass (no pun intended!) thinking the next song will be a little better...and it is.

5. "Scars" Not horrible; Geddy was still trying to write a Tears for Fears song here...kinda catchy, not nearly as cringe inducing as it could have been...just wait for the 2nd half of the album!

6. "Pissto" If I could wave my magic wand, I'd p*ss all over this s*** song. When I first had this on cassette in 1989, THIS is the point I would turn the tape off. The death-knell of the album.

7. "Poopycumdickd'er" Ah, the hate for this song is legendary; truth is, it's cheezy, but kinda GOOD cheezy. Not that the song IS good, but at least it's catchy and hooky. The last gleam of hope from the album. It's a quick poop-chute splash from here on out.

8. "Ass-a-grab (for Man-Ho)" I can NOT listen to this s***. The absolute epitome of how bad Rush lost the point back then...absolutely nothing redeeming. Rush was almost DONE when they actually finished recording this and thought it had ANYTHING redeeming. Sums up completely what was EXCRUCIATINGLY TERRIBLE about Rush back then. It's as if they wrote a song and said, "OK, let's try to lose every fan we have left with this one."

9. "Red Mountain Fresh Tide with Bleach" Oh my phr*ckin' God PLEASE make it stop. Stupid liberal 8th grade lyrics, drenched in 80's reverb, Casio keys...terribly uncatchy, monotone singing...if you need an example of how Rush completely lost the plot/script/purpose/method/reason in the late 80's, THIS is it. As is the next song...

10. "Ass Insert Fist" This song STILL makes me wince. Just completely terrible. I feel embarassed for Rush when I TRY to listen to this...nearly 25yrs later & STILL not catchy. NOTHING good whatsoever about this dreck. No testosterone at ALL. Makes me think of that little feminine boy on the bullying commercial shown at night where he's coached to say, "It's harder where there's a bigger group" as he scriptedly shakes his head. Quick! Cut to the scene with his two biker moms with front-butts...yeah, you can see where this song is going.

11. "Available Light" Available S***.

Was this really on Amazon?

Yes. I saw it on Amazon too. I wouldn't have started a thread about it but that's just me. Some others here might not feel that way but I don't see the point in it?.... :huh:
  • Like 3

Wow is Spaghetti desperate, LMAO.

it gave me a good laugh.........sorry it did.

but yea amazon is very loose review wise.

Mick

No need to be sorry. I weed through the sh*t and laugh enough..... :)
  • Like 2

What surprises me the most about this thread isn't the fact that SavageGracie continues to stalk me for months (including reposting the reviews above which I already posted on this forum months ago in different threads), searching all crevices of the internet for mentions of me (hell he even makes YouTube videos about me) but the fact that I haven't done a review for Roll the Bones yet!!! WTF?!??!!!?? How did I miss THAT masterpiece (of $h*t)??!!!!?!!?!???!!!?!!!?

What surprises me the most about this thread isn't the fact that SavageGracie continues to stalk me for months (including reposting the reviews above which I already posted on this forum months ago in different threads), searching all crevices of the internet for mentions of me (hell he even makes YouTube videos about me) but the fact that I haven't done a review for Roll the Bones yet!!! WTF?!??!!!?? How did I miss THAT masterpiece (of $h*t)??!!!!?!!?!???!!!?!!!?

I stumbled upon them when reading the Test for Echo reviews...I wasn't "stalking" you.

I didn't even know that was you. I thought it was Toxforth O'Grady....

Admit that all of your posts and "witty" song and album names were stolen from Toxforth.

Edited by savagegrace26

Was this really on Amazon?

Yes. I saw it on Amazon too. I wouldn't have started a thread about it but that's just me. Some others here might not feel that way but I don't see the point in it?.... :huh:

I don't know. It's entertaining to a degree.

At least more entertaining and interesting than posting "no opinion". Thanks for that remarkably worthwhile insight. So what was the point of that? ;)

I'm surprised Amazon would even allow that review to be posted. And I agree this stuff does not belong on this forum.

They've been here for years in fragments in one form or another...

"Your search for the term pissto returned 17 results"

Edited by savagegrace26
  • Like 2

I'm surprised Amazon would even allow that review to be posted. And I agree this stuff does not belong on this forum.

They've been here for months in fragments in one form or another...

And your point is? I still think it shouldn't be allowed.