Do you have a Rush themed tattoo?

G Lee

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a Rush themed tattoo?

• Yessir
    • Nosir

I wouldn't get a tattoo that was obviously Rush-themed, but I would consider getting an illustration of a line of lyric that I find especially meaningful if I could find someone to draw it. It would be images only, no words, the message only for me and people I felt close enough to share it with.

I have a couple of tattoos but not a Rush themed one.

Hmmmmm. Wondering where and what?... :)

Nothing too exciting. I have a butterfly on my left hip and a chakram (from the tv show Xena) on my right ankle.

I have a couple of tattoos but not a Rush themed one.

Hmmmmm. Wondering where and what?... :)

Nothing too exciting. I have a butterfly on my left hip and a chakram (from the tv show Xena) on my right ankle.

Thanks.....
  • Like 1

This question is probably not right for this thread, and maybe it's been discussed before, but to what extent is a band's artwork really a part of "their" creative output? Hugh Syme creates a visual of a naked dude against a star; the band likes it, and it becomes forever associated with them. However, they did not create that image. The artist may have been inspired by the message of a song to create a visual that represents it, but . . . it's still not "by" the band . . . actually, I don't really know where I'm going with this. Should I delete? Probably. But I'll toss it in there anyway.

On a related note, I remember being teased in high school for wearing a "shirt with a naked dude on it."

This question is probably not right for this thread, and maybe it's been discussed before, but to what extent is a band's artwork really a part of "their" creative output? Hugh Syme creates a visual of a naked dude against a star; the band likes it, and it becomes forever associated with them. However, they did not create that image. The artist may have been inspired by the message of a song to create a visual that represents it, but . . . it's still not "by" the band . . . actually, I don't really know where I'm going with this. Should I delete? Probably. But I'll toss it in there anyway.

On a related note, I remember being teased in high school for wearing a "shirt with a naked dude on it."

Going For The One tour shirt?..... :huh: :) Edited by Narpski

I'm sure they have ideas/concepts that they throw out there (probably mainly Neil) but they've worked with Syme for so long that they may let him come up with the ideas himself and they either approve it or not. It's hard to say. There's most likely some discussion involved but when working with someone as long as they have Syme may have free reign over designs because he probably knows their sensibilities very well.

Edited by savagegrace26
  • Like 1

Going For The One tour shirt?..... :huh: :)

Ha. Forgot about that one (the cover and the album). Nope - I had one of those stylin' black Rush shirts with the white sleeves - remember the ones? And it had naked starman dude on it.

Ha. Forgot about that one (the cover and the album). Nope - I had one of those stylin' black Rush shirts with the white sleeves - remember the ones? And it had naked starman dude on it.

The raglan t-shirt. I still have a moving pictures one but I don't wear it much....

The raglan t-shirt. I still have a moving pictures one but I don't wear it much....

That style of shirt had a name? I did not know that.

Sorry, everyone, for turning the tattoo thread into a shirt thread. Now, back to what's underneath the shirt...

Here's one mixed in with some other stuff.....

http://s30.postimg.org/xdii5gxch/IMAG0176.jpg

• Like 1

I don't have any tattoos at all, and have never really wanted one.

If I ever were to get one, though, it wouldn't be a Rush tattoo. It would be something in memory of my sister.

Maybe your 50th birthday like I did? Just needed something at that moment to mark an occasion or milestone if you will and I chose Rush.....

My 50th birthday?? :o

At least you're giving me some time to think about that.

I think tattoos are a way to decorate your body with some artwork that's personal to you. I didnt get mine with the intentions to show off to other people, I got them for myself.
  • Like 2

I think tattoos are a way to decorate your body with some artwork that's personal to you. I didnt get mine with the intentions to show off to other people, I got them for myself.

When I got mine I made sure my work uniform sleeve covered it. I brought the shirt with me to be sure. Now I don't give a sh*t because I don't work. Most of my tees don't cover it but nobody cares anyway.... :)

When I got mine I made sure my work uniform sleeve covered it. I brought the shirt with me to be sure. Now I don't give a sh*t because I don't work. Most of my tees don't cover it but nobody cares anyway.... :)

I don't think the stigma about having a tattoo is around as much anymore. When I got mine on my ankle I made sure it was where sock would cover it. Now I see people with tattoos on their hands and arms working in public jobs and no one seems to really care.

I don't think the stigma about having a tattoo is around as much anymore. When I got mine on my ankle I made sure it was where sock would cover it. Now I see people with tattoos on their hands and arms working in public jobs and no one seems to really care.

My company wouldn't have allowed it to be visible. Some guys I worked with had some on their lower arms. They had to wear long sleeve shirts. Its no fun in somebodies 130 degree attic in short sleeves. Long sleeves :no: .... :scared:
  • Like 1

I'm the same.

• Like 1

San Francisco (and California in general) is much more permissive about stuff. Certainly there are more conservative companies and areas, but here in the city you see people with all sorts of visible tattoos and piercings, and all sorts of hair colors, working at all sorts of jobs.

That being said, I like that my tattoos are in places where I can hide them or show them as I please.

• Like 1

San Francisco (and California in general) is much more permissive about stuff. Certainly there are more conservative companies and areas, but here in the city you see people with all sorts of visible tattoos and piercings, and all sorts of hair colors, working at all sorts of jobs.

That being said, I like that my tattoos are in places where I can hide them or show them as I please.

As long as they don't bite.... :D
  • Like 1

As long as they don't bite.... :D

The south still thinks the old civil war is going on...

• Like 2