80s vs 90s?

fraroc

34 members have voted

1. 1. What do you like better? 80s Rush or 90s Rush?

• 80s
    • 90s
    • Love both
    • Hate both

Didn't have to think about it at all. 100% 80s. I highly doubt anyone will vote 90s

BowlCity might.

This is what happens when I go out and trim a few bushes. You beat me to it.... :rage: :D

Is that a euphemism?

:laughing guy:

• Like 1

80s most definitely. The 90s was kind of a decline into synth pop rock.

With barely any synth....how many synths are on Counterparts and Test for Echo?

Wouldn't the 80's be more "synth" pop rock?

:yes: GuP thru HYF for sure, with GuP being more rock than pop.

For Lorraine......and anyone else who enjoys my psychotic rants

http://www.therushfo...20#entry3236711

Mick

Can I dare ask your age? I'm not trying to come off as judgemental at all I'm just curious. Like anything else I find that age, when regarding Rush, has a lot to do with the material you most relate to and identify with as being "classic".

I for one consider "Mission" to be a pretty classic track. That statement would probably get me killed in some circles.

i'm 29. So in other words i grew up in the 90's. So unfortunatly that's my Rush era. lol

Mick

Didn't have to think about it at all. 100% 80s. I highly doubt anyone will vote 90s

BowlCity might.

This is what happens when I go out and trim a few bushes. You beat me to it.... :rage: :D

Is that a euphemism?

:laughing guy:

Don't I wish...
  • Like 1

I love both eras. From Moving Pictures to Test for Echo, each and every album was great. Just a couple clunkers—Hand Over Fist and The Speed of Love, I'm looking at you!—and yes, I do enjoy Hold Your Fire, Presto, AND Test for Echo. Shocking, isn't it?

I love both eras. From Moving Pictures to Test for Echo, each and every album was great. Just a couple clunkers—Hand Over Fist and The Speed of Love, I'm looking at you!—and yes, I do enjoy Hold Your Fire, Presto, AND Test for Echo. Shocking, isn't it?

Yes it is.... :)

The 80's is arguably my favourite era. MP, P/G, HYF and possibly PeW are perfect albums to my ears, with the rest having to find contentment with being merely sublime/stupendous/phenomenal/as close to perfect as it is possible to be without being perfect albums.

I looooove this era!

The nineties? I think RTB is pretty good, T4E is a guilty pleasure, and Counterparts is a fantastic near classic. But RTB and T4E rank alongside SA and FBN as two of the least impressive Rush offerings.

HYF is an 80's album.

You can throw Power Windows in there too. For me, the 80s are carried by PeW, Pictures and Signals. I like GUP a lot, but it was the first Rush album that had to grow on me.

Roll the Bones, Counterparts and Test For Echo just aren't very good albums. They each have their moments, but on the whole they aren't in the same league as the first 3 80s albums.

Edited by Rick N. Backer
  • Like 1

HYF is an 80's album.

You can throw Power Windows in there too. For me, the 80s are carried by PeW, Pictures and Signals. I like GUP a lot, but it was the first Rush album that had to grow on me.

Roll the Bones, Counterparts and Test For Echo just aren't very good albums. They each have their moments, but on the whole they aren't in the same league as the first 3 80s albums.

Not in any way, shape or form.

• Like 3

HYF is an 80's album.

That's why it's hard to rate something by decade. It just doesn't work.

HYF is an 80's album.

That's why it's hard to rate something by decade. It just doesn't work.

And it's arbitrary